Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what common misinformation bugs you the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what common misinformation bugs you the most?

since IM people are serious and knowledgeable through EXPERIENCE, i figure a thread on revealing the mass information spread in the public will help a lot. too often i've read a bunch of crap online to take it as true only to realize that i had wasted my time.

diet, lifting, anything related to training for BB or PL.

i hope this thread gets a lot of input so people less experienced can learn a lot by filtering BS/truth and save time.

i'll start off:
    body can only handle about 30g protein per meal. i know this affected me through the beginnings of my training.

That steroids make anyone big, without touching a weight, or eating properly.

J
    "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

time....regardless of the training program/diet..... when you see a "big" guy (BB/PL etc), it probably took him or her years to build that physique.
      '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
      17 AAU Super Total
      '16-AAU Hi
      '15-USPA Metro
      '15-USPA State
      '15-AAU HI
      '14-AAU HI
      '14-USPA Metro
      '14-WABDL Sonny's
      '14-USPA State
      '14-HI Strongman
      '13-USPA
      '13-WABDL Sonny's
      '13-USPA State
      '13-AAU HI
      '11-USPA Metro
      '10-NPC Stingrey
      '09-NPC Islands
      '09-NPC Stingrey
      '09-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA IronWorks
      '01-NPC Paradise Cup
      '01-ABA Olympia
      '01-ABA Islands
      '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
      '00-INBF Musclefest
      '98-NGA Ill
      '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

The concept that "lower abs" are a muscle that you can isolate.

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

The idea that hard work has little or nothing to do with someone putting on size. When in fact it is the main reason.

Comment

...oh and the "fact" that you cannot lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

"overtraining"
              "You can't be the fastest or the strongest but you can always work the hardest." - Jim Wendler

"Failing is nothing more than inexperience" - Jim Wendler

"You won't have to rotate squats and deadlifts, but do them both and thus get more fucking awesome every week" - cooltom

Comment

Benching PL style won't build your chest or triceps as well as BB style (no arch, no leg drive). Everyone at my gym tells me this when we talk about benching. They seem to discount the fact that I did not have noticeable pecs or tris UNTIL I got my PL form down and started moving more weight. "Well that's just because you're stressing them with more weight" ... no shit sherlock. Weirdest argument ever.

Related to this is the "advice" from people that I need more reps on my benching work. When I was struggling to hit 5 x 155 one day some skinnyfat ex-high school football player came over to "help me out". He was telling me that I would need to drop down to the 95 - 115 lb range for reps because "you need that endurance to handle the heavy weights" ... wtf? So I proceeded to do the opposite and took up Surovetsky's Bench program which calls mostly for reps in the 1 - 3 range after warming up. and I recently hit 205, same max as this know-it-all advisor.
                Last edited by Zoroaster; 12-12-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I get this one at my gym: "I don't go below parallel because it is bad for your knees." LMAO!
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

That some pros are pros in spite of their genetics...um...nope, there is not a pro on this planet without insane genetics.

That you can shape a muscle.

That drugs don't make a huge difference.

That testosterone does not build muscle and burn fat.

That every trainer at the gym pulls out the balance boards and those big balls for everything....how about we start by having them perform the ex in a safe stable manor FIRST??

That women should train to have 'long lean muscle'.

That women can't train as intensely as men ... Hey tommy the trainer....how did you get here? She can handle pain just fine!

Etc..........

Etc..........
                    Last edited by thedunhill225; 12-13-2011, 01:31 AM.
                    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                    Nicki Minaj

Comment

Gonna quote exactly out of a magazine for this one:

"When trying to put on size, it's not a matter of how much protein you ingest, it's a matter of having a caloric surplus or not."

I seriously laughed out loud at that. I laughed...reading a magazine. Not an easy feat.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                      -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                      2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                      -1st Heavyweight Gi
                      2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                      2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Some kid I know has been begging me for a long time to take him to the gym and workout. Last week I bring him along, and this little shit tells me I dunno what I'm doing because all the best trainers say you gotta switch things up pretty often to trick the muscles and avoid muscle memory, and any time you do the same exercise for more than a couple months you're just wasting time. Meanwhile, I have damn near 60 pounds on him and have been squatting, benching and shoulder pressing for 3 years running. He can trick his muscles and switch from tricep kickbacks to bosu pushups to squats-into-dumbbell curls until the cows come home, he won't put on a fucking pound.....and the sad part is he'll never realize that he's wrong.
                        Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

A trainer told me to point my toes inwards to build my teardrop, I knew nothing & wasted a year *sigh*

NABBA Miss World Italy 2013 - 3rd
                          NABBA Miss Universe 2012 - 1st
                          NABBA World Brazil 2011 - 5th
                          NABBA Miss Britain Champion 2011-1st
                          NABBA Universe 2010 Trained Figure- 5th
                          NABBA UK 2010 Trained Figure-1st
                          NABBA England 2010 Trained Figure-2nd

Comment

"You can't get good and quality physique without steroids" - this is the most common quote around here.This is probably the reason why you can see people who don't know the difference between proteins and carbohydrates but are juicing hard...

Comment

Without a shadow of doubt, IMO, "deep squats are bad for your knees, period." I'd be rich if I had a dollar for each person I've seen doing quarter squats (and often with really, really light weights) because of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X