Diet Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Input

Here is an outline of my current diet. I have it at 3800kcals but will be upping it to 4500. Just wanted to get some input on what and where to add the additional 700 calories or even if anybody feels I should swap out some of my current foods for better choices. Current macro breakdown is 332g of carbs, 381g of protein, and 117g of fat.

7:30 AM Breakfast
    1 Cup of Oatmeal
    made with 10 ounces of organic skim milk
    60 grams Egg White/Whole Egg Protein powder 50/50 blend (added to the oatmeal after it is cooked)
    1 Cup of Wild Organic Blueberries
    1T All Natual Almond Butter

Shake - 30g Custom Protein Blend / Instant Coffee / 8 ounces organic skim milk

Supplements - Multi-vitamin, 3g TP Fish Oil, 10,000iu Vitamin D, Move-Free Joint Supplement

10:00 AM Mid-morning
    3 slices Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel Bread
    1 Cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese

12:30 PM Lunch
    10 oz (raw weight) Organic Chicken Breast
    1 cup of green vegetables
    32 grams of cashews/almonds/walnuts

4:00 PM Mid-Afternoon (Pre-workout)
    60g Custom Protein Blend (WPI, Egg White, Micellar Casein, Glutamine, Glutamine peptides)
    2 Bananas

Supplements - Creatine/Arginine (@ 5:30)
    Workout from 6:00 - 7:30 PM - sip on BCAAs throughout

8:00 PM Dinner (Post-workout)
    5-6 oz Wild-caught Salmon
    1 cup of vegetables
    3 oz (uncooked weight) VitaSpelt Whole Grain Spelt Noodles
    Small amount of EVOO

10:00 PM Before Bed
    60g Custom Protein Blend (WPI, Egg White, Micellar Casein, Glutamine, Glutamine peptides)
    64 grams All Natural Valencia Peanut Butter
    Supplements - 3g TP Fish Oil, Melatonin, 5-HTP
    Last edited by moco; 12-07-2011, 01:43 AM.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
    2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
    2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
    2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
    2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

What are your current stats weight bodyfat etc... goals?
    2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
    2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
    2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
    2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
    2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
    2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
    *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
    88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
    88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Current stats:
      Height - 6'0"
      Weight - Approx. 210
      Body Fat - Approx 12-13%

Goals:
      I'd like to eventually compete in bodybuilding and my goal is to come in at the top end of the light heavies for my first show, so I still have some size to put on. I feel I'm right around my caloric maintenance level currently as I've been holding steady at 210. I'm looking to gain naturally at the moment but have used "super supplements" a couple of times.

2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Well shit, am I that hopeless?

Comment

Add all the calories to your two post workout meals. Say 400-500 calories in that first post workout meal, then the remaining calories to your meal right before bed.

I would do something like adding 75g protein, 75g carbs, and maybe 11g of fat (I would put the fat in the pre-bed meal).
          -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
          -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
          198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
          -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
          198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
          -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
          198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
            Add all the calories to your two post workout meals. Say 400-500 calories in that first post workout meal, then the remaining calories to your meal right before bed.

I would do something like adding 75g protein, 75g carbs, and maybe 11g of fat (I would put the fat in the pre-bed meal).
            Thanks. I picked up some Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries to have immediately post-workout. Convenient because they're fairly calorie dense (and well, taste great); very similar to Pop-Tarts macronutrient values but without as much crap:

Wheat flour*, evaporated cane juice invert*, palm oil*, evaporated cane juice*, brown sugar*, whole wheat flour*, corn starch*, vital wheat gluten*, dextrose*, molasses*, rice starch*, sea salt, leavening (baking soda, cream of tartar), tapioca starch*, brown sugar flavor*, maple flavor*, cinnamon*, honey*, rice bran extract*, cocoa*, caramel flavor*, vanilla flavor*, caramel color*, algin, sodium citrate, monocalcium phosphate, whey protein concentrate (milk). *Organic.

Maybe I'll add some additional meat/fish to my dinner as well.

Comment

Might even want to consider adding some carbs intra-workout. TrueProtein just launched KarboLoad, sounds really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                Might even want to consider adding some carbs intra-workout. TrueProtein just launched KarboLoad, sounds really good.
                Hm, would it be similar to a protein shake consistency? I'm not sure I could stomach anything that resembles a shake during a workout.
                Last edited by Rco; 12-13-2011, 04:52 PM.
                2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Figure & Overall
                2013 NPC Rhode Island - 1st Figure
                2012 NPC Emerald Cup - 2nd Figure
                2010 NPC Northwest Championships - 4th Figure

Comment

Originally posted by Rco View Post
                  Hm, would it be similar to a protein shake consistency? I'm not sure I couldn't stomach anything that resembles a shake during a workout.
                  No, if it's something close to Karbolyn (which I believe it is) you will have zero stomach problems. Consistency should be more like Gatorade than a protein shake.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                    I agree with adding some carbs and protein intra-workout. I was surprised how many more calories I was able to consume without putting on fat just by upping my carb and protein intake during my workout. I haven't used karboload yet but I use a blend from True Nutrition. When you look at the cost per pound of carbs they are dirt cheap...

Hm, would it be similar to a protein shake consistency? I'm not sure I couldn't stomach anything that resembles a shake during a workout.
                    I didn't think I would be able to either, and I have a sensitive stomach. You have to find the right combination or products that sits well. For example, too much waxy maize made me feel like garbage. I can't wait to try the new karboload once I finish up my current mix. CFM Isolate has a real clean taste and doesn't cause any digestion issues for me, so that might be one to try.
                    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Cream

Some heavy cream added into the last shake of the day would bump the calories up. Tastes good too. It is around 50 kcal per tbsp and 5 g of fat.

Comment

You all bring up a valid point. That ~2 hour workout window is an opportunity missed to ingest calories.

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                        I agree with adding some carbs and protein intra-workout. I was surprised how many more calories I was able to consume without putting on fat just by upping my carb and protein intake during my workout. I haven't used karboload yet but I use a blend from True Nutrition. When you look at the cost per pound of carbs they are dirt cheap...

I didn't think I would be able to either, and I have a sensitive stomach. You have to find the right combination or products that sits well. For example, too much waxy maize made me feel like garbage. I can't wait to try the new karboload once I finish up my current mix. CFM Isolate has a real clean taste and doesn't cause any digestion issues for me, so that might be one to try.
                        Do you see a noticeable difference in performance vs. just drinking water? Are are you utilizing it more for bumping up calories?

Comment

Do you see a noticeable difference in performance vs. just drinking water? Are are you utilizing it more for bumping up calories?
                          I've been using this for recovery purposes and calories. For me, taking in a good amount of kcals during my workout helps me maintain my energy/training intensity throughout the workout and makes it easier to get in another meal right after training versus consuming a one big shake at the end. Plus, the extra carbs give a nice pump
                          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                            I've been using this for recovery purposes and calories. For me, taking in a good amount of kcals during my workout helps me maintain my energy/training intensity throughout the workout and makes it easier to get in another meal right after training versus consuming a one big shake at the end. Plus, the extra carbs give a nice pump
                            Awesome. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind after contest prep. I'd rather eat my calories whenever possible :future:

Comment

That's seems to be good. There is a little issue. But I think
                              I should discuss it with some friend and than I'll share it here.
                              Keep it up for now. regards

Comment

Working...
                              X