Workout Plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workout Plan?

since im new i had no idea where to post this so ill do it here sorry if this is the wrong place and if it is could you direct me to the right place.

im a really small guy im 6 feet tall and about 125 pounds yes i know im skinny, at one point i was at 135 and i started to look like i was putting on some muscle but the lazy ass i was i stopped.

where would be an easy place to find a workout routine suited for me. im in a basic gym at my college so we dont have anything too fancy.

I read your previous thread in the diet section but didn't post.

I started out not quite at your stats but close. Smallest I was was 136 pounds at 6 feet tall. I'm now 162 pounds at a lower bodyfat. I had a ton of success with Madcow 5x5. That program really taught me the importance of beating the logbook every week.

Comment

I would suggest starting by learning proper technique on the core lifts (squat, dead, pressing, etc.). Not everyone can just start squatting and do it correctly. Sometimes it takes a little work to get it right, but I promise it will pay off in the long run.

At that point you can pick a basic strength program and go to town. Whether it's a 5x5 template, or 5/3/1, it won't make much of a difference. Your main goal should be to get strong. Couple that with eating properly, and you will see great results.

Comment

Originally posted by Ectomorph92 View Post
        since im new i had no idea where to post this so ill do it here sorry if this is the wrong place and if it is could you direct me to the right place.

im a really small guy im 6 feet tall and about 125 pounds yes i know im skinny, at one point i was at 135 and i started to look like i was putting on some muscle but the lazy ass i was i stopped.

where would be an easy place to find a workout routine suited for me. im in a basic gym at my college so we dont have anything too fancy.
        Being a true beginner, if I were you I would look into Starting Strength. It gives a good basic program and also goes into detail on the specific form components of each major lift.

Then, like The Crazy Mexican Burrito said, follow the program and eat well and you will see results.
        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Go buy Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. Read it, learn it, follow the routine, and EAT.

Comment

wild guess but do U eat?
            My opinion....
            I would try and train 3 days a week weights build on basics-get stronger on squats, leg presses, bench, shoulder pressing , deadlifts of some type....and EAT, EAT, EAT!, EAT, EAT EAT!!!! that many times a day.....keep the fat in ck but lots lots of carbs and protien!

@ 6ft 125 i would not bother with cardio unless your into running as in competing
            If your not ripping a tendon your not working the muscle to its fullest capacity!

I just kinda feel if the weight wasn't so heavy, I could lift it:
            :bb::dancingna:bb::dancingna:bb::dancingna
            Living for the INSULIN SPIKE!

Comment

Originally posted by Ectomorph92 View Post
              where would be an easy place to find a workout routine suited for me.
              +1 for asking for advice and not creating a thread saying you've started DC. I'd recommend 5x5 or 5/3/1 as well.

Comment

http://oldschooltrainer.com/reg-parks-beginner-routine/

this is good. Greyskull LP is good as well. A good push/pull or horizontal/vertical or upper/lower is good as well.
                Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

If you want a general break down of the various strength routines stronglifts has some good info. I have got some great results using madcow 5x5 myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X