Study- Treatment of Tendonosis with blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study- Treatment of Tendonosis with blood

If the results of this study are valid and reliable, the possible application of this treatment to other areas of the body could benefit a huge population of people. (I know, I know, it's just an abstract. I didn't have time to read the full thing!)

http://proceedings.jbjs.org.uk/cgi/c.../SUPP_II/132-c
    2010 NPC North Star

interesting read
    2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
    2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
    2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
    2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
    2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
    2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
    *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
    88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
    88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

This has been around for quite a while and from what I have heard quite well supported by research already. One of the sports med groups I like to work with has been doing it a lot in the past couple of years for Achilles and elbow tendon problem with good results.

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by PTAaron View Post
        This has been around for quite a while and from what I have heard quite well supported by research already. One of the sports med groups I like to work with has been doing it a lot in the past couple of years for Achilles and elbow tendon problem with good results.
        Awesome! I recently tore my distal bicep tendon and the ortho thinks a large contributing factor was chronic tendonosis in the area causing avascularity of the bicep tendon which greatly weakened it over time. I wonder if this treatment could have saves me from this injury?
        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
          Awesome! I recently tore my distal bicep tendon and the ortho thinks a large contributing factor was chronic tendonosis in the area causing avascularity of the bicep tendon which greatly weakened it over time. I wonder if this treatment could have saves me from this injury?
          It is possible...

The biggest downsides to the procedure are:
          1) not covered by insurance and a lot of doctor offices rip people off to do the procedure - a "kit" to do it runs $125, but some offices will charge people $200-500 a pop for it. Office I deal with charges you only the cost of the kit.
          2) It often requires multiple shots for a full resolution of the problem.
          3) It hurts - you can't take anti-inflammatories when you are having it done, because you WANT to cause inflammation for it to work.
          4) You have to limit use of the area for a bit after the injection to allow it to heal properly (think ripping off a scab).

There are also treatments using Stem Cells in a similar way - but those are a lot more expensive and painful (harvesting the stem cells from your bone marrow and so on).

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

Is there a way PRP or any of its derivatives would be able to repair a fully torn pec minor tendon from a few years ago?
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Working...
            X