Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cissus causing pain?

Backstory:

My wrist started hurting from doing some bench pressing. Gradually was getting worse because my strength was going up more and more.

Did deadlifts on tuesday - wrist was hurting even gripping that. No back pain or anything else.. felt great.

Wednesday - Did a little cardio - no back pain, no wrist pain.

** I either added in Cissus on tuesday or wednesday**

Thursday - Bench press, no back pain, wrapped my wrists all good.

Friday - Wake up with my back feeling sore right at the base of my spine. Bend over just a little bit and I can feel it being weak. I do squats anyway. They didn't hurt when I was doing squats but I could tell it didn't feel normal. I figured I was just tight and I stretched out and warmed up extra before them.. No dice.

Saturday - back pain still there, bugging me because I haven't done anything to cause this.

Sunday (today) - Still have back pain and now my right elbow has started to have sharp pains in it when I extend my arm to reach for something. I haven't been doing anything with either my back or my arm since wednesday/thurs.

The only thing I can figure is that the cissus is CAUSING these problems - because before I started the cissus i had been doing the same workout, the same cardio, etc.. With ZERO back pain. ZERO elbow pain... just some wrist pain more from a bad grip than anything.

Wondering if I should discontinue the cissus or drop the dosage or what?

The times that I have tried the cissus before, I vaguely remember my back feeling weak before as well. I don't think I made the connection as well as I am now, though.

Been taking between 5-8g of cissus per day.

Thoughts?
    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
    www.316fit.com
    Email: [email protected]

that's odd. Why do you think cissus would cause pain, if that is the reason? It always cured any elbow pain I had, but I always has back pain. I haven't taken any joint support supps in a while, and I don't have any back pain.....but my shoulders and wrists feel awful......lol.
    2005 HOA Natural Classic
    2006 OCB Midwest
    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
    2008 HOA Natural Classic
    NPC Mid-Illinois
    NPC Midwest Open
    NPC Natural Grand Prix
    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
    USPA Illinois State
    NGA Heart of America
    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
      that's odd. Why do you think cissus would cause pain, if that is the reason? It always cured any elbow pain I had, but I always has back pain. I haven't taken any joint support supps in a while, and I don't have any back pain.....but my shoulders and wrists feel awful......lol.
      It was more of the timing of the situation than anything else. Hadn't had anything else change but adding in the cissus.

I will say I have discussed it with a knowledgeable member here and we've come to the conclusion that it is most likely related to a lack of estrogen and not related to the cissus.

www.316fit.com

Comment

Lack of estrogen ..how do you plan on fixing?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
        [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
        Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by mister69 View Post
          Lack of estrogen ..how do you plan on fixing?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
          Stop what would be causing a lack of estrogen and let my body get back to homeostasis.

www.316fit.com

Comment

Working...
          X