Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deads 585 x 4 and 495 x 11

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deads 585 x 4 and 495 x 11

    I got 585 x 6 last week, but this time I forgot to put chalk on my hands and my straps started to slip. I'm thinking about ordering some versa grips. ALL of the bars at my current gym are more fat that standard bars.

    I hurt my quad last week on hacks, so I'm gonna miss out on ISOM this month Luckily it doesn't hurt to deadlift.

    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGN8xz5-WKI[/YOUTUBE]

  • #2
    Strong pulling! I use versa grips for my heavy pulls. They definitely make a huge difference

    Comment


    • #3
      damn that was some beastly pulling
      CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
      MorphogenNutrition.com



      2012 NPC Natural Ohio
      2010 NGA Pro Universe
      2010 NPC Monster Mash
      2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
      2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
      2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
      2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
      2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
      2008 NPC Ohio State
      2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

      Comment


      • #4
        Everyone at my gym looks at me like I'm nuts because I stretch my lower back like crazy after deads. Good to see I'm not the only one. Nice pulling!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Zoroaster View Post
          Everyone at my gym looks at me like I'm nuts because I stretch my lower back like crazy after deads. Good to see I'm not the only one. Nice pulling!
          Stretching? Ha. I was just tired.

          Comment


          • #6
            Insane sets man.

            Would you post a review of the Versa grips if you get them? I'm curious about them as well. I have the same problem as you with the bars being thicker at my gym than a standard olympic bar.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ch3v3ll3 View Post
              Insane sets man.

              Would you post a review of the Versa grips if you get them? I'm curious about them as well. I have the same problem as you with the bars being thicker at my gym than a standard olympic bar.
              I've used them; they're worth it. My previous training partner had them.

              I've just been too broke (read: would rather spend money on food and supps) and frugal to buy them. I'm actually going to pick them up tomorrow from a local place that carries them.

              Amazon is probably cheapest though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Awesome sets. Also, thank you for posting just the footage of the actual sets.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post
                  Awesome sets. Also, thank you for posting just the footage of the actual sets.
                  Lol, that's one of my biggest internet pet peeves. Especially now that YouTube has a video editor built in.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    good stuff
                    PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Great work indeed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I wouldn't put all my trust in the versa grips, I've seen them tear and a guy come too close for comfort to tearing his bicep. IMO your better off buying those powerhooks if you don't like the classic straps
                        2010 USPF Push/Pull 198 Winner
                        2010 USAPL AZ State 198 Open Raw Champion
                        2010 USPF State Championships- Open 2nd place 198
                        2011 USPF Region 7 198 Open Champion
                        2011 USPF AZ RAWPower 198 Open Winner
                        MPC Labs Sponsored Athlete

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Amazing lift, super impressive!!!
                          Save 5% at www.truenutrition.com with the Discount Code TEI736!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            heavy pull. i was looking at your hack squat video... man that platform is high seems not to stable

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by milkis4babies View Post
                              heavy pull. i was looking at your hack squat video... man that platform is high seems not to stable
                              You can't feel it moving while using it. I didn't even notice until I filmed myself.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X