Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPC Natural contests

I am looking at doing a comp next spring and here is my question:

I have used small doses of super supps in the past but haven't in quite some time. Is it fair for me to do a NPC Natural contest ever? How is this generally looked upon. I mean I know i could use some super supps and stop them a month or two before and test clean, but that doesn't seem too ethical to me.

I am on HRT of 160mg a week of test cyp and have been for over 4 years. Is this fair? Will this test me positive in an NPC drug test?

I guess I just want to be fair....... but is this something like NASCAR where you push that fine line of doing everything you can, but not getting caught? I'm really confused on it as I have seen first hand some guys around my area using, then doing a natural show....WTF?

Thanks,

-Ryno
    Want THE Magic Pill??!! Yea so do I!! Find the next best thing at trueprotein.com. For all your protein and supplement needs.

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

2010 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
    2009 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
    2007 Northern Michigan Natural Championships: 5th, Light-heavy

Plain and simple. The winners of "Natural" comps are not natural, I can care less what someone's on, I just feel you shouldn't have to cheat (compete with pure/lifetime drugfree) to win . Ryno, when I say you I'm not talking about you bc YOU have a conscious. Usually its defined and they will say usage within the last 2-5 years will eliminate you using the honor system. It's these other cat's that are afraid to compete in the untested federations, shows, meets etc.
    2010 USPF Push/Pull 198 Winner
    2010 USAPL AZ State 198 Open Raw Champion
    2010 USPF State Championships- Open 2nd place 198
    2011 USPF Region 7 198 Open Champion
    2011 USPF AZ RAWPower 198 Open Winner
    MPC Labs Sponsored Athlete

Comment

Thanks for the response.

I guess I will read the entry form rules and see what that time frame is.
      Want THE Magic Pill??!! Yea so do I!! Find the next best thing at trueprotein.com. For all your protein and supplement needs.

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

Comment

Originally posted by rynobull View Post
        Thanks for the response.

I guess I will read the entry form rules and see what that time frame is.
        I think most natural federations are 5 year periods.
        For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

In my opinion you should not compete in natural competitions if you have used illegal substances or substances that are not allowed in that federation. But that's just me.

Comment

Wouldn't any exogenous hormones (even only HRT) provide an upper hand over a true natural, because those (the test cyp) levels aren't effected by the rigours of contest prep (dieting/excessive cardio etc) like a true naturals levels would be? I think I remember reading in Lyle's UD2 book how most (true) natural bb, by the time of the contest, their natural levels are quite dramatically lowered...
            PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

You cant compete since your on T Cyp even if its Dr prescribed HRT. Also you would have to stop about 3+ months to possibly not test positive.
              I competed naturally for many years, I would not compete in a natural contest again even if I had been clean for the prerequisited 5-7 years or what ever the time frame is. But that is just me and my concious.
              2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
              2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
              2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
              2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
              2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
              2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
              *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
              88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
              88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

I see what your saying, that does indeed make sense as well. The extremes of contest prep would have to effect hormone levels and being on HRT would have to be of a benefit in that situation!

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                Wouldn't any exogenous hormones (even only HRT) provide an upper hand over a true natural, because those (the test cyp) levels aren't effected by the rigours of contest prep (dieting/excessive cardio etc) like a true naturals levels would be? I think I remember reading in Lyle's UD2 book how most (true) natural bb, by the time of the contest, their natural levels are quite dramatically lowered...

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

Comment

check with the promoter

Originally posted by MPC5000WATTS View Post
                  Plain and simple. The winners of "Natural" comps are not natural, I can care less what someone's on, I just feel you shouldn't have to cheat (compete with pure/lifetime drugfree) to win . Ryno, when I say you I'm not talking about you bc YOU have a conscious. Usually its defined and they will say usage within the last 2-5 years will eliminate you using the honor system. It's these other cat's that are afraid to compete in the untested federations, shows, meets etc.

comments like this are hilarious
                  CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
                  MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
                  2010 NGA Pro Universe
                  2010 NPC Monster Mash
                  2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
                  2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
                  2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
                  2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
                  2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
                  2008 NPC Ohio State
                  2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

From what I know npc "natural" require 1 year clean. I know of some guys on hrt who checked with the promoter and he was ok with it

Comment

Originally posted by bigoso View Post
                      I know of some guys on hrt who checked with the promoter and he was ok with it
                      Seems there's some truth to the old joke that if you're using less than a gram of Test a week, you're considered "natural."

Comment

Agree with Ben and see whay the promoter says. The NGA show near me even has even allowed those on hrt/trt to compete, but now they need something from their dr showing their levels. Some natural sanctions are different, with some having very strict guidelines on banned subs, while others allowing anything otc.

And if you aren't allowed, I wouldn't be sneaky about it. There are other non-tested shows you could do as well. Good luck.
                        2005 HOA Natural Classic
                        2006 OCB Midwest
                        2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                        2008 HOA Natural Classic
                        NPC Mid-Illinois
                        NPC Midwest Open
                        NPC Natural Grand Prix
                        2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                        USPA Illinois State
                        NGA Heart of America
                        NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

I checked the NPC Natural Ohio and it was 1 year.

Originally posted by bigoso View Post
                          From what I know npc "natural" require 1 year clean. I know of some guys on hrt who checked with the promoter and he was ok with it

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

Comment

I give you credit for asking and wanting feedback but you know what is rt. Inside you know what you are ok with. Just because you CAN do something (beat a test, compete in some.shows while on trt, etc...) Does not mean you should. Years ago I thought about it after I was off for a while and had been out of the gym.... I was looking around and checked some contests and some were lifetime, some were 7 years, some were less but even though I had not used in a while and was just getting back in the gym I still had an unfair advantage. I regained my size quick and got close to where I had been while I was on cause of muscle memory and the fact that my past drug use had "re-set my natural set point" and I know I was larger than I had if I had never used so I did not feel it was the right thing to do. We all know what is right....even if we try to convince ourselves otherwise. If I had competed and done well....what would it mean? Could I feel good about the trophy I got? I decided that for myself it was wrong and did not compete. I've know people that did compete in natural shows when they were far from natural and I was never impressed by their actions. Just ask yourself, what if you knew a guy that used gear before a natural show or even uses gear in the past and competed in a natural show....would their placing well impress you? Rt and wrong is pretty clear cut, we all know the difference even when we try to justify our own actions....we still know. If your past use falls under their "clean" rules then fine, nothing wrong with it but if it doesn't and you compete cause you can pass the test I would not. Integrity can't be bought by a piece of plastic (or at least it SHOULD NOT be). Let your personal rt and wrong guidelines guide you.

Best if luck, you sound like you want to do what's rt and I'm sure you will.

I know.... I know.... I'm real judgemental.
                            Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                            Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                            Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                            X