Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

imbalanced development due to unilateral weakness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imbalanced development due to unilateral weakness.

Ok I posted a thread about a problem I was having but I got lucky and a regular at work who is a doctor saw me and said its most likely nerve impingement. But I'm a tricep pusher, they take over on any press. Since iv'e been having my problem with my right shoulder/arm being weaker and therefore physically smaller my right pec is noticably bigger just as my left arm/shoulder is bigger. I train in the manner that Phil Hernon taught me which is relatively low volume and high frequency.

I wanted to get your opinion on what I could do to balance my chest and bring up just the left side. I was thinking a 1 arm fly for 20 reps to failure 1 time a week. ( I hit chest 2 times a week right now.) but seeing as how this is something i havent had to address I'm open to ideas.

I understand that this might be just one of those OCD things thats only noticeable to me but its still bugging me. Thanks for the advice.
    "Your not gonna find a bang maid cause theres no such thing."
    "I already did...your mom....good bye.".

I am going to edit your thread title to correct your spelling so I don't have a seizure.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Ive been at work 14 hours at this point. That has nothing to do with my poor spelling, I just thought you would want to know Sammich.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyKav View Post
        Ive been at work 14 hours at this point. That has nothing to do with my poor spelling, I just thought you would want to know Sammich.
        Cry me a river, I've been grading since 10AM. :tongue1:
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

OK I may not know as much about a human body as some of the members here, but I'm positive the human body does not hold a river's worth of water. And, is there an average volume of flowing water you need to call it a river?

Sadly I wont be able to play after this post Sammich, wedding party is coming in.

Comment

Do you have pain in your right shoulder, or is this simply about aesthetics and/or strength?

Comment

Originally posted by Knickerbocker24 View Post
              Do you have pain in your right shoulder, or is this simply about aesthetics and/or strength?
              I am starting to geta bit sore in the right shoulder but I cant tell if its from the injury or the deep tissue massage I got. Its really just aesthetics at this point. Its still lagging behind, but strength is slowly building.

Comment

Wasn't Dante's pec dec fly routine supposed to be good for tricep/shoulder pressers? May want to do a search and look into that one.
                Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Comment

New development.

so My fiancee is a nurse, and found a hotdog shaped lump in my back. Its directly to the left of the mid-right shoulder blade.

When she presses on it, i can flex the rear delt and the rearmost part of the medial delt. Without her pressing I cant flex it with any force. If she presses I dont get pain persay but there is some kind of odd feeling. The lump is movable and firm.

I talked to a Doctor who is a DO/sports Medicine Doc out of the rothman institute. A single visit is $500 and I just cant afford that.

Comment

Originally posted by chris.tan View Post
                    Wasn't Dante's pec dec fly routine supposed to be good for tricep/shoulder pressers? May want to do a search and look into that one.
                    I think it's pretty clear that this is beyond a "bodybuilding" issue at this point.
                    "You can't be the fastest or the strongest but you can always work the hardest." - Jim Wendler

"Failing is nothing more than inexperience" - Jim Wendler

"You won't have to rotate squats and deadlifts, but do them both and thus get more fucking awesome every week" - cooltom

Comment

I was going to offer some advice until you said that.

Comment

Working...
                      X