Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Article - Now available. "Anatomy of a Supplement Parts 1 and 2"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Full Article - Now available. "Anatomy of a Supplement Parts 1 and 2"

    Ladies n' Gents,

    Both parts of my latest article at musclemag are now up. I think you'll like these:

    Part 1 - Anatomy of a Supplement: http://musclemag.com/Nutrition-and-S...-Part-One.aspx

    Part 2 - Anatomy of a Supplement: http://musclemag.com/Nutrition-and-S...nt-Part-2.aspx

    -Scott
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"


    www.TrueNutrition.com

    2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

  • #2
    Just read part 2, great info as usual, thanks for posting the link.

    Comment


    • #3
      Great read!

      Comment


      • #4
        As always Scott, excellent article! For me, one of the key take-aways is that not only do we have to consider the source of the information supporting the efficacy of the supplements, but we have to determine the relevancy of the data. And at times, experience may trump the scientific research, or lack thereof, for a given supplement, training philosophy or nutrition protocol because of how it applies in the real world.

        Way to keep all of us "meatheads" thinking! Now who wants to set up the first blind study?
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

        Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

        2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
          Just read part 2, great info as usual, thanks for posting the link.
          Originally posted by Johnnielow View Post
          Great read!
          Glad you guys liked it!

          Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
          As always Scott, excellent article! For me, one of the key take-aways is that not only do we have to consider the source of the information supporting the efficacy of the supplements, but we have to determine the relevancy of the data. And at times, experience may trump the scientific research, or lack thereof, for a given supplement, training philosophy or nutrition protocol because of how it applies in the real world.

          Way to keep all of us "meatheads" thinking! Now who wants to set up the first blind study?
          Let's you and I get someone to pick a supplement for you to test out. Neither of us will know what it is. I can have a buddy here receive and re-package it and I'll ship it out to ya...

          We'll keep diet and training the same for a month (or longer depending on what it is) and do a cross-over so you get both a placebo and the real deal..

          -S
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

          Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"


          www.TrueNutrition.com

          2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

          Comment


          • #6
            Great article. I thought I understood the supplement industry until I made friends with a couple of people that worked in it. Not that it was the focus of the article, but wow, there is some low quality dog food passing itself off as supplementation. I've heard some horror stories. Let's just say it involved rats and protein powder. Point being listen to Scott when he says look at the longevity of a company as one of the factors in choosing a supplement.
            1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
            2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
            2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
            2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
            2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
            2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

            Truenutrition.com
            Use Discount Code AMJ

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
              Let's you and I get someone to pick a supplement for you to test out. Neither of us will know what it is. I can have a buddy here receive and re-package it and I'll ship it out to ya...

              We'll keep diet and training the same for a month (or longer depending on what it is) and do a cross-over so you get both a placebo and the real deal..
              LOL! Sure thing, but if I happen to sprout a new appendage, you're paying for the surgery (wait, don't tell me you're a surgeon too! haha)

              Then again, that might be kind of fun... I'm in lol :madgrin:
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

              Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

              2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

              Comment


              • #8
                I think this should in fact be read by the scientist in a white lab coat too. Much dogmatism clouding true concentrated skeptical effort exists...

                funmetal
                Last edited by funmetal; 12-03-2011, 05:53 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Great stuff, Scott. Thanks for writing it and sharing it.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X