• Check These Out

http://youtu.be/7VmayTMmf0M

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Haha - wow. Funny timing. When I visited Armbrust this last Sunday I was trying all the different machines I've never had the pleasure of using - and ran across that cable attachment (but it was the v-grip version, handles closer together) and used it on the low cable row on the opposite side of that same cable tower. Amazing attachment. Really removes the grip from the equation. My grip was already shot from doing ridiculous volume (kid in a candy store effect) and "trying" to use the 140lb. dumbells for rows... regardless, this attachment felt phenominal and really took the forearms out of the movement.

Highly recommend this attachment - it's basically a brilliant design.

Comment

So I don't need straps, but do I have to wear gloves? Shit I hope not!
      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Glad you guys are enjoying the bars. Great quality product. Besides the shape of the handle I also love the rubber coating on the bar. It almost makes your hands stick to the bar. MAG really didn't hold back on these.
        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Ken / Dobie,

Have you guys tried these out with someone who has trouble activating the lats (i.e., who found that the bar was helpful)?...

-S
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Yes. I've had a lot of people try them. Everyone has noticed a better contraction and the lats engaging from the beginning, but as far as people with problems activating their lats, I've only had three people. One was a woman who I just started working with. She has never lifted weights before. When she used the regular bar she was obviously using her arms and could not get the form down. When I switched her to the MAG's I made sure she knew that the pressure needed to be on her palms and slightly against the wrists. She instantly felt the contractions. Another person was my wife who is a massage therapist and has tight lats. She has trouble with getting her lats to flare out during the movement when using a regular bar. Her lats flared out nicely with these bars and she felt the movement much better. Finally, I have worked with another guy. I call him "Ronnie Jr." The guy is big and lean. Great bodybuilding genetics. I'll post a training video next week I hope. He has felt his lats in the past, but not real well and he wasn't able to engage them right away during a workout. Using these bars his lats immediately "jumped out". He's a big fan to say the least. These are only three examples of people I have worked with, but like I said everyone that's tried the bars has felt their lats in a new way. I think part of it is the fact that you are not gripping the bar and part of it is that you are almost pushing your hands together (reminds me of the Frank Zane pose) that causes the lats to engage. Like I said I hope to post some more videos soon.
            1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
            2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
            2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
            2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
            2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
            2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
            Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Skip/Dobie If you had to pick 1 favorite, which would it be?

I might grab one to start to throw in my gym bag.

Comment

Those look awesome, would love to try em. Someday.

I have to say I was waiting for the camera to follow the hottie as she walked by...my eyes were tracking, but the camera wasn't, good videoing lol...DOH!
                Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
                BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
                  Skip/Dobie If you had to pick 1 favorite, which would it be?

I might grab one to start to throw in my gym bag.
                  That's a tough one, actually, because I am a HUGE fan of shoulder width grips for latt pulls and rows because I feel it is superior for range of motion and overall development. BUT .... the undergrip that is just inside of shoulder width is probably my favorite primarily because you just can't find that angle and comfort on the wrist and hands with any other attachment I have ever used. That makes it a completely new angle that I haven't had access to in 28 years of training. I know it sounds like a sales pitch but I am being sincere when I say these things are absolutely kickass and EVERYONE at Armbrust is raving about them.

It will be good PR for MAG Grips when they show up in photoshoots in the magazines, too, because there are so many shoots at that gym it is ridiculous.

My only criticism of the company? They shouldn't have a name of their product (MAG grips) being different than their website name (maxagrip.com). It is confusing and if it is confusing to me, it will be confusing to others. They really need to change the website address.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks Skip!!

So just to be clear they have listed on their site
                    Close Grip Neutral
                    CN001
                    $59.95

Close Grip Pronate
                    CP002
                    $59.95

Close Grip Supinate
                    CS003
                    $59.95

Medium Grip Neutral
                    MN004
                    $64.95

Medium Grip Pronate
                    MP005
                    $64.95

Medium Grip Supinate
                    MS006
                    $64.95
                    Which are the two you are referring to?

Maybe I will just grab 2 of them, they are pretty reasonably priced.
                    Last edited by Imprezivr6; 10-06-2011, 09:29 PM.

Comment

My favorite is the medium grip supinate.

Skip

Comment

Honestly, those prices seem VERY low, don't they?

Skip

Comment

Yea, damn reasonable.

I will probably get the medium sup, and a close grip neutral.

Comment

I took a peek at their site earlier and I, too, couldn't believe the price was so low for this equipment. If I wasn't spending all my money on food, I would pick one of these up. They look sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                              My only criticism of the company? They shouldn't have a name of their product (MAG grips) being different than their website name (maxagrip.com). It is confusing and if it is confusing to me, it will be confusing to others. They really need to change the website address.
                              That is the first thing I thought. They should buy maggrip.com and mag-grip.com (maggrip.com is registered, but available for a higher fee). They also need a better products page.
                              Save 5% off your entire order at TrueProtein.com by using discount code LYP800; 10% if you order 16 lbs or more!

For a protein that can be used anytime, try TeamSkip Blend

You will need a scoop if you don’t have one: Measuring Scoops

Comment

Working...
                              X