• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack Deads Today 585 x 7 and 495 x 11

Geez this rack is noisy.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFhnSu-0sbc[/YOUTUBE]

Nice pulling!

Comment

Nice long range of motion for rack pulls. A lot of times you will see guys pulling for only like 6-8 inches.
      If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
      http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
      2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
      2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Nice work! (Surprised you're not getting more kudos here...)

-S
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I'm clearly not cool enough Scott, clearly.

Last edited by DOHCrazy; 09-10-2011, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Very nice pullin!
            The only easy day is yesterday

Comment

Nice pulls!

Some posts Scott made about deads being "DNA changers" and your video got me to throw them back in my routine. So thanks for the motivation!

I stopped doing floor deads, as my back started to get beat up after about 365 on the bar and I had worries about longevity.

I never really did Rack deads, as I didn't feel they did much. I tried them again yesterday after reading one of Scott's post saying to arch the back throughout and minimize leg involvement (to hit the back)...I felt it a great deal more.

Not looking to hijack your thread, just wanted to give a long thanks, hah! I'll start my own thread on best practices for rack dead form.

Keep progressing dude and post vids when you break 600+!

Comment

Nice work there. Heavy weight, and you certainly controlled it well.

-slide
                "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Do your kneecaps ever hurt? I don't know if I slam the weight down on them or what because I don't feel anything during the set, but after I do rack deads below the knee, the next day the tops of my kneecaps are crazy sore to the touch. Almost feels like my bones are bruised, haha.

P.S. Nice pulling!!!
                  2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                    Do your kneecaps ever hurt? I don't know if I slam the weight down on them or what because I don't feel anything during the set, but after I do rack deads below the knee, the next day the tops of my kneecaps are crazy sore to the touch. Almost feels like my bones are bruised, haha.

P.S. Nice pulling!!!
                    No, worst I can say that happens to me is just minor surface scrapes from the knurling.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
                      I'm clearly not cool enough Scott, clearly.

Wearing Intensemuscle clothing always helps.

Originally posted by jwbond View Post
                      Nice pulls!

Some posts Scott made about deads being "DNA changers" and your video got me to throw them back in my routine. So thanks for the motivation!

I stopped doing floor deads, as my back started to get beat up after about 365 on the bar and I had worries about longevity.

I never really did Rack deads, as I didn't feel they did much. I tried them again yesterday after reading one of Scott's post saying to arch the back throughout and minimize leg involvement (to hit the back)...I felt it a great deal more.

Not looking to hijack your thread, just wanted to give a long thanks, hah! I'll start my own thread on best practices for rack dead form.

Keep progressing dude and post vids when you break 600+!
                      I have the same issue with my back getting beat up, but for me, it's when I'm up in the 600+lb range. I really dig going up higher but when I do, I start feeling that the spine and SI joints just don't seem to like that over the long haul...

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                        Wearing Intensemuscle clothing always helps.
                        The lady friend bought me a bunch of Gasp stuff from Wade over at Fitgr. I thought that would do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
                          The lady friend bought me a bunch of Gasp stuff from Wade over at Fitgr. I thought that would do the trick.
                          More swagger needed?...

More yelling?...

"Light weight, Skip!"

"Intensemuscle, Baby!!!! Woooo-oooohhhh!!!!"

-S
                          The Book Has Arrived!
                          The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

o_O
                            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                            kind of a douche

Comment

Nice pulls man! I just got 495 x 7 last week, can't wait to get another plate on there.

What is your guys opinion on doing touch and go vs. reseting in between each rep? Reseting is harder imo, but it seems like touch and go would keep constant tension on the muscle and might be better for growth.

Comment

Working...
                              X