Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking a good Chiropractor? How to do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking a good Chiropractor? How to do it?

I was hoping to get some advice or start some discussion on how one might go about finding a good Chiropractor. I had an awesome Chiropractor back home before I moved to Texas. Now I need to find a new one, just for the occasional adjustment and ART work. Basically I would like to know what questions to ask when looking for a new chiropractor. Styles of practice,things to look for and look out for, scams,signs of a good chiropractor etc. Anything that would helping in making an educated decision about who I am going to let manipulate my spine.

Find out where your old chiro went to school and ask him for referrals would be your best bet.
    2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
    2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
    2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
    2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
    2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
    2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
    *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
    88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
    88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Hartley View Post
      Find out where your old chiro went to school and ask him for referrals would be your best bet.
      I asked him for recommendations before moving, he had none for my area.

Comment

if you're near Austin, let me know. I used to go to a woman... can't remember her last name, but I can find out. Her first name was Karen, practices out of her home. I had HORRID posture from sitting all day (this was in my middle-high school years) and she would fix me up pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoroaster View Post
          if you're near Austin, let me know. I used to go to a woman... can't remember her last name, but I can find out. Her first name was Karen, practices out of her home. I had HORRID posture from sitting all day (this was in my middle-high school years) and she would fix me up pretty well.
          Thanks man, I am in the Ark-La-Tex area so Austin is a little to far for me.

Comment

bah, no problem. I miss Texas, I'll be glad to visit for Turkey Day...

Comment

I am pretty sure you can call the school he went to and they will send you a list of graduates in your area.
              2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
              2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
              2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
              2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
              2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
              2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
              *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
              88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
              88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Since you like ART. Just go the the Active Release Technique web site and find a chiropractor near you. That should work great!

Comment

Originally posted by DShores View Post
                  Since you like ART. Just go the the Active Release Technique web site and find a chiropractor near you. That should work great!
                  I had one off the ART website, hated my experience with him. Second person was the shit.

I will say that narrowing by ART providers greatly reduces the number to choose from, you will still have to shop around a bit off that list though.

Sent from the shitter
                  2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by DShores View Post
                    Thanks for the link, but is a little over an hour drive one way to the closest one in my area.

Comment

Well If you want something very specific like ART you will most likely need to drive.

Ask the trainers and gym owner who is good. Get some referrals and check them out. You may have to go to a few to find someone you like.

Comment

Working...
                      X