Nutrition Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutrition Books

Looking for some solid reading material for nutrition. I don't wanna become an expert in all things nutrition, I just don't want to be mentally challenged when it comes to it anymore. I've googled several books but it seems like most books are 400-600 page advertisements for this diet or that diet. Just looking for a general book on nutrition. Anything out there worth picking up?
    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

It's 2011 and you have Internet and Google.

Comment

Point was, you don't need to buy or read a book to learn in this day and age.

Comment

Yeah I've been searching and came across some good material. I'm looking for something I can take with me however, as even though it's 2011 not everyone still works in front of a computer, and I work in areas where 3g access is minimal at best.
        …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

You didn't specificy you were just looking for reading material when you were in rural areas without a computer; I apologize.

In that case, I have no suggestions.

Comment

It's all good, I should have clarified that in the OP. I do have some mad google skills and have come across a lot of good stuff though, I may just start saving these websites and read when I have access, or just start printing them out.

Comment

Lyle's a huge asshole but he's smart, check out his free website articles read them all and then you will be really smart like me lol just kidding.

You can print them out and bring them with you.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/articles

If you want a paper book I recommend his keto book, it goes way beyond keto and is worth reading. Also Chris Aceto's championship bodybuilding is pretty good but not as organised of a book IMO, it's a classic and covers carb cycling which is another popular approach. Those two should give you sufficient info to attain any of your goals.
              If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
              http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
              2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
              2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Power eating, precision nutrition,nutrition timing.

Comment

Check out Lyle Mcdonald

Comment

The Journal of Nutrition, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition etc. If you can find access to EBSCO or even google scholarly articles on a subject of interest, I'm sure you can find some good peer-reviewed articles. Would be more convenient to print and easier to carry around than a book I think...

MT

Comment

Wake ( I wonder how he is going now...) posted some good books to download for free , look trough his posts, you will find it..
                      "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
                      J.M.

Comment

here you can find them...
                        did the search for you mate...
                        http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....ghlight=ebooks
                        "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
                        J.M.

Comment

Originally posted by bouncer dave View Post
                          here you can find them...
                          did the search for you mate...
                          http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....ghlight=ebooks
                          That's absolutely beautiful, thanks a ton bro.

Comment

Lean Gains from Shelby was a good, easy read. It is carb cycling though, which I know is something you wanted to stay away from. But I used that book and just tailored the sample diet to my size and I leaned up really nice and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Gregoire View Post
                              Lyle's a huge asshole but he's smart, check out his free website articles read them all and then you will be really smart like me lol just kidding.
                              I think for a dick/nerd he's actually a pretty accessible (good) writer, too. Knowing a lot of postsynapticfacilitationthermonuclearcumstain lingo and science doesn't really help much if you can't relate it to the average person (most of us.) In that case, it's not us that are wrong for not knowing, it's YOU that can't write for the audience.
                              PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Working...
                              X