Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poultry fresh and frozen.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Poultry fresh and frozen.

    I've been thinking about it for a while now. In order to cut down as much of my expenditure on food I was considering getting frozen meat instead of fresh daily-packaged ones (or whatever you call them I don't really remember the exact term). I was wondering if getting frozen meat actually causes the protein or whatever minerals and macronutrients inside the poultry itself to denature or decrease in value... Anyone has insight on this?

  • #2
    It doesn't matter.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

      Comment


      • #4
        I want a piece of that... chicken, or turkey. whichever it's supposed to be O_O

        Comment


        • #5
          There's actually some thought that the store cooked chicken could be worse off, you don't know exactly what you're getting. Going through keto, I never noticed any issues with store cooked rotisserie chicken so carbs weren't an issue. It definitely saves some money though buying frozen packs of chicken rather than buying the meat every day for your meals. I still need to get me a rotisserie cooker though.
          …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

          Comment


          • #6
            yum. but what'd you block out in paint sammich?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mark! View Post
              There's actually some thought that the store cooked chicken could be worse off, you don't know exactly what you're getting. Going through keto, I never noticed any issues with store cooked rotisserie chicken so carbs weren't an issue. It definitely saves some money though buying frozen packs of chicken rather than buying the meat every day for your meals. I still need to get me a rotisserie cooker though.
              well then i suppose it's sort of unanimous that frozen meat products are fine... As for storing them after cooking, apparently i had a copy of shelby's ebook and he actually puts them into the freezer after he prepares them/cooks them. kind of cost efficient considering the way he encourages one to do it on a weekly basis. I wonder if anyone else here has done that without any stomach upsets or what not <_<

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Chilblain91 View Post
                well then i suppose it's sort of unanimous that frozen meat products are fine... As for storing them after cooking, apparently i had a copy of shelby's ebook and he actually puts them into the freezer after he prepares them/cooks them. kind of cost efficient considering the way he encourages one to do it on a weekly basis. I wonder if anyone else here has done that without any stomach upsets or what not <_<
                What? Cooking and freezing? I used to do it all the time, don't see why it would upset your stomach really.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The only problem with frozen chicken is it tastes fucking gross.

                  You need to get creative with spices, marinades, etc. It does save TONS of $$$$ in the long run though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
                    The only problem with frozen chicken is it tastes fucking gross.

                    You need to get creative with spices, marinades, etc. It does save TONS of $$$$ in the long run though.
                    I buy fresh chicken breast tenders for $2/lb

                    How much are you paying for frozen chicken to save so much money?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                      I buy fresh chicken breast tenders for $2/lb

                      How much are you paying for frozen chicken to save so much money?
                      Where!?!?!?!?!

                      I pay $20 for 10 lbs at costco. Compared to what I used to spend at the local Giant, that is a giant savings.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
                        Where!?!?!?!?!

                        I pay $20 for 10 lbs at costco. Compared to what I used to spend at the local Giant, that is a giant savings.
                        At my giant, boneless skinless chicken breasts are $1.99/lb when on sale. And BJ's is $2.29/lb for Perdue bonleess skinless breasts for the regular price.

                        But I eat flank, sirloin or eye round steaks for most of my meals.
                        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                        Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                        2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                        2015 Beat Cancer!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                          At my giant, boneless skinless chicken breasts are $1.99/lb when on sale. And BJ's is $2.29/lb for Perdue bonleess skinless breasts for the regular price.

                          But I eat flank, sirloin or eye round steaks for most of my meals.
                          Yeah these are the perdue ones...20 bucks at costco. The point is that Giant has to be on sale to even match them, the one by me, they are close to $4 a pound most of the time. I do fine with the frozen stuff with BBQ sauce and texas pete marinade. Its pretty gross plain though.

                          I am saving the steaks for my next raise LOL.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I check the ads and shop the sales to stock up.

                            Last weekend I got fresh boneless/skinless chicken breasts for $1.33/ lb! I bought all 40 pounds that they had left. I just put them all in the freezer when I get home.

                            I have a rotation of chicken going all the time:
                            1. A bunch in the freezer.
                            2. 5 pounds in the fridge thawing out, when thawed I marinade it for a day.
                            3. 5 pounds in the fridge cooked ready to go (Lasts 4-5 days)
                            Want THE Magic Pill??!! Yea so do I!! Find the next best thing at trueprotein.com. For all your protein and supplement needs.

                            Use RYNO100 for 5% off

                            2010 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
                            2009 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
                            2007 Northern Michigan Natural Championships: 5th, Light-heavy

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I pay usually 1.50.2 bucks per lb of chicken. I don't buy frozen usually, I buy the larger Pilgrams pride chicken, I find I get better quality chicken boobs instead of the 5lb bag that's usually about $9, plus it's easier for me to come straight home and cook up my weeks worth of chicken and steak and put it aside it tupperware. I've never tried freezing after cooking, but I don't see that going that well for me, and I've been doing things this long I figured the hell with it I'll stick to my routine.
                              …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X