Please. I need some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please. I need some help.

I'm experiencing unilateral weakness on my right side. It's isolated to right arm, shoulder, and upper back. It is even noticable on decline bench and wide grip pull ups. there is a lack of grip strentgh as well. If I suppinate my wrist, like drinking water from your hand, its hard to get my hand up to my mouth. It is almost like I've never used the muscles before. It happened before to my left side but I recovered pretty quickly with no lingering effects, however, this time, on my right side, it first happened in the beginning of october, then due to work I havent been able to train. Now it's like I never used the muscle. My health insurance has been dropped at work so I want to see if it can be dealt with without a doctor before I put out that kind of money. Any advice is appreciated.
    "Your not gonna find a bang maid cause theres no such thing."
    "I already did...your mom....good bye.".

I'm not sure how the US health system works but I would suggest finding a good chiropractor and probably one who is accredited in active release techniques.

The mention of grip strength and problems supinating suggest the median nerve maybe implicated.

If it were me I would pay what it takes to see the best chiro possible than be bounced around in a cost saving insurance system.

Comment

Unfortunately, I doubt anyone here can give you any advice as there is no way for them to see or examine you, and if the symptoms are that pronounced, my guess is this could be something pretty serious (as in you don't want to let it get worse).

Pony up and get it checked out. A good chiro should be able to tell you if they can help you out or if it is more serious, for relatively cheap.
      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

thanks man, I guess I was hoping it was something someone was familiar with from experience. My company just dropped our insurance so im pretty much up shit's creek. Anyway, CVS has that doc in a box right at the pharmacy that isnt too expensive. I blew my load financially with the downpayment for the house and really dont want to go below a certain amount in savings.
        "Your not gonna find a bang maid cause theres no such thing."
        "I already did...your mom....good bye.".

Comment

Send a message to PTAaron. He's good with this sorta thing.
          TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

Originally posted by TommyKav View Post
            thanks man, I guess I was hoping it was something someone was familiar with from experience. My company just dropped our insurance so im pretty much up shit's creek. Anyway, CVS has that doc in a box right at the pharmacy that isnt too expensive. I blew my load financially with the downpayment for the house and really dont want to go below a certain amount in savings.
            An acquaintance from my gym I talk to quite a bit recently had an issue that sounds kind of similar. Every time he supinated his wrist he had pain, he had trouble with grip strength, and pain shooting up his arm into his shoulder, especially when he performed a curling motion or elevating his arm. He saw a Doctor who told him he had inflammation which was creating pressure on the nerve, so basically a pinched nerve. However, your injury seems a little more serious. Have you tried to completely rest it for any period of time? That was what the guy I know did and he was fine after about two weeks of not doing anything strenuous with that arm.
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
            X