our best bencher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our best bencher

This is the best bencher from my country, Serbia. Among the total of 7 million citizens here, there are only about 150-200 registered powerlifters.

This november (from 11-16th) he will be competing at the GPC World Powerlifting Championships. We are all hoping that he will be the best there...

His best result so far in a competition was a 748 lbs bench (single ply), athough he has done a 792 lbs bench in training...

His name is Rade Savic, 27 year old, weighs 308 lbs...

Here's a video of him benching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh7QwsE2daI

And you can see his pic here:

http://www.24sata.rs/vesti/aktuelno/...et/17391.phtml

nice!
    is he going to Latvia to the meet ? my Israeli mates are on their way.
    I noticed safety rails on the bench.
    "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
    J.M.

Comment

Originally posted by bouncer dave View Post
      nice!
      I thought I was the only Israeli on here, good to know we represent a little bit. I lived there for a short while and have been there ~20 times and not only have I not seen any powerlifters around, I've barely seen anyone there that looks like they lift weights. Where are they hiding out at?
      Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
        I thought I was the only Israeli on here, good to know we represent a little bit. I lived there for a short while and have been there ~20 times and not only have I not seen any powerlifters around, I've barely seen anyone there that looks like they lift weights. Where are they hiding out at?
        Well, judging by this thread there are at least 3 of us.
        This is an Irony Point- ؟
        An Irony Point is a punctuation mark denoting that a sentence should be understood as ironic or sarcastic.

"When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large"- Gaston.

Comment

nice!
          I really don't know, I don't know him in person, I've just read the article about him recently...

I've been competing in PL up to the year 2000, and have been a WPA judge for a while, but since then I have no idea what's going on, obviously there are some promising youngsters on the scene, which is great...

In my time we had a 533 lbs raw bencher, which was unheard of in my country...

Comment

Bro.
            come on. I am just visiting there once a year or so now , but pl is alive and well.
            there are some massive guys . and they do ok internationally. .

where have you been , Tel Aviv? where did you train?
            J.M.

Comment

Originally posted by PatientOne View Post
              Well, judging by this thread there are at least 3 of us.
              good to know..
              where are you from?
              J.M.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium_spine View Post
                I really don't know, I don't know him in person, I've just read the article about him recently...

I've been competing in PL up to the year 2000, and have been a WPA judge for a while, but since then I have no idea what's going on, obviously there are some promising youngsters on the scene, which is great...

In my time we had a 533 lbs raw bencher, which was unheard of in my country...
                they are competing in Latvia right now .
                I know more about whats in European PL than right here down under , as my brother is one..
                J.M.

Comment

good to know..
                  where are you from?
                  Sydney. Spent about 15 years in Rishon.
                  This is an Irony Point- ؟
                  An Irony Point is a punctuation mark denoting that a sentence should be understood as ironic or sarcastic.

"When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large"- Gaston.

Comment

another Aussie with Israeli background , not bad.
                    Did you train in Go active there ?
                    J.M.

Comment

Bro.
                      come on. I am just visiting there once a year or so now , but pl is alive and well.
                      there are some massive guys . and they do ok internationally. .

where have you been , Tel Aviv? where did you train?
                      I was there this past summer and trained in this rinky-dink gym in Malcha, a suburb of Jerusalem. It's in the Malcha Mall, where there used to be a movie theater. As far as as where I've been, pretty much everywhere. Any tips on where the good gyms are at? I'd like to hit one up the next time I head out there. I'm not a PL'er but I appreciate a good gym.
                      Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

I was there this past summer and trained in this rinky-dink gym in Malcha, a suburb of Jerusalem. It's in the Malcha Mall, where there used to be a movie theater. As far as as where I've been, pretty much everywhere. Any tips on where the good gyms are at? I'd like to hit one up the next time I head out there. I'm not a PL'er but I appreciate a good gym.

you got PM.
                        J.M.

Comment

Working...
                        X