Anyone have a vitamixer? Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a vitamixer? Worth it?

I have been looking into buying a vitamixer for a while as a gift to myself, but they are really expensive compared to a lot of other juicers out there...however, if the claims are true, then it's well worth the extra cash.

Anyone own one? Is it worth it? Do you use it as often as you think you would?

I am a big health freak as far as taking vitamins/minerals/supps for overall health and not just for performance, and have been really trying to eat more veggies. I think this would make it a lot easier to do.

Also, I am a new uncle, and I help raise my niece (One year old). I thought it would be nice to be able to make her home made juices instead of store-bought-sugar-infused crap.

Should I invest in a vitamixer, or go with something less "top of the line"?

Anyone share any experience?

Here's a link in case anyone doesn't know anything about the vitamixer:
    http://www.vitamix.com/

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

I've used the "Magic Bullet" many times, and I thought it was the best, though kinda small.

Are these supposedly better?
    TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

If you will use it buy it. I am very convinced of the benifits of "juicing"

edit: holy shit 400+$
      i cant see a 400 dollar blender
      Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
      -John Ceasar

Comment

On line the Vita mixer gets great reviews. Montel Williams is hocking his version. It's a lot cheaper, but I don't know if it is as good.
        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I've owned a Vitamix 5000 for about 4-5 years now. Best blender I've owned hands down. I mix up large batches of pancake batter in there an never had a hitch. Once or twice the motor has automatically shut off, but the unit wasn't the worse for wear.

I used to burn through blenders pretty easily and would have to make half batches of thicker stuff. (I'm the kind of guy who will carry in 20 bags of groceries at once rather than making two trips.)

In my mind, rather than buying 4-5 blenders over the next ten years, I just bought this one (with some encouragement from a friend who'd had one for about a decade) and am glad I did.

The model I have is the bare bones version. I think it was about $200-250 when I got it on special at a demo at Costco. It might have been over $300 online.

-S
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I have one as well and they are awesome. We use to use it daily and make protein shakes for the kids with spinach and they never knew. The only thing that has gone wrong is the variable speed adjuster was going bad. We called them and they sent us a new unit or fixed ours free (have to ask wife which it was) even though we had it for years. No questions asked. I don't recall what there warranty is but that was great service.

Also I think this is what Jamba Juice uses.
            Last edited by DirtyJohnson; 12-12-2011, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what are the claims?

Comment

Check out "waring" blenders. Better made, more power!

Comment

I've used a vitamix and a magic bullet and there is no comparison. The vitamix can blend up frozen bananas 3 or 4 at a time right out of the freezer without a problem. It is well worth it in my opinion.

Comment

How about vs the "blendtec" I often see these two compared.

Comment

Don't own one personally, but we have very close friends who have one. They used it non-stop the first couple of months and I know have tapered off since then. She actually makes soups with it. I don't know if it's a special model with an element, or if its just the heat generated from the blades, but the soup actually cooks while it's blending. I thought it would be a great idea to try to pound some extra food....throw a couple cooked chicken breasts in with the other ingredients to make whatever sort of thick soup you prefer and you've got a bunch of extra protein minus the chewing.
                      "no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit. Just training for being a motherfucker" -- Jim Wendler

"No fucking lifter is hardcore. Hardcore is taking shrapnel in the ass fighting for your country. We're lifting weights." -- Dave Tate

Check out my Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                        Out of curiosity, what are the claims?
                        Basically, that there is zero waste product, and the skin is acutally juiced enoughed to drink as well, and juicing in essence is infinetly easier.

It can juice damn near anything...nice and fine too.

Essentially, it's the best juicer out there...that's the claims. LOL

Thanks for the responses everyone. I have found someone selling one brand new still in packaging for almost 50% of listed price, so I have some thinking to do.

I appreciate any more comments also

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                        -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                        2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                        -1st Heavyweight Gi
                        2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                        2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Check out "waring". Best blenders hands down. Far more powerful and better built than vitamix.

Comment

Have one- Greatest blender ever. I don't know how many blenders i had before this one but one of the worst things with blenders is the cleanup. Not this one. Hands down the best feature is the cleanup.
                            Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve!!!

Comment

It's the Rolls Royce of all blenders. As with any other investments, it's totally worth it if you maximize its use and can benefit from it.

My wife and I picked one up early last year and use it quite often to prepare shakes, juices, baby food purees, soup, cake batter, cocktail drinks and other food items. The blender actually comes with a pretty lengthy recipe book and you'll be amazed at what it can be used for.

The motor is industrial strength, which allows it to fine blend almost anything, which yields no waste unlike most juicers. If you can secure one at 50% off it's original cost, that is a fantastic deal!
                              For your next order from TrueNutrition - Use Discount Code JNJ120
                              Solus Christus___________SemperFi

Comment

Working...
                              X