Cosamin DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosamin DS

I've seen Cosamin DS at Costco beside all the other brands of glucaosamine/chondroitin, but this stuff is at least twice as expensive. It is in capsule form, which I know is better absorbed than tablets. Does anyone know if it's actually worth buying Cosamin DS over the generic stuff?

What specific joint issue do you have--is this merely preventive?

Comment

Originally posted by SDMF View Post
      I've seen Cosamin DS at Costco beside all the other brands of glucaosamine/chondroitin, but this stuff is at least twice as expensive. It is in capsule form, which I know is better absorbed than tablets. Does anyone know if it's actually worth buying Cosamin DS over the generic stuff?
      Cosamin DS is great stuff. However, I think GLC 2000 is even better:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gl...ml?MCID=F-GOOG
      Save 5% off your entire order at TrueProtein.com by using discount code LYP800; 10% if you order 16 lbs or more!

For a protein that can be used anytime, try TeamSkip Blend

You will need a scoop if you don’t have one: Measuring Scoops

Comment

Originally posted by Affliction View Post
        What specific joint issue do you have--is this merely preventive?
        I just saw my orthopedic doctor today, and he thinks I might have a small lateral meniscus tear in my right knee. I'm getting an MRI done soon. I also have some patellar tendonitis in my left knee.

Comment

I had my follow up visit with the doc today to get my MRI results. It turned out not to be a meniscus tear after all. Here's what the MRI findings were:

"Severe contusion or microfracture of the lateral tibial plateau posterior centrally as well as milder contusions of the medial femoral condyle and tibial plateau peripherally. No derangement of the menisci or cruciate ligaments."

So basically I have some bone bruising on the lateral side of my knee. I guess this came from doing heavy leg workouts. The doctor also said that my patella my be tracking to the outside too much. He recommended doing PT for 4 weeks. I'm going to do the PT, stop doing leg workouts during that time, try to do most of my cardio on the elliptical, and switch to rack deadlifts instead of floor deads. Does this sound like a good plan?

As far as supplements, I'm going to finish the cissus that I have while still taking Cosamin DS. Someone mentioned that cissus was good for healing bone. After that I'm not sure which one to continue taking because my budget doesn't really allow for both. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
          X