Thanks Scott!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Scott!

Saw him at the gym. My tendinitis has been the worst its ever been. I am failing with 315 when I bench from pain. Used Scott's heat tips...paused 475 last night.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Scott definitely knows his stuff. The man's an encyclopedia.
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
      Hell Yes! I pulled two muscles in my back last Friday, well I used some traditional Chinese medicine recommendations that Scott provided and presto, right back at it. I didn't even miss a training day!

The stuff I used is called Dit Da Jow and it works like a charm.

Thanks Scott!
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Is it similar to sinew linament?

Sent from my DROIDX
        [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
        Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Can you share these tips or is that confidential? Only asking cause I've been suffering from very bad joint pain/tendonitis for over a month.....
          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by mister69 View Post

Sent from my DROIDX
            I haven't used the sinew linament so it would not be a fair comparison. It is used by martial artists to treat strains and tissue injuries soon after they occur. I just needed to get my hands on something ASAP and a local store carried it.
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Thanks from me too. I am having some elbow issues, and Scott recommended some Chinese oil for it, and after using it a few days I can actually train pain free, and it is feeling all around better.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn "Future" Bellon View Post
                Saw him at the gym. My tendinitis has been the worst its ever been. I am failing with 315 when I bench from pain. Used Scott's heat tips...paused 475 last night.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
                Shawn, no problemo!

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                Thanks, Dave!

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                Hell Yes! I pulled two muscles in my back last Friday, well I used some traditional Chinese medicine recommendations that Scott provided and presto, right back at it. I didn't even miss a training day!

The stuff I used is called Dit Da Jow and it works like a charm.

Thanks Scott!
                No problem, my man.

Sent from my DROIDX
                I suggested that Kris pick up whatever Dit Da Jow he could ASAP (time is of the essence). There are many recipes for Dit Da Jow. The Acute Sinew liniment is basically a bare bones basic Dit Da Jow (also called Die Da Jiu) and should work really well, just as advertised.

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                Can you share these tips or is that confidential? Only asking cause I've been suffering from very bad joint pain/tendonitis for over a month.....
                Not confidential at all. In Shawn's case he just flat out asked me what I thought when I ran into him in the gym. (He wasn't a paying client or anything.) He'd been religiously applying ice (with deep pressure) to the inflamed areas (brachioradialis, brachialis and biceps) for a few weeks and it wasn't getting better.

First thought was that in Chinese medicine, ice is a big no-no. Cold does the opposite of the main action of Dit Da Jow - it slows down blood flow. Sure, if you've just gotten hit by a car and need to prevent massive inflammation, then applying the (P)RICE principle to the injury makes sense. (I've done that a few times when an injury was blowing up like a balloon.) In Chinese medicine, ice can make things worse, though. In fact, ice is a *causative* factor for arthritis, tendonitis, etc. (I can't count the number of retirees and other folks who moved to Arizona b/c the warm weather helps their joints.) There is "herbal" ice in Chinese medicine, though, for injuries that feel especially hot.

Also, I've had several clients in similar situations to Shawn's where ice wasn't doing the trick and heat helped. (This fits right with Chinese medicine.)

Aside from all that, if you keep doing what you been doing, then you'll likely keep gettin' whatcha been getting. If ice ain't workin' then I'd try something else...

Also, from an even more bare bones, intuitive level, ice doesn't usually feel good (at least to me and many people I talk to). If it doesn't feel good, then I'd suspect it might not be helping. I've also known people who iced their knees after workouts to keep knee arthralgia at bay and the ice felt good. If it feels good, do it.

So, I just suggested that Shawn give the ice a break and try some heat. He has plenty of time before his meet to reverse any harm that might have been done and as it turned out, it seems to have worked (so far).

-S
                The Book Has Arrived!
                The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Great info thanks homon!

You a fan of kwan long oil?
                  [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                  Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Great info thanks homon!

You a fan of kwan long oil?
                    You're welcome!

LOL - Yes, I am. (How soon we all forget...)

-S
                    The Book Has Arrived!
                    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Since we're on the topic Scott. I just got back from training back, and doing rowing movements(DB row and cable row) I got a sharp pain in my right shoulder(front delt-ish) at the bottom (start of pulling up). You have any chinese tricks for me? :tongue1:

I've been having shoulder pain during presses for months, and now that's finally getting better this pops up.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                        Since we're on the topic Scott. I just got back from training back, and doing rowing movements(DB row and cable row) I got a sharp pain in my right shoulder(front delt-ish) at the bottom (start of pulling up). You have any chinese tricks for me? :tongue1:

I've been having shoulder pain during presses for months, and now that's finally getting better this pops up.
                        I can't really do much with what you're telling me, except to stop doing exercises that hurt your shoulder and find out what's wrong with it by seeing someone locally who can help ya out. Perhaps there's Chinese person in your area who can take a look and come up with some tricks?...

-S
                        The Book Has Arrived!
                        The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                          I can't really do much with what you're telling me, except to stop doing exercises that hurt your shoulder and find out what's wrong with it by seeing someone locally who can help ya out. Perhaps there's Chinese person in your area who can take a look and come up with some tricks?...

-S
                          Yeah I figured. I just read this thread right before the gym and thought I'd ask. Wasn't making fun of Chinese medicine if it came out like that either.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                            Yeah I figured. I just read this thread right before the gym and thought I'd ask. Wasn't making fun of Chinese medicine if it came out like that either.
                            LOL - No, no worries there.

I could dig in with you here and potentially get down to a helpful strategy, but in the big picture, I think it's more important that you really get after this. A nagging injury that is getting worse (appearing during exercises where it didn't use to) isn't one I'd try to nonchalantly address over the net. I think it's more urgent than that.

-S
                            The Book Has Arrived!
                            The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Where do you learn all this?

looking through Homon's posts... Jeez...

Comment

Working...
                              X