question bout daa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question bout daa

hey bros i have a quick question bout daa?

so after lotta reading pros/cons about daa and patrick arnold mentions and others i decided to use it alone for my pct despite peeps saying its neurotoxic (for this reason i plan on using it only for 30 days as a pct thing)

it says to take 4am/pm total of 8 pills for 30 days?

is that how i should take it or like others 12 days on 12 days off etc till finished? do i need to taper down or can i stop cold turkey?

also i am taking only 2 and 2 right now and slowly working my way up to 4 and 4 to make sure i assess my tolerance and erroring on the safe side, i tend to get anxiety so i am not trying to think about it and staying positive and hoping that this will be a positive experience for me. i have l-theanine for anxiety so should be ok.

i also have nolvadex on hand for gyno but don't think i will need to use it.

after this i will wait 2- 4 weeks and get blood work done.

thx appreciate it

I hadn't heard anything about neurotoxicity- have you got a link to something I could read?

Comment

Homon wrote a good article on DAA, touches on neurotoxicity issue if I recall correctly. Here is what he say's in part:

"...DAA’s actions are mediated partially via conversion to N-Methyl D-Aspartic Acid (NMDA, Figure 1), a well-known excitotoxin (a compound that can literally excite neurons to death) [4]. Hopefully, because the body controls this conversion process, DAA supplementation doesn’t carry a risk of nerve-cell death [19]. We still know little about female endocrine responses to DAA, or how it might affect the developing nervous system of a pre-pubescent or adolescent athlete, so let’s also hope that warning labels are heeded in this regard."

Here is the full article:

http://www.musclemag.com/Nutrition-a...rtic-Acid.aspx

There was also another thread here that talked about it, including how well it worked or didn't with people who used it here. I'm sure you can find that thread if you looked...

Good Luck

MT

Comment

I have used 3 bottles of it at separate times and the 3 times I had itchy nipples after about 3-4 weeks. DAA messes with more then just Test, also affects prolactin, gh, estrogen... I wouldn't recommend it.
        If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
        http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
        2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
        2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
          Homon wrote a good article on DAA, touches on neurotoxicity issue if I recall correctly. Here is what he say's in part:

"...DAA’s actions are mediated partially via conversion to N-Methyl D-Aspartic Acid (NMDA, Figure 1), a well-known excitotoxin (a compound that can literally excite neurons to death) [4]. Hopefully, because the body controls this conversion process, DAA supplementation doesn’t carry a risk of nerve-cell death [19]. We still know little about female endocrine responses to DAA, or how it might affect the developing nervous system of a pre-pubescent or adolescent athlete, so let’s also hope that warning labels are heeded in this regard."

Here is the full article:

http://www.musclemag.com/Nutrition-a...rtic-Acid.aspx

There was also another thread here that talked about it, including how well it worked or didn't with people who used it here. I'm sure you can find that thread if you looked...

Good Luck

MT
          Gotta say MT, you are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters on IM.

Informative, well formatted posts, do your research, courteous....great posts as of late man.

Andre, have you ever had bloodwork done? I felt like MG's booster was simply remarkable. I never felt any sides estrogenic, prolactin or otherwise. For me, it was noticeable in the libido department...crazy sex drive. I used the booster for 12 weeks straight at the given dose and felt no ill effects, only positive. Perhaps you are sensitive? Can you speak on that? Don't want to pry or anything.

I just know for me personally, I was getting my bloodwork done pretty regulular for a few years (once ever 4-5 months) and while on DAA my test was on the high normal range and all other values were in check..aside from IGF-1, which was off the charts, but it has always been for me.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
          -1st SuperHeavy Gi
          2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
          -1st Heavyweight Gi
          2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
          2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post

Informative, well formatted posts, do your research, courteous....great posts as of late man.
            Thank you very much Lock, really. Coming from a long time well-respected member such as yourself, means a great deal. I appreciate that.

MT

Comment

Andre, have you ever had bloodwork done? I felt like MG's booster was simply remarkable. I never felt any sides estrogenic, prolactin or otherwise. For me, it was noticeable in the libido department...crazy sex drive. I used the booster for 12 weeks straight at the given dose and felt no ill effects, only positive. Perhaps you are sensitive? Can you speak on that? Don't want to pry or anything.

I just know for me personally, I was getting my bloodwork done pretty regulular for a few years (once ever 4-5 months) and while on DAA my test was on the high normal range and all other values were in check..aside from IGF-1, which was off the charts, but it has always been for me.
              Thank you for posting this. lab results are always a plus and glad to hear your test levels were higher range on daa
              Visit truenutrition.com and use code JNS380 for 5 % off of the entire order, or 10 % off 16 lbs or more of the protein powder. message me for any questions

Comment

I got gyno symptoms as well from DAA. It has been shown to increase prolactin and progesterone 2.5-3 fold.

Comment

I used MG's Super test boost for the last 6 weeks of my previous blast and had great results with it. Big time libido boost and I noticed a slightly higher level of agression, not like I wanted to cause any harm, but what I would consider controllable positive agression, dare I say, swagger? lol My stength increased at a higher rate and my bodyfat levels dropped slightly when using it despite gaining weight. The only negative for me was that my skin tended be a little more oily and I got a few pimples from it, but other than that, everything was great.
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                    I used MG's Super test boost for the last 6 weeks of my previous blast and had great results with it. Big time libido boost and I noticed a slightly higher level of agression, not like I wanted to cause any harm, but what I would consider controllable positive agression, dare I say, swagger? lol My stength increased at a higher rate and my bodyfat levels dropped slightly when using it despite gaining weight. The only negative for me was that my skin tended be a little more oily and I got a few pimples from it, but other than that, everything was great.
                    How old are you man? If you don't mind me asking.

Thinking about giving it a shot during these next few months, but I'm relatively young (22) so I'm unsure if it would be worth the money.
                    TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

I agree with you Mentalflex. Go ahead and say it, "swagger". I had the same affects on MG test booster., increased libido, getting leaner but still seeing the scale go up slightly, increased strength and feeling like you want to puff your chest out a little more than normal. i have not had any negative side affects from it. IMO it's a great product.
                      2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by darkguitars2000 View Post
                        How old are you man? If you don't mind me asking.

Thinking about giving it a shot during these next few months, but I'm relatively young (22) so I'm unsure if it would be worth the money.
                        Don't mind you asking at all. I'm 24, not much older than you, and IMO, feel that this supplement is worth its price. Oh, and I have retained all of my gains from it with no kind of rebound to speak of. I did not get any blood work done after I took it so I cannot verify specific numbers, but I didn't get in any kind of slump training or physique wise (I am actually a little leaner now than I was after I stopped). The only thing after I stopped taking it was there was less of the super sex drive that comes along with it lol
                        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                          Don't mind you asking at all. I'm 24, not much older than you, and IMO, feel that this supplement is worth its price. Oh, and I have retained all of my gains from it with no kind of rebound to speak of. I did not get any blood work done after I took it so I cannot verify specific numbers, but I didn't get in any kind of slump training or physique wise (I am actually a little leaner now than I was after I stopped). The only thing after I stopped taking it was there was less of the super sex drive that comes along with it lol
                          Very awesome. Sounds like it will be worthwhile then.

How are your gains coming man? I remember reading about your first blast with Scott, what progress has been made since?

EDIT: You can PM if you want, I don't wanna jack this thread. Sorry to venture off topic, OP.
                          TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

Originally posted by darkguitars2000 View Post
                            Very awesome. Sounds like it will be worthwhile then.

How are your gains coming man? I remember reading about your first blast with Scott, what progress has been made since?

EDIT: You can PM if you want, I don't wanna jack this thread. Sorry to venture off topic, OP.

Thanks for asking, Scott and I are doing well with the program. I've been staying a little too lean though in order to reach my overall goals so we just made some changes to help me gain some weight I'll probably get a little soft over the next few weeks, but I have no problem dieting.

Not trying to hijack, but here a few pics from 30 October 2011:

and the rest of the photos are in here: http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/...ogress%20Pics/

If anyone has any comments and suggestions, please post them as I am always looking to improve.

Thanks!

P.S. Mods, if you would like me start this discussion in a new thread let me know

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                              I got gyno symptoms as well from DAA. It has been shown to increase prolactin and progesterone 2.5-3 fold.
                              Note - those data are from studies of male rats injected with DAA, not oral supplementation in humans.

-S
                              The Book Has Arrived!
                              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Working...
                              X