No announcement yet.

A little less Macho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Keep this updated on your progress if you don't mind...

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
      Macho Man, sorry to hear about your injury. I'm sure it is a kick in the nuts, I guess you'll have to learn to use your left hand for those late, lonely nights lol JK with you, I wish you a fast recovery and hope everything turns out for the best.

Cheers,

Kris
      As far as the actual jackin off, I'm actually left-handed, so that wasn't affected. It has def been much harder to tie the rope around my neck while standing on that wobbly chair though!
      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
        Hope you have a speedy recovery. Keep this updated on your progress if you don't mind...
        Thanks MT, I def will!
        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
          As far as the actual jackin off, I'm actually left-handed, so that wasn't affected. It has def been much harder to tie the rope around my neck while standing on that wobbly chair though!
          Now this makes your injury even more tragic lol A dog collar may solve your problem haha
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Had mine reattached in March. If you can find a good surgeon the recovery wont be too bad. I shopped around and after 4 surgeons, finally found one that was a powerlifter and also owned an anti-aging clinic.
            I did mine feb 15th, had surgery march 15th, was back in the gym early june with limited release(mostly for rehab). Back to full workouts by late june. It's Sept now. I still get a bit of tendonitis in the elbow but I'm full swing, and have been for a couple of months now.
            I got real out of shape. I'll post some pictures up when I snap some new ones of where I am now. Good new is, you'll bounce back fast. I was 238 @ 20+% by mid June(my avatar is aabout 4% lower than where I was when it happened). Now, I'm 236 and around 13% after a few months.
            I cant stress doctor shopping enough. Do you know if it's full or partial? If it's partial(up to 95%, which is what mine was) it's not a rush to surgery like it would be with a full, where scar tissue accumulates relatively fast.

Comment

Damn bro I am sorry to hear that. Listen to Pheedno when it comes to doc shopping. I have know several people that have torn their bis over the years and have seen both great and horrible results. A doc that doesn't work with athletes or BBrs only cares about getting you to the point where you can function "normally" and doesn't really care about asthetics or whether you really return to pre-surgery size and strength. I have seen the results when the intention is just a return of "normal" function.... A drastic change in shape, and size or strength potential. FIND A DOC THAT WORKS WITH ATHLETES OR BBrs... You will be glad you did.

I understand your frustration. I've torn both cuffs and blew out a cpl discs and did all that outside the gym. If I had hurt myself in the gym it would be easier to deal with but its frustrating AA hell when you are repping heavy deads one day but blow out your discs moving a freaking box at work ... I am sure it would be easier to deal with if you did it doing deads, rows or even curls.... Hell you can accept its the nature of the beast but when you do it outside the gym it sucks so much more.....for me anyway.

I wish you the best man. If your gym has a good pullover machine I would strap myself to that twice a week and bust my ass on legs once a week till you get cleared to train normal again.

Best of luck bro. Get a great doc and your recovery will be quicker and better than you expect. Best of luck bro.
              Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
              Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
              Nicki Minaj

Comment

Thanks Dunhill and Pheedno. I will def be doing some looking around, but I don't have a ton of options given that I need to stay in network. I'm def going to do what I can though.

I haven't had an MRI yet, so I'm not sure about the extent of the tear. I am still able to flex it (happens on accident) but there is def a gap in the elbow where it has pulled back an inch or two. If I had to guess, I would say that the biceps tendon is completely torn, but still hanging on by that other tendonous thing that attaches to the bicep, which is giving me supination and flexion capabilities. That's just a wild guess though based off what I see with my arm and have read about.

My major concern isn't when I will be back in the gym. If I have a less than stellar doc who keeps me in rehab for an extra month or two, while it would suck, I could handle it. My primary concern is being able to hold my daughter when she's born at the end of January, and being able to help my wife around the house.
                2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                  Thanks Dunhill and Pheedno. I will def be doing some looking around, but I don't have a ton of options given that I need to stay in network. I'm def going to do what I can though.

I haven't had an MRI yet, so I'm not sure about the extent of the tear. I am still able to flex it (happens on accident) but there is def a gap in the elbow where it has pulled back an inch or two. If I had to guess, I would say that the biceps tendon is completely torn, but still hanging on by that other tendonous thing that attaches to the bicep, which is giving me supination and flexion capabilities. That's just a wild guess though based off what I see with my arm and have read about.

My major concern isn't when I will be back in the gym. If I have a less than stellar doc who keeps me in rehab for an extra month or two, while it would suck, I could handle it. My primary concern is being able to hold my daughter when she's born at the end of January, and being able to help my wife around the house.

Your two concerns will be fine. If you have surgery in the next 4-6 weeks, you'll be out of your sling by the time the baby comes. In all likely hood, you'll have an adjustable sling and after a couple/few weeks you'll be able to do light duty. It's not that debilitating after the first 2 weeks post surgery. You have no worries there. Pain in the ass, but not preventing from what you wish to do.

Comment

Also, the docotr choice isn't so much about recovery speed, as it is with strength and aesthetic of the fix. I had to do "in network" as well. Just do an hour worth of searching online for surgeons and reviews, then you can cross check on the insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheedno View Post
                      Your two concerns will be fine. If you have surgery in the next 4-6 weeks, you'll be out of your sling by the time the baby comes. In all likely hood, you'll have an adjustable sling and after a couple/few weeks you'll be able to do light duty. It's not that debilitating after the first 2 weeks post surgery. You have no worries there. Pain in the ass, but not preventing from what you wish to do.
                      Well that's good to hear. Hopefully everything goes according to plan!

I hope to god I don't have to walk around 3 or 4 more weeks with my arm like this, it's annoying as shit!
                      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Pheedno, did you notice that you regained more and more use of your arm the more time elapsed post-injury? I have been able to lift heavier and heavier things without any unusual feelings at all and have been able to reach out in front of me without my arm feeling like it was stretching. I am guessing most of this is just from reduced soreness and inflammation in the muscles in the immediate area and from the fact that they are learning to pick up the slack of the weakened bicep. Just wondering if this is somewhat normal?

On a side note, I NEVER EVER bruise. I don't even remember any bruising from my two ACL reconstructions. Well, I woke up this morning, 12 days after the incident, with a giant purlpish-grey bruise on my forearm. I thought it was dirt at first and went to the bathroom to wash it off, haha.
                        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Man, it seems like a lot of regulars going down with injuries lately. Best of luck Macho, hang in there.

Comment

I didn't bruise until about 10 days post, and it was on my forearm and wrist.
                            I got full motion back and could supinate and pronate without issue. All of the surrounding muscle take over and compensate for the missing bicep.
                            If you have a full rupture you probably have more function than I did, just because I had a sliver of tendon still attached.

Outside of aesthetics, you dont need the bicep all that much and you'd regain, pretty much, all function and strength without surgery. I know a few that have opted not to have it done. Of course they have a golf ball rolled up next to their delt when they flex and gap large enough for a 2x4 in the space the bicep used to lay across.

Comment

Working...
                            X