Thoughts/discussion on DMAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts/discussion on DMAA

I've been pretty interested with this compound for a while now, and I've actually been using it as a study aid. To the best of my knowledge, there haven't been many studies done on its effects on humans, but I've been able to suss a few things out by reading and experimenting with it myself.

I want to open an information/discussion thread on DMAA since I think it's a pretty interesting drug, and can be useful if used properly and safely. In the first part I want to mention a little of how it works and what it does, since I've seen some confusion about it. In the second part I will give my experience and impressions from using it.

(Also this is a reminder for me to type this up later).
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

I thought you threw it away, considering your lack of self control?
    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
    www.316fit.com
    Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
      I thought you threw it away, considering your lack of self control?
      I did, then ordered more. But surprisingly I've been using it under control lately. :twitch: The extreme structure and tight schedule I have during the semester keep me from spinning out too much.
      kind of a douche

Comment

did you order capsules this time... or at least a scale? lol

www.316fit.com

Comment

I have used it. There is a fine line between it being a productive/social drug and it having anti-social 'off-feeling' type effects.

I one time used the wrong one of my two scales; took 200mg instead of 20mg. For an hour, it felt like MDMA. For the following 36, I was in a fetal position in bed. The only time I have ever considered taking myself to the hospital.

Comment

I dont think anything compares to it in terms of increasing focus

I have not come across too many people that can't handle it either, unlike other stims like synephrine or YHCL
            CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
            MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
            2010 NGA Pro Universe
            2010 NPC Monster Mash
            2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
            2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
            2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
            2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
            2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
            2008 NPC Ohio State
            2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
              I dont think anything compares to it in terms of increasing focus

I have not come across too many people that can't handle it either, unlike other stims like synephrine or YHCL
              I gave my brother a 60mg pill once.. he hadn't tried it before but used a bunch of preworkouts (this was before jack3d was very popular)...

Put him in a freaking daze, he said he just felt out of it. He hated it....Now he loves the stuff.

www.316fit.com

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                I gave my brother a 60mg pill once.. he hadn't tried it before but used a bunch of preworkouts (this was before jack3d was very popular)...

Put him in a freaking daze, he said he just felt out of it. He hated it....Now he loves the stuff.
                That's the 'off' feeling I was trying to describe.

Comment

60mg is a hefty dose

I'm talking more like 25-30mg

I think the people who have negative reactions to it are using 40-60mg (or more like Sammich) and wondering why they are having issues
                  CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
                  MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
                  2010 NGA Pro Universe
                  2010 NPC Monster Mash
                  2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
                  2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
                  2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
                  2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
                  2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
                  2008 NPC Ohio State
                  2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

I haven't been able to really get a decent amount it seems, I need to buy capsules that are pre-measured out. I think I've taken too much, then taken too little, haven't been able to actually get a feel for a decent dosage.
                    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                      60mg is a hefty dose

I'm talking more like 25-30mg

I think the people who have negative reactions to it are using 40-60mg (or more like Sammich) and wondering why they are having issues
                      Yeah, taking more than the 25mg range is where you start getting issues with blood pressure and paradoxically crashing energy levels. I actually don't like it for lifting anymore due to experiencing those issues even at miniscule doses, but then again I'm pretty sensitive to chemicals.

Originally posted by mark! View Post
                      I haven't been able to really get a decent amount it seems, I need to buy capsules that are pre-measured out. I think I've taken too much, then taken too little, haven't been able to actually get a feel for a decent dosage.
                      I think the best thing to do is get a milligram sensitive scale or use a supplement that has the DMAA diluted enough to measure it out accurately. But the problem there is I don't know of any supplements that list how much DMAA they contain on the label.

I keep coming back and write the stuff that I intended to and I keep getting distracted by something shiny. I promise I'll do it soon.
                      kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                        Yeah, taking more than the 25mg range is where you start getting issues with blood pressure and paradoxically crashing energy levels. I actually don't like it for lifting anymore due to experiencing those issues even at miniscule doses, but then again I'm pretty sensitive to chemicals.

I think the best thing to do is get a milligram sensitive scale or use a supplement that has the DMAA diluted enough to measure it out accurately. But the problem there is I don't know of any supplements that list how much DMAA they contain on the label.

I keep coming back and write the stuff that I intended to and I keep getting distracted by something shiny. I promise I'll do it soon.
                        .001g scales that are accurate are way too expensive for the average DMAA user.

Good .01g scales can be had for reasonable prices on Amazon. Learning how to accurately measure chemicals is also advised. For info on this, there are some good articles if you search recreational drug type forums. I'm not going to link to them, sorry.

My best advice?

You can ALWAYS take more, but you CAN'T "un-take" any drug.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post

Good .01g scales can be had for reasonable prices on Amazon. Learning how to accurately measure chemicals is also advised. For info on this, there are some good articles if you search recreational drug type forums. I'm not going to link to them, sorry.

My best advice?

You can ALWAYS take more, but you CAN'T "un-take" any drug.
                          Yes, this. True Protein has a decigram-sensitive scale (which I ordered), so that will let you measure out 10 or 20 milligrams, which is the recommended dose.

Milligram-sensitive scales aren't as expensive as you might think. Here's one on Amazon for about $20: http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh...6396755&sr=8-1
                          kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                            Yes, this. True Protein has a decigram-sensitive scale (which I ordered), so that will let you measure out 10 or 20 milligrams, which is the recommended dose.

Milligram-sensitive scales aren't as expensive as you might think. Here's one on Amazon for about $20: http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh...6396755&sr=8-1

I looked extensively at that scale, the mixed reviews turned me off

Comment

I looked extensively at that scale, the mixed reviews turned me off
                              Ah, point taken. At any rate, there are ways to measure out the amount of DMAA you're taking (to needed accuracy). And you really want to be sure not to take too much, because dropping a lot sucks. :Cry:
                              kind of a douche

Comment

Working...
                              X