Has any one heard about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has any one heard about this?

Ben Pakulski has a new workout system out. I really don't put a lot of faith in every new thing that is out, but I'm curious. I use a technique called "Intentions" which Ben says is the foundation of this new system he calls M140. Has anyone heard of this?
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ

bump

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I've heard about this program (Mass Intentions 40, MI40) and was curious about the hype around it. The program is based on the same "intentions" method I was thinking of when I read about it, where you utilize on various angles, exert tension on the muscle being worked and concentrating on contracting the muscle while lifting, is that similar to what you do?

He also uses what he calls Neurological Overload Sets (NOS) which are basically TUT sets when you use drop sets to go beyond failure. He states that on the fourth and final set of a given exercise, usually for each exercise in a workout, you perform four consecutive drop sets in 20% increments and shoot for at least 5-6 reps with each weight.

It seems like a valid philosophy, but some of the claims are a little off the deep end, like double your muscle in 40 days, and the fact the everything is based around the number "40" seems a little too gimmicky. For example:
      The length of the program (40 days)
      The length of each set (40 seconds)
      The rest between sets (40 seconds)
      And the number of exercises (40)

That is what I know about it...whether it is a solid program, well, we'll just have to wait and see...
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Seems gimmicky.

Doesn't seem like anything groundbreaking. Wouldn't hurt to try I suppose.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
        -1st SuperHeavy Gi
        2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
        -1st Heavyweight Gi
        2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
        2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post

It seems like a valid philosophy, but some of the claims are a little off the deep end, like double your muscle in 40 days, and the fact the everything is based around the number "40" seems a little too gimmicky. For example:
          Is it 40iu a day too?
          PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
            Is it 40iu a day too?
            LOL...good one.

I use "Intentions" when I push the barbell together on Incline Smith during the negative, and also on Lat pulldowns when I use the MAG Bars. On those you can push your hands together (it actually does so automatically) and engage your lats better. I wasn't familiar with much else about it and didn't think it was a part of anyone's system per se.

Truenutrition.com
            Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
              Is it 40iu a day too?
              Nah, I heard it was 40.40 iu's every 40hrs...followed by one 40 of Old English, every 40 minutes.

Guaranteed to result in 40x the hyperplasmic muscle growth you have ever seen!!!

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
              -1st SuperHeavy Gi
              2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
              -1st Heavyweight Gi
              2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
              2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

I've heard about this program (Mass Intentions 40, MI40) and was curious about the hype around it. The program is based on the same "intentions" method I was thinking of when I read about it, where you utilize on various angles, exert tension on the muscle being worked and concentrating on contracting the muscle while lifting, is that similar to what you do?

He also uses what he calls Neurological Overload Sets (NOS) which are basically TUT sets when you use drop sets to go beyond failure. He states that on the fourth and final set of a given exercise, usually for each exercise in a workout, you perform four consecutive drop sets in 20% increments and shoot for at least 5-6 reps with each weight.

That is what I know about it...whether it is a solid program, well, we'll just have to wait and see...
                Good info, that is what I read as well. The part about the number 40 is a good point. That should be a bit of a warning flag, but heck who knows. I hate to say something is worthless without knowing the whole story. My interest stemmed from the fact that I already use some of these techniques and was curious if there were other ways to utilize them on other bodyparts, but I'm probably not going to shell out 47.99 for it.

Truenutrition.com
                Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I went to this guy's seminar in October. If you've been around the block, you won't learn anything from this guy.
                  "You can't be the fastest or the strongest but you can always work the hardest." - Jim Wendler

"Failing is nothing more than inexperience" - Jim Wendler

"You won't have to rotate squats and deadlifts, but do them both and thus get more fucking awesome every week" - cooltom

Comment

I hear 40 alarm bells ringing...

Comment

Originally posted by titanium_spine View Post
                      I hear 40 alarm bells ringing...
                      Lol.

On a serious note I would recommend doing intentions on Incline bb press if your chest is a weak point. It has really helped my development in the short time that I've been using them. I've never tried this with a regular lat bar, but it does work well with the MAG bars as well.

Truenutrition.com
                      Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                        Lol.

On a serious note I would recommend doing intentions on Incline bb press if your chest is a weak point. It has really helped my development in the short time that I've been using them. I've never tried this with a regular lat bar, but it does work well with the MAG bars as well.
                        One question, but will it work 440% better than my current program? lol :loco:

The thing that really throws me off is the price. Everything is about this "40" number, well why not just charge $40.40 for it too! haha That would be the icing on the cake.
                        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Yeah the marketing for it is pretty silly. I am not big on training systems that promise the moon like this. I do love to find unique ways to do exercises. Some of my favorites come from John Parillo, Vince Gironda, Larry Scott, John Meadows, and of course Dante just to name a few. I also like systems that manage intensity and nervous system fatigue. And I like systems that put all of this together in a cohesive progressive template, but when you start saying stuff like gain 40 lbs of muscle in 40 days (I know they didn't say that per se) you hurt the credibility of everything that follows.

But to answer your question, his system won't work that much better, but mine will. All you have to do is send me $89.99 and you too can learn the secrets. Remember my normal fees are $2000 an hour so this is a real deal. Oh and I will also include a bottle of pills that actually have sugar and creatine in them, but I'll tell you they will make you hUUUUUUGe...lol.

Truenutrition.com
                          Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I've heard about Ben Pakulski's book through other spam letters that I recieved, so I was interested what it's all about and I signed up for his newsletter.

He was about to start the sale of his e-book MI40, so he was giving away 10 books for FREE !

And the only thing you had to do was to write him a letter why you think that the MI40 program would be perfect for you, and you're in the game !

So...

You're suppose to write about a program that you know nothing the hell about, and why it's so perfect...

...and the best answer is the winner, and he will use it as a part of his marketing campaign... which he is too lazy to conceptualize personally.

Comment

Free Download DVD On His Site

If you go to Ben's site right now, he is offering a free DVD download. Its pretty cool.

www.BenPakulski.com
                              "The Dude Abides" Please Use Discount Code: JNC825

Comment

Working...
                              X