Best head phones for training????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best head phones for training????

I have been using the generic ipod earbud headphones and they SUCK! THe sound quality is poor, they never stay snug in your ear so I always have to adjust, the fall out, and they crack when the volume is turned up.

What are the best head phones for training?

I kind of thought about getting some Bose noise cancelling headphones or Beats by Dr. Dre, but I do not know if the "over the ear" fit will be distracting or gettin nasty after training / sweating int hem a lot. Anyone have experience with this type of head phone?

If your experience is poor with these, any good suggestions for a type that goes in your ear but STAYS there??

Use the discount code "SPD365" for 5% off your orders at www.trueprotein.com; Order 16lbs or more, and you get 10% off!!!

I own a pair of Bose QC 3 headphones, which is their best noise-canceling model, and while they're fucking awesome, I would not wear them during workouts. they move around as you start sweating and like you said, they get kind of nasty. I tried working out with them once and it wasn't a good idea. I dunno how the Dre Beats are, but they appear to fit around your entire ear so you probably won't have an issue with them sliding around.

I have some Sony earbuds that I picked up for 20-30 bucks that work pretty well. The quality isn't as good as the Bose 'phones but they get the job done.
    Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by HELLA SWOLE View Post
      I have been using the generic ipod earbud headphones and they SUCK! THe sound quality is poor, they never stay snug in your ear so I always have to adjust, the fall out, and they crack when the volume is turned up.

What are the best head phones for training?

I kind of thought about getting some Bose noise cancelling headphones or Beats by Dr. Dre, but I do not know if the "over the ear" fit will be distracting or gettin nasty after training / sweating int hem a lot. Anyone have experience with this type of head phone?

If your experience is poor with these, any good suggestions for a type that goes in your ear but STAYS there??
      Used to have some "Shure" In-ear Noise Cancelling headphones... Went into the ear and sort of made an earplug out of the headphone. They were awesome. Around $80 when I got them, I think. Eventually the wire wore out and needs to be soldered.

Took a little getting used to, but they were awesome because you didn't hear anything - also a little scary when doing cardio outside because you have no idea if a car is coming or anything.

Now I use Motorola Bluetooth headphones that I connect to my phone. $30 on amazon I think. They are the kind that wrap behind your head and go over your ears. Work well enough for me.
      Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
      FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
      www.316fit.com
      Email: [email protected]

Comment

Both those brands are overpriced, for what they are.

I really like Etymotic Er6i, but they are discontinued for a new model. The mc5 or hf5 look like the replacements. I killed about 10 pairs(a lot of sonys..lol) of various headphones and got sick of replacing them all the time, so I ended up just buying a GOOD pair, and I have had them for 3+ years. They have changeable filters so sweat/crap doesn't get in there and short out the speakers.
        http://www.etymotic.com

The Klipsch Image S4 are really nice as well for the price. I personally like the flanged style buds on the Ety's better.
        http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-IMAGE-...2512944&sr=1-1

Shure makes some nice ones as well.

Comment

The best thing that I have found for quality -vs- price are the Skull Candy. And I believe that Radio Shack has them on sale right now for 50% off.
          Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

I prefer the around the head style or something that clips on my ears since all types of buds just seems to fall out.

My favorites are Sennheiser headphones: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PMX...2514680&sr=8-1

Not too pricey and they hold up to sweat like no other headphones I've used. And the sound is not too shabby either.
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I prefer earbuds since they block out external noise and don't get in the way of lifting. I use these because of the on-cord audio adjustment and the extremely good frequency response (i.e. sound quality):
              http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDREX58V-...2515706&sr=8-1
              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
              kind of a douche

Comment

I have the Bose IE2 headphones...love them. Sound is great and cant hear anything else outside of the music. The come with three different sizes to fit in the ear...havent had an issue with these at all.

-slide
                "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Just got a pair of Bose IE2's, had a pair of cheap Sony's and they sucked. So far the Bose are great.

Comment

Sony in ear. Lower priced and good quality.... When in doubt, can't o wrong with sony IMO.
                    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Skullcandy. by far. cheap (19.99) and they have a lifetime warranty on all their products... you only need one pair for life... the ones they replace can be claimed by warranty as well.... i have the skullcandy titanz... will claim new ones when they stop working
                      my little journal

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44981

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                        Used to have some "Shure" In-ear Noise Cancelling headphones... Went into the ear and sort of made an earplug out of the headphone. They were awesome. Around $80 when I got them, I think. Eventually the wire wore out and needs to be soldered.

Took a little getting used to, but they were awesome because you didn't hear anything - also a little scary when doing cardio outside because you have no idea if a car is coming or anything.

Now I use Motorola Bluetooth headphones that I connect to my phone. $30 on amazon I think. They are the kind that wrap behind your head and go over your ears. Work well enough for me.
                        I had those and liked them for the cordless feature, but they crapped out on me. Also, the sound quality wasn't the best IMO - glad they haven't gone kaput on you too!

Use the discount code "SPD365" for 5% off your orders at www.trueprotein.com; Order 16lbs or more, and you get 10% off!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                          I prefer the around the head style or something that clips on my ears since all types of buds just seems to fall out.

My favorites are Sennheiser headphones: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PMX...2514680&sr=8-1

Not too pricey and they hold up to sweat like no other headphones I've used. And the sound is not too shabby either.
                          I kind of like the look of those (I watched the video). The sound is really pretty good? Do they have good bass without "cracking" etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                            I prefer earbuds since they block out external noise and don't get in the way of lifting. I use these because of the on-cord audio adjustment and the extremely good frequency response (i.e. sound quality):
                            http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDREX58V-...2515706&sr=8-1
                            DOn't those kind of fall out of your ear though or need to be adjusted a lot to get them positioned right? That is what my problem is with the Ipod ear buds I use....

Comment

Originally posted by slide View Post
                              I have the Bose IE2 headphones...love them. Sound is great and cant hear anything else outside of the music. The come with three different sizes to fit in the ear...havent had an issue with these at all.

-slide
                              So do these stay positioned really well in the ear so they don't fall out or have to be re-adjusted frequently????

These look sweet...I am guessing the sound quality is pristine being that they are bose?

Comment

Working...
                              X