Deads 585 x 4 and 495 x 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deads 585 x 4 and 495 x 11

I got 585 x 6 last week, but this time I forgot to put chalk on my hands and my straps started to slip. I'm thinking about ordering some versa grips. ALL of the bars at my current gym are more fat that standard bars.

I hurt my quad last week on hacks, so I'm gonna miss out on ISOM this month Luckily it doesn't hurt to deadlift.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGN8xz5-WKI[/YOUTUBE]

Strong pulling! I use versa grips for my heavy pulls. They definitely make a huge difference

Comment

damn that was some beastly pulling
      CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
      MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
      2010 NGA Pro Universe
      2010 NPC Monster Mash
      2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
      2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
      2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
      2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
      2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
      2008 NPC Ohio State
      2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

Everyone at my gym looks at me like I'm nuts because I stretch my lower back like crazy after deads. Good to see I'm not the only one. Nice pulling!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoroaster View Post
          Everyone at my gym looks at me like I'm nuts because I stretch my lower back like crazy after deads. Good to see I'm not the only one. Nice pulling!
          Stretching? Ha. I was just tired.

Comment

Insane sets man.

Would you post a review of the Versa grips if you get them? I'm curious about them as well. I have the same problem as you with the bars being thicker at my gym than a standard olympic bar.

Comment

Originally posted by ch3v3ll3 View Post
              Insane sets man.

Would you post a review of the Versa grips if you get them? I'm curious about them as well. I have the same problem as you with the bars being thicker at my gym than a standard olympic bar.
              I've used them; they're worth it. My previous training partner had them.

I've just been too broke (read: would rather spend money on food and supps) and frugal to buy them. I'm actually going to pick them up tomorrow from a local place that carries them.

Amazon is probably cheapest though.

Comment

Awesome sets. Also, thank you for posting just the footage of the actual sets.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post
                  Awesome sets. Also, thank you for posting just the footage of the actual sets.
                  Lol, that's one of my biggest internet pet peeves. Especially now that YouTube has a video editor built in.

Comment

good stuff
                    PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Great work indeed.

Comment

I wouldn't put all my trust in the versa grips, I've seen them tear and a guy come too close for comfort to tearing his bicep. IMO your better off buying those powerhooks if you don't like the classic straps
                        2010 USPF Push/Pull 198 Winner
                        2010 USAPL AZ State 198 Open Raw Champion
                        2010 USPF State Championships- Open 2nd place 198
                        2011 USPF Region 7 198 Open Champion
                        2011 USPF AZ RAWPower 198 Open Winner
                        MPC Labs Sponsored Athlete

Comment

Amazing lift, super impressive!!!
                          Save 5% at www.truenutrition.com with the Discount Code TEI736!

Comment

heavy pull. i was looking at your hack squat video... man that platform is high seems not to stable

Comment

Originally posted by milkis4babies View Post
                              heavy pull. i was looking at your hack squat video... man that platform is high seems not to stable
                              You can't feel it moving while using it. I didn't even notice until I filmed myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X