Hernia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hernia

Hey all, last week I gave myself an awesome hernia during a baseball game. I twisted while a ball came at me, pivoted to my left on my right leg and there was a cool pop, then a lot of pain. I can't tense up much, and moving my right leg laterally is pretty much a no go.

I see my dr on Wed to find out about my options and the results of my ultrasound. I am guessing surgery. Has anyone had hernia surgery (I know, there are many different kinds) and what is the recovery time (ish?)
    Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
    BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

I had umbilical hernia surgery around Labor Day 2009. Surgery itself was relatively quick, and mrs. slide was driving me home about 30-45mins after the procedure. They did a general anasthetic and they gave me percs or vics after (I dont remember which one...but, whatever they gave me didnt work for my toothache, that resulted in a root canal about five days after the hernia surgery...for that, they gave me the other one).

No lifting for one month and only light, light work for the next month after that as well. I was able to start a 'real' session after the first of the year. With that, I was able to come back fresh/rested, which I think resulted in being stronger than I ever was. I also did a show in June, and was bigger/harder there than the previous show.

Certainly not the end of the world, but probably slow going for a couple months, my friend. Good luck..keep us posted.

-slide
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

thanks for the info. I do recall the emerg doc saying umbilical hernia, so sounds the same. This sucks. Everytime I try and make a change in my life, something happens. 3 months ago, I got hit with $14000 in debt all at once, dealing with it, but it took a chunk out of my life. Now that thats under control, this happens.

Well, I will do what I can in the meantime. Something is better than nothing, and I may as well get use out of my membership.

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Comment

Best of luck glyder

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
        [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
        Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Best of luck on your recuperation. Do a forum search for hernia, a bunch of us have had them and posted about them.
          Last edited by Andre Gregoire; 09-12-2011, 10:55 AM.
          If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
          http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
          2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
          2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Getting in today rather than wed to see my dr. Turned in bed wrong last night, and now I am in severe pain. This sucks. lol I have to type that I am lol, but I am not cause it hurts to laugh haha. Sneezing really sucks

Will check out the hernia threads, good idea thanks Andre

Comment

Great news, looks like its a severely pulled groin. May have torn some tendons/ligaments. She confirmed NO hernia, but is sending me for another ultrasound just to make sure. Told me to ice it and rest and do nothing strenuous just give it a few weeks and let it heal.

Going to goto physio for a bit to see if I need it, and then have another checkup in a month and see how its going.

Comment

Great news!

So no bruising in the groin area?

Whens your MRI?
                [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

goodluck

Comment

Didn't have an MRI, just another ultrasound where they confirmed no hernia, which makes me happy. I had a ton of bruising, my twig an berries were an interesting shade of purple, and my upper inner right leg was a huge mass off bruise...and I never bruise lol...I was shocked.

I have just a bit of bruising left, feeling pretty good but still very cautious about getting up/sitting down, turning etc. I find that if I move too quickly, I feel it. I am stretching and I started some very light cardio. Next week I will start some light weights. I haven't gone to the rehab yet, I will give them a call tomorrow and at least see the therapist.

If they say I should (which they probably will) I will start hopefully next week as well since the swelling has really gone down. I just don't want to start too aggressively and risk injuring it again.

Comment

Working...
                    X