Phil Heath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Heath

I thought this pic of Phil next to Flex was pretty crazy. Flex has that "bubble" look and a smaller waist but Phil is much tighter (not a Flex trait).

Also, the pic of him with Jay Cutler strikes a chord with me because this is the first time Phil competed here in Colorado in 02. I had won the lightheavies in this show the year prior. I was backstage where this photo was taken (I don't recall who took it) and was witness to Jay meeting Phil and asking him what national level shows he had done. When he answered none, Jay was floored. Of course, from there they became friends and Jay helped to get Phil a Weider contract before Phil ever turned pro (doesn't happen very often). Phil turned pro only 3 years from this photo and the Sandow was won 8 years after that photo.

Skip
    Attached Files

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Love the stories behind bidybuilding. Most times it is portrayed as these big tough arrogant guys grunting like meatheads and not the fact that go to most gyms and someone you don't know will help you out with a spot or go out of their way if you want something. That is my experience anyway.
    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
    ~William Bernbach

Comment

@ Phil / Flex: Wow. Cut from the same cloth.

@ Phil / Jay: Talk about fulfilling one's potential. Blows my mind how far Phil has come in < 10 years. Amazing.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Picture 3: MuscleTech photobomb

Comment

Saw Phil for the first time since his win tonight at the gym. He was still doing a photoshoot but it was laid back so we shot the shit a little bit. I probably haven't spoken with him that much in more than 6 months. I'm thinking it was probably when he, Jimmy and myself were in Michigan for the show that we sponsor. That was back in April.

Oh, and he still looks RETARDED.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Very inspirational, thanks skip
            :preach:

Comment

I'm pretty sure I heard he's guest posing at the Lackland Classic this year, hopefully, I'll get a chance to meet him as I hear he is very cordial and down to earth...

-MT

Comment

Very easy guy to talk and chat with. We ran into each other at Qdoba and ended up BS'ing over our meals for 30min.

Comment

I spoke with Phil at the 07 Rocky Mtn BB show then didn't see him again until the 08 CO State and he remembered me from the 07 show, which floored me. He's very humble and down to earth and makes time for ALL of his fans and you don't get the generic spiel that a lot of pros give. He's been my favorite pro BB since he turned pro.

Comment

Originally posted by StudHammer View Post
                    I spoke with Phil at the 07 Rocky Mtn BB show then didn't see him again until the 08 CO State and he remembered me from the 07 show, which floored me. He's very humble and down to earth and makes time for ALL of his fans and you don't get the generic spiel that a lot of pros give. He's been my favorite pro BB since he turned pro.
                    Really cool

"generic spiel"? explain please...
                    Max Muscle
                    5020 Katella Ave.
                    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

I think what he is saying is that most pros aren't terribly open to talking and being honest about things. Most of what they say is rehearsed as they tend to say the same things over and over in response to the same questions (half of the questions they get they are asked over and over).

Phil is a pretty genuine guy so I have rarely seen him patronize someone.

Skip

Comment

interesting pics, nice that he is as nice as he seems on film.
                        Not just making up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                          I think what he is saying is that most pros aren't terribly open to talking and being honest about things. Most of what they say is rehearsed as they tend to say the same things over and over in response to the same questions (half of the questions they get they are asked over and over).

Phil is a pretty genuine guy so I have rarely seen him patronize someone.

Skip
                          Ahh, really cool
                          Max Muscle
                          5020 Katella Ave.
                          Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                          www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Working...
                          X