Big News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big News

Well, for me anyway. I know I haven't been very active in the last while, but I do still try to check in regularly. Just wanted to let the community here know that my wife had her first ultrasound yesterday. She is 12 weeks pregnant and we are excited to say the least!

Any sage words are appreciated.

*Looking to the sky* "Please be like your mother....Please be like your mother..."
    "no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit. Just training for being a motherfucker" -- Jim Wendler

"No fucking lifter is hardcore. Hardcore is taking shrapnel in the ass fighting for your country. We're lifting weights." -- Dave Tate

Check out my Journal

Congratulations.

Comment

Awesome, congrats to both of you!
      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Congrats. Is this your first? They will change your life forever and make you a better man. I know mine did, or at least I try to be.
        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

There is nothing anyone can tell you that will prepare you for your first child. Just love him/her to no end and everything will come naturally. Not one is the same and that's the best part
          For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Congrats man... Kids are great! Just prepare to never sleep again. lol If you can accept that you'll be fine. My wife is pregnant again as well. We had twin girls 16 months ago, so we'll have 3 under the age of two.
            It takes work to get things done, but in reality not getting things done is a lot more painful. -Knickerbocker24

Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? Fuck you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit. -Jim Wendler

My 5/3/1 Journal

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats and I'll second that they are none the same.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!

My advice: Don't ever take their invitation to go to Oprah, Dr Phil, Maury, etc.. It's a set up.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Words from the old:
                    Savor every minute. they grow up so quickly.....
                    I miss having small hands holding onto mine , and the looks of complete admiration, now that they know better...
                    "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
                    J.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
                      Congratulations.
                      Thanks!

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                      Awesome, congrats to both of you!
                      Thanks Macho, your wife must be pretty far along by now?

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                      Congrats. Is this your first? They will change your life forever and make you a better man. I know mine did, or at least I try to be.
                      Thanks, it is indeed our first. I am starting to understand what people mean when they talk about how it changes your perspective. Just knowing that I'm going to be a father makes me look at most things I do a little more critically.

Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
                      There is nothing anyone can tell you that will prepare you for your first child. Just love him/her to no end and everything will come naturally. Not one is the same and that's the best part
                      Thats the plan DCB, my wife an I have discussed parenting philosophies to no end, and the biggest thing we agreed upon is that everything has to be dependent on the child. Thanks.

Originally posted by Jeff Grant View Post
                      Congrats man... Kids are great! Just prepare to never sleep again. lol If you can accept that you'll be fine. My wife is pregnant again as well. We had twin girls 16 months ago, so we'll have 3 under the age of two.
                      Congrats!!
                      Haha yes, we have plenty of friends with young children and are not expecting to sleep much lol. We thought we might have twins too, identicals run in both our families, but the ultrasound only showed one in there. 3 under the age of 2 sounds like chaos, but I'm sure it's worth every minute.

Originally posted by BuiltToHurtMD View Post
                      Congrats!!
                      Thank you!

Originally posted by will784 View Post
                      Congrats and I'll second that they are none the same.
                      Thanks Will!

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                      CONGRATULATIONS!

My advice: Don't ever take their invitation to go to Oprah, Dr Phil, Maury, etc.. It's a set up.

Skip
                      Thanks Skip!

You sound like you're speaking from experience lol
                      You never know....it could be for something good.....right?......

Originally posted by bouncer dave View Post
                      Words from the old:
                      Savor every minute. they grow up so quickly.....
                      I miss having small hands holding onto mine , and the looks of complete admiration, now that they know better...
                      Thanks Dave, tbh, this is one of the things that I look forward to most. I think the innocence and curiosity that young children have can often teach us more than we could ever hope to teach them.
                      "no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit. Just training for being a motherfucker" -- Jim Wendler

"No fucking lifter is hardcore. Hardcore is taking shrapnel in the ass fighting for your country. We're lifting weights." -- Dave Tate

Check out my Journal

Comment

Yeah, due in Jan. Our (my wife and I's, and yours) lives will never be the same again, and I couldn't be more exited about it!

It really is funny when you start to notice some of the little changes that take place along the way. Example: A year ago- I would give my wife the look of "are you fucking kidding me? I'm a man!" when she would ask me if I thought something was cute.
                        Last week at the baby shower- I opened a gift that was a little hand knit, pink tutu and said "That is gonna be cute as hell on her!"

Haha
                        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

BB85 and Macho Man, congratulations to both of you! I'm sure you are going to both be great fathers
                          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                            Yeah, due in Jan. Our (my wife and I's, and yours) lives will never be the same again, and I couldn't be more exited about it!

It really is funny when you start to notice some of the little changes that take place along the way. Example: A year ago- I would give my wife the look of "are you fucking kidding me? I'm a man!" when she would ask me if I thought something was cute.
                            Last week at the baby shower- I opened a gift that was a little hand knit, pink tutu and said "That is gonna be cute as hell on her!"

Haha
                            It's true, in the short time she's been pregnant this has happened about 4 times lol

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                            BB85 and Macho Man, congratulations to both of you! I'm sure you are going to both be great fathers
                            Thank you for the kind words.

Check out my Journal

Comment

Congrats. I have a 3 years old and like the guys said above, your life will never be the same. It will change for the better and it will become about so much more than just yourself.

Being a good Dad in my opinion is about putting others needs ahead of your own.

As far as gym time, get it done early in the morning because you will be so busy it becomes easy to skip workouts over and over and over. I workout at 4:30am now and make no excuses. Workout is done and out of the way real early.
                              If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                              http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                              2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                              2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Working...
                              X