New Balance Minimus vs. Nike Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Balance Minimus vs. Nike Free

I'm looking at getting either the New Balance Minimus Cross Trainers or Nike Free (Run or 3.0). I have an old pair of Nike Free that I like, but I was wondering if the Minimus might be a better choice. I would mainly use them for doing cardio (elliptical/treadmill walking) and some dynamic PT exercises to help my knees. I just wanted to get some feedback about these shoes. Any suggestions?

Why not just get a cheap pair of cross trainers if your just using them for walking and the eliptical?
    -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
    -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
    198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
    -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
    198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
    -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
    198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
      Why not just get a cheap pair of cross trainers if your just using them for walking and the eliptical?
      I like the feel of minimal footwear, and how they help strengthen your lower leg and foot muscles.

Comment

If you have wide feet at all, go with the minimus
        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

I have a pair of NB Minimus and I love them. I used them for all my lifting and also for strongman work and they've been great for everything.
          "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win." Bear Bryant

My Log:
          http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=45338

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
            If you have wide feet at all, go with the minimus
            havent been able to wear nike's since grade school...

stupid wide foot
            Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
            FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
            www.316fit.com
            Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by PhxRPh View Post
              I have a pair of NB Minimus and I love them. I used them for all my lifting and also for strongman work and they've been great for everything.
              Does the NB Minimus run true to size?

Comment

might be a little big. Mine are 13's and my Nike's are 12's. I'd go to a store, figure out your size and then order them online (if that's cheaper).
                "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win." Bear Bryant

My Log:
                http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=45338

Comment

Make sure you get the cross trainer minimus. They are great for just about everything except running long distances, but who wants to do that anyway.

Comment

I was wondering about these too... I wanted to get those "toe shoes" but my damn 2nd toe is too long. Any opinions on where to find the best pricing?

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

I have the New Balance and they are awesome. No experience with the Nikes.
                      "You can't be the fastest or the strongest but you can always work the hardest." - Jim Wendler

"Failing is nothing more than inexperience" - Jim Wendler

"You won't have to rotate squats and deadlifts, but do them both and thus get more fucking awesome every week" - cooltom

Comment

Wide Feet + Nike = Cramping, sore feet!
                        Their slogan shoule be, "Just do it!...unless you have wide feet!" Go with the NB!
                        "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

NB all the way. Had them for about 5 months now. Great pair of shoes.
                          The only easy day is yesterday

Comment

i love the new Free Run's but they do run about a half a size small, i have always rocked nikes just never trainers till now. about to buy another pair cause i dicked these playing football after i trained my boot camp.

Comment

I am thinking about picking up a pair of the NB Minimus Trainers tonight. I need a new shoe for cardio/dog walking..lol

Comment

Working...
                              X