Jimmy Kennedy Suspended..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Kennedy Suspended..

Jimmy Kennedy has been suspended for four games due to substance abuse.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-suspended-nfl

Hopefully he will be able to return to the Giants when his suspension is over.

Clearly, my hands are tied on this one as I simply cannot comment on this. His agent and the Giants have not responded so I cannot, either.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

AAS should just be legalized anyway, especially for pro sports players. The fact that you can get suspended when 90% of your team (and most Olympic athletes) are on the shit is fucking ridiculous anyway.

Here's hoping for a quick return to the field.
      Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Just an FYI:
        The list of banned substances is not just AAS. It is AAS, gh, diuretics, fat burners, and a myriad of other things including bitter orange and sudafed. That's right, if a player uses sudafed without the team Doctor's approval then they will fail the drug test.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Whoa...didn't even know that. Makes the suspension even more ridiculous then. Especially seeing as most of the Western world is popping pills for all sorts of shit anyway...hypocrites.
          Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

the drug policy is fairly insane, correct me if i am wrong, but I believe many of the preworkout drinks (your jack3d's and 1mr's) would set it off too...

Comment

Athletic franchise politics are as much of a bitch as governmental.
              Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

If he doesn't appeal this it would be a shame I think his former teamates in Minnesota did as well, I can't recall their names, I think the Williams's
                For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Originally posted by youngbb View Post
                  the drug policy is fairly insane, correct me if i am wrong, but I believe many of the preworkout drinks (your jack3d's and 1mr's) would set it off too...
                  I heard Jack3d has methylated compounds or some other illegal substance, and it also can suppress wood.

Just an FYI:
                  The list of banned substances is not just AAS. It is AAS, gh, diuretics, fat burners, and a myriad of other things including bitter orange and sudafed. That's right, if a player uses sudafed without the team Doctor's approval then they will fail the drug test.

Skip
                  Some guys on Minnesota got in a lot of trouble for using "starcaps" a couple of years ago; I think they were just diuretics and the guys were just trying to make weight.
                  Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

1,3-dimethylamylamine or methylhexaneamine is the banned substance in Jack3d.

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch View Post
                      Jimmy Kennedy has been suspended for four games due to substance abuse.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-suspended-nfl

Hopefully he will be able to return to the Giants when his suspension is over.
                      Pardon my ignorance here, but is "substance abuse" the same as (quote from the article linked above), "violating policy on performance enhancing substances?"

Substance abuse suggests to me that they were able to document a history of abuse of a substance. "Violating policy on performance enhancing substances" could be a whole slew of things, from simply not passing a drug test (e.g., d/t some OTC compound as noted here in this thread) to something more diabolical.

I'm guessing a 4 game suspension means he wasn't running a drug ring (LOL) and if he were found to be abusing a substance (help me out here those in the know) or suspected of using a drug with high abuse potential, would they typically suspend for a longer period of time?... (This seems like a slap on the wrist for a minor offense to me, but I'm just guessing...)

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I looked around for some additional information and it appears that he failed a drug test last season and submitted an appeal to the league regarding the result of the drug test, however the appeal was denied.

One article stated that Jimmy Kennedy and his agent were forthright in discolosing the information to the Giants before signing and the Giants were aware of the risk that his appeal may be denied resulting in a suspension.

Tom Coughlin said that this appeared to be a one time event and was giving kennedy the benefit of the doubt.

Also to note, "In recent years, two other Vikings defensive tackles—Kevin and Pat Williams—were suspended by the NFL for using a banned diuretic in an effort to lose weight so they could earn weight-related bonuses in their contracts."

Some additional inforation is here: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pr...uspension.html
                        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                          Pardon my ignorance here, but is "substance abuse" the same as (quote from the article linked above), "violating policy on performance enhancing substances?"

Substance abuse suggests to me that they were able to document a history of abuse of a substance. "Violating policy on performance enhancing substances" could be a whole slew of things, from simply not passing a drug test (e.g., d/t some OTC compound as noted here in this thread) to something more diabolical.

I'm guessing a 4 game suspension means he wasn't running a drug ring (LOL) and if he were found to be abusing a substance (help me out here those in the know) or suspected of using a drug with high abuse potential, would they typically suspend for a longer period of time?... (This seems like a slap on the wrist for a minor offense to me, but I'm just guessing...)

-S
                          Scott,

No this would not qualify as substance abuse. Its using a banned substance, I think the OP just used bad grammar lol.

from what I understand 4 games is the standard for testing positive for drugs first offense. Regardless of the drug. AAS, illegal, legal doesnt matter as long as it is banned and there aren't other things (the hypothetical drug ring). Then it goes to 8 (2nd offense) and a full season (3rd offense).

Comment

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ace-suspension
                            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

There is certainly no history of abuse, no.

I appreciated waking up today to see that Coach Coughlin stood by Jimmy announcing that the Giants were aware of the issue before they signed him.

Skip

Comment

Working...
                              X