MRI results are in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRI results are in

Doc said I have an annular disc tear between L4-L5. There is nothing he can do besides pain management at this point. Going to go with a pain reliever cream for now. The other option is steroid shot into the disc. Guessing it's cortizone. Anyone else dealing with something like this?
    Thoughts?
    Bryan

Colorado Patriot Guard Rider

Well I had the same disc herniated and I am GUESSING that's the same thing cause herniation is a tear. They tried the shots twice on me and they did nothing. The first one just did not get to the area but the second did and it just had no effect. I had 3 heriated.... 2 bad and they trimmed the bad ones (micro-discectomy). I can't tell you that it helped all that much. My back still hurts but the leg pain I was getting is better.... Still can happen but its better. Sorry to hear about the back bro.
    Peace.
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

Comment

Thanks..I read what you had posted before. I knew yours was worse than mine. No leg pain here. I does radiate about 1/2 way down my ass sometimes. I was doing cardio on my bike in the basement one day and then tried to walk up the steps and I couldn't move my legs. Freaked me out. I had to crawl up the steps. That only happened once back in August
      Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by BryanB View Post
        Thanks..I read what you had posted before. I knew yours was worse than mine. No leg pain here. I does radiate about 1/2 way down my ass sometimes. I was doing cardio on my bike in the basement one day and then tried to walk up the steps and I couldn't move my legs. Freaked me out. I had to crawl up the steps. That only happened once back in August
        Sorry to hear aboit your injury.
        Did the orthopedic suggest physical therapy?

Sent from my DROIDX
        [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
        Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Nah, I tried that for 2 months before the MRI. It either helped none or I was more sore afterwards and the next day
          Bryan

Comment

What are your symptoms? That is more important than what the MRI shows.

What were they doing for you in PT? Important to know what DOESN'T help you before suggesting things to help

Topical cream is unlikely to help - unless your main symptom is muscle soreness or spasm in the low back.

Dunhill - you're right annular tearing is what leads to a bulging or herniated disc because it causes a "thin spot" that can bulge.

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

Has this affected your workouts ?

sorry to hear pt didn't help.

I will let the vets chime in as I am by far no.vet.and.can only share my experience.

Best of.luck!
              [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
              Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Symptoms..PAIN It's a continuous achesthat starts in the L4 area and radiates south. Pain is right along the spine. I can sit, stand and walk without it hurting much. If I walk for a while then stop, I HAVE to sit down. It hurts too much to stand after being on my feet for any period of time.
                I haven't found anything specific that causes the pain to be worse. I spent about 6 hours working on vehicles and yardwork on Saturday with no issues. Other times I could be in the garage cleaning and it hurts to straighten up and then I have to get off my feet
                Bryan

Comment

I took off from work out from Aug-Dec hoping rest would help. I was doing PT Aug/Sep. I just started working out again this month. Taking it easy. I feel pain in my back loading 45lb plates on the bar. I still knocked out 275x10 for 3 sets last week. Only pain was loading and unloading the bar
                  Last edited by BryanB; 12-19-2011, 03:36 PM.
                  Bryan

Comment

no advice but wish you well.
                    Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                    -John Ceasar

Comment

What were they doing for you when you were in PT?

Topical cream may help out with the pain right along the spine - Kwan Loong Oil is my new favorite thanks to Scott's suggestions a long time back. I recommend it to all my patients now!

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

I have 2 bottles of Kwan Loong oil. I use it daily and can tell when I don't.
                        For PT, they would start off with heat and electric stim for 15 min. Then several stretches and massage. Would also do some bridges for lower back strengthening
                        Bryan

Comment

Mine was a full-blown disc rupture with fluid leaking so surgery was a no brainer....
                          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                          17 AAU Super Total
                          '16-AAU Hi
                          '15-USPA Metro
                          '15-USPA State
                          '15-AAU HI
                          '14-AAU HI
                          '14-USPA Metro
                          '14-WABDL Sonny's
                          '14-USPA State
                          '14-HI Strongman
                          '13-USPA
                          '13-WABDL Sonny's
                          '13-USPA State
                          '13-AAU HI
                          '11-USPA Metro
                          '10-NPC Stingrey
                          '09-NPC Islands
                          '09-NPC Stingrey
                          '09-ABA Islands
                          '02-ABA Islands
                          '02-ABA IronWorks
                          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                          '01-ABA Olympia
                          '01-ABA Islands
                          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                          '00-INBF Musclefest
                          '98-NGA Ill
                          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

How are you now after the surgery?
                            Bryan

Comment

Just wanted to add the importance of proper posture at all times. I know, I know people talk about it but in real life its actually hard at first to put it into practice. The gym has been by and large pain free for me cause my posture is just about spot on when I perform an ex but I can be doing something like just relaxing in a chair and I go to get up and I'm in pain, I was wrapping gifts the other day and i was just bending and moving and by the end my back and down my leg was hurting... The more I am conscious of it the more of a habit it becomes but I still forget, often after I've been feeling good for a while and just don't think about it. If you start fully concentrating on it you will get muscle aches and pains cause you just ain't used to it but that's normal and trust me it is a far different pain...not even close to the pain you get now. It can be tiring and hard to start but the more you do it, the easier it becomes.

BTW, the only thing I have found that helps the pain when it comes is electric stim, not the real mild kind (I don't remember the diff names, I just know how to set my unit)... It kinda scrambles the pain signal to the brain. Just the only pain reliever that has helped me.
                              Peace
                              Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                              Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                              Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                              X