Returning after injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning after injury

I had surgery a while back and haven't trained in four months. I am now cleared to start lifting with no restrictions as long as my movements are slow and controlled. I've lost a lot of weight and my strength is gone, but it's coming back quickly. Can anyone suggest how I structure my diet right now? Should I be trying to gain bodyweight as my strength comes back? Probably a stupid question but this is new territory for me.
    my training journal

Originally posted by bashu View Post
    I had surgery a while back and haven't trained in four months. I am now cleared to start lifting with no restrictions as long as my movements are slow and controlled. I've lost a lot of weight and my strength is gone, but it's coming back quickly. Can anyone suggest how I structure my diet right now? Should I be trying to gain bodyweight as my strength comes back? Probably a stupid question but this is new territory for me.
    Same boat here a few months back...

This is what I did/doing, and it's working extremely well:

Weekdays, I eat strict and clean, almost a prep diet, just with more protein and some more fat. Friday nights after 6pm I will eat anything I want....anything. Then saturday it's the dame deal, after 6pm eat anything. Just making sure I am eating my regular meals up until 6pm. Sundays I usually will end up eating far less food than usual, sticking with a mix of good clean meals, and anything I want throughout the day. Further, on non-training days I am eating minimal carbs...same meals as the weekdays, just minus almost all carb servings, and I up the fat.

Initially it was helping me recomp a bit, and now I am gaining from it.

Working like charm for me right now.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Where you eating clean on those four months off?
      2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
        Where you eating clean on those four months off?
        Yes, basically precontest but lower quantities. I am about as lean as in my avatar, I just have very little muscle.
        my training journal

Comment

Time to start feeding the machine! :hungry: By the looks of your avatar you have a pretty good grasp of how to build muscle. Good luck to you!
          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
            Same boat here a few months back...

This is what I did/doing, and it's working extremely well:

Weekdays, I eat strict and clean, almost a prep diet, just with more protein and some more fat. Friday nights after 6pm I will eat anything I want....anything. Then saturday it's the dame deal, after 6pm eat anything. Just making sure I am eating my regular meals up until 6pm. Sundays I usually will end up eating far less food than usual, sticking with a mix of good clean meals, and anything I want throughout the day. Further, on non-training days I am eating minimal carbs...same meals as the weekdays, just minus almost all carb servings, and I up the fat.

Initially it was helping me recomp a bit, and now I am gaining from it.

Working like charm for me right now.
            Any guess how much over maintenance you're eating?
            my training journal

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but I noticed your coming back from an injury. Keep your eye open for some interviews with our new sponsor, Sinew Therapeutics. I have been testing their products and will be posting a video blog on them. Many of their products are supposed to be great for coming back from an injury and a few are great for drawing blood to an area pre and post workout. I'm currently using their Liniment Product. So far I'm extremely happy with it.
              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
              2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
              2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
              2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
              2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Any guess how much over maintenance you're eating?
                On the weekdays, I am guessing I am no more than 500-600 calories over. Weekends I know I am a good deal over. Rough guess. I never usually count calories anymore, only protein and carbs to be honest.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                -1st Heavyweight Gi
                2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Working...
                X