Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supplement Stack to Improve Cognitive Function

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Supplement Stack to Improve Cognitive Function

    Any ideas for a basic stack to improve various cognitive functions, such as memory, focus, and clarity? I know I haven't posted in awhile, but this would be a huge help (studying for the cpa exam is wrecking me).

    Thanks guys.

  • #2
    Don't take Focus Factor! The guy on that commercial has a fucking lazy eye; talk about side effects!



    I am actually quite curious about this as well. I have the memory of a 95yr old.
    2010 NPC North Star

    Comment


    • #3
      One word - Adderall.

      OTC - Caffeine + 1,3-DMAA combo

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
        One word - Adderall.

        OTC - Caffeine + 1,3-DMAA combo
        If there's one thing I can say about DMAA, it really cleared my mind and got me to focus on my training, and I've read several people have used it to cram study sessions.
        …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

        Comment


        • #5
          Vinpocetine 3x10mg ED
          Aniracetam 600mg 1-2 ED and
          DMAE 2-3x300-600 mg ED is pretty popular on T-nation and very few users report side effects. It won't give you the same focus as adderall, but many feel that it improves memory, recall and clarity.

          I've been on it for over a year and by just going to lectures and taking notes I keep up just fine with my friends who study all the time. (Med school, second year fwiw)

          I highly recommend it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by The Viking View Post
            Vinpocetine 3x10mg ED
            Aniracetam 600mg 1-2 ED and
            DMAE 2-3x300-600 mg ED is pretty popular on T-nation and very few users report side effects. It won't give you the same focus as adderall, but many feel that it improves memory, recall and clarity.

            I've been on it for over a year and by just going to lectures and taking notes I keep up just fine with my friends who study all the time. (Med school, second year fwiw)

            I highly recommend it.
            Thanks a lot. I was on adderall during my first year and a half of undergrad, and while my grades were unbelievable, I couldn't deal with the racing heart rate anymore.

            I'm going to order these within the week.

            Comment


            • #7
              Curious to hear other's thoughts on this as well. My memory and attention span these days is about as long as my pecker. And that ain't a good thing.

              Where are you guys ordering your 1,3 DMAA? I see TP has it in powder form, but, I don't trust myself weighing out something like this.

              Sidenote: has anyone had any positive side effects from ginseng?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Viking View Post
                Vinpocetine 3x10mg ED
                Aniracetam 600mg 1-2 ED and
                DMAE 2-3x300-600 mg ED is pretty popular on T-nation and very few users report side effects. It won't give you the same focus as adderall, but many feel that it improves memory, recall and clarity.

                I've been on it for over a year and by just going to lectures and taking notes I keep up just fine with my friends who study all the time. (Med school, second year fwiw)

                I highly recommend it.
                Is that all OTC?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dougisbig View Post
                  Curious to hear other's thoughts on this as well. My memory and attention span these days is about as long as my pecker. And that ain't a good thing.

                  Where are you guys ordering your 1,3 DMAA? I see TP has it in powder form, but, I don't trust myself weighing out something like this.

                  Sidenote: has anyone had any positive side effects from ginseng?
                  I have had great effects from ginseng. I get the liquid form that is at gnc in the little glass vials.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bruce777 View Post
                    I have had great effects from ginseng. I get the liquid form that is at gnc in the little glass vials.
                    Thanks for the info. I assume 1 vial at a time does the trick?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      there are brain supplements that can actually help in improving our memory and other cognitive function. i've been taking caps from maxalife. it has gingko biloba which is effective for improving cognitive function, at least according to what i've read.
                      Maxalife | Adding Life to Your Years

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X