October 2011 ISOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 2011 ISOM

The exercise for October 2011 is an overhead press.

It can be ANY overhead press so it can be dumbbells, barbell, machine, etc..

There are no limitations on reps, whether it is a drop set, RP, etc.. Whatever YOU think will contribute to showing Intensity. Please note that doing more reps doesn't necessarily mean that it is more intense.

Judging will be done this month for this exercise by the IntenseMuscle.com members starting November 1st and voting will last 7 days. Members will not only vote but they are encouraged to give detailed feedback, as well. It will be important to get the ISOM as much exposure on FB, Twitter, other sites, etc., because the more votes you get, the better your chance of winning the ISOM for this month.

Any IntenseMuscle.com member can post a video and enter the ISOM as long as they are performing the exercise that has been chosen for this month and they post the video correctly on youtube and link it into the ISOM thread for this month.

Posted videos MUST have both IntenseMuscle.com and TrueProtein.com in the header and TrueProtein.com MUST be mentioned in some fashion in the video whether it be vocal, showing one of their supplements, shaker cups, t-shirt, etc..

Members have From the 1st of the month through the last day of the month to post their videos for judging.

Judging will not start until the 1st of the following month and will last for 7 days. Midnight Mountain Time is being used as the official start and end times.

Judging should be on ALL aspects of the video as it pertains to Intensity including but not limited to: form, poundage, reps, duration of the set, rep style and tempo and creativity.

The winner of the ISOM every month will receive 10 pounds of protein from TrueProtein.com, an IntenseMuscle.com t-shirt in their size and the title of ISOM for that particular month listed under your name in your profile.

ANYONE that is a member at IntenseMuscle.com can enter this contest including myself, other mods, round table experts, etc.. My motivation for winning might be to save the cost of another IM shirt and shipping. lol

Get the cameras rolling and let's get some kickass vids submitted!

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Awesome. Thanks Skip.

Comment

Sweet. Let the games begin! :showoff:
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

This kicks ass. Excited.
        TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

Glad to see ISOM is back, unfortunately I can't enter at least for a few months...unless you guys want to see me using the pink weights with extended pinky...you KNOW that's where the intensity comes from!
          Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
          BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

Originally posted by Glyder View Post
            Glad to see ISOM is back, unfortunately I can't enter at least for a few months...unless you guys want to see me using the pink weights with extended pinky...you KNOW that's where the intensity comes from!
            ...don't forget the pink headband and wrist bands to match! And then if you REALLY want to show us how intense you are...you've GOTS to be wearing a fanny pack!!! If you DONT win the ISOM with that I'm going to start a riot! :target:
            2005 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 4th
            2007 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 2nd
            2008 - INBF NYC Hercules - 1st Novice
            2009 - INBF Barbados Universe - Open - 2nd
            2010 - INBF Naturalmania NYC- Open - 1st Heavyweight
            2011 - INBF World Championships - Open - 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by shankuan View Post
              ...don't forget the pink headband and wrist bands to match! And then if you REALLY want to show us how intense you are...you've GOTS to be wearing a fanny pack!!! If you DONT win the ISOM with that I'm going to start a riot! :target:
              Ok, i'm in
              Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
              BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

I will be doing this if I can figure out how to get vids from my iPod to my computer (no I dont have a camera lol).

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  ANYONE that is a member at IntenseMuscle.com can enter this contest including myself, other mods, round table experts, etc.. My motivation for winning might be to save the cost of another IM shirt and shipping. lol

Get the cameras rolling and let's get some kickass vids submitted!

Skip
                  Awesome. I am IN.
                  Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                  FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                  www.316fit.com
                  Email: [email protected]

Comment

This one I wanna see. Are push presses in as well or does it need to be done "strict"?
                    Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

How would this work for Uk based members as on the off chance we won shipping etc would be alot more ??
                      nabba north 2010 first timers - 6th place

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                        It can be ANY overhead press so it can be dumbbells, barbell, machine, etc..

There are no limitations on reps, whether it is a drop set, RP, etc.. Whatever YOU think will contribute to showing Intensity. Please note that doing more reps doesn't necessarily mean that it is more intense.

Judging should be on ALL aspects of the video as it pertains to Intensity including but not limited to: form, poundage, reps, duration of the set, rep style and tempo and creativity.
                        Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
                        This one I wanna see. Are push presses in as well or does it need to be done "strict"?
                        I would consider a push press an overhead press. You could do a log press, an axle press, lift a VW bug off the ground and overhead press it, press your wife overhead until she vomits, or simply sit down on a selectorized overhead press machine and bang out a set that makes adrenaline seep out of people's pores just watching.

Press something over head while your upper body is upright (perpendicular to the floor / ground) and I'd call that an overhead press.

-S

-S
                        The Book Has Arrived!
                        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up.
                          Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
                            Awesome, thanks for clearing that up.
                            Time for kickin' some ass!!!

-S
                            The Book Has Arrived!
                            The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                            2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                            2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

This is one I am gonna really try to do. I'm down 40lbs since my back surgery and am just now trying to put muscle back on so I probably won't post a vid till close to the end of the month.... I know size and strength should have nothing to do with how "intense" a set is but I'll just feel better posting it. Real happy to see the options cause I can't do any free wt over head presses with my cuffs but can do them on a cpl machines so that gives me a chance to still post a vid. I really suck at editing vids though so I gotta post a thread asking for advice on that...lol.

Well I got a months to get something together.... Here goes nothing.
                              Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                              Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                              Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                              X