Incomplete protein - count it or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incomplete protein - count it or not?

Ok guys i really want some clarity on this topic.Why everywhere on the net and all the magazines people say never count incomplete protein?I believe that you should not rely on such protein sources ,but other than that ,there is no difference and one should also count protein in foods like nuts,oats,etc.
    What do you think, guys ?

I never do....
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Me neither ,but in my country prices of food are getting absurdly high,recently and i just want to know if those 50-60g of incomplete protein in my diet are good to go, when i have over 1g/lbs of complete protein.

Comment

I never do either, but I do think that some people go a little crazy with the protein anyhow. I don't see the need for a natural athlete to go above a gram and a half. Otherwise a gram and a half to two grams may be optimal, but I have done some experimenting with some people using as little as .8 grams per pound of weight and actually seen better results. Mind you this is dependent on the individual and the type of diet being used. In my example the trainee was using an UP DAY/DOWN DAY Protocol utilizing an extremely high carb day. This seems to compensate and be muscle sparing.
        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I also believe that if other macros are in check there is no need for more than 1g/lbs of complete protein a day for a natural athlete.I based this on my own experience ,cuz i also got better results overall once i dropped my protein intake.

Comment

When you guys say you see better results, do you mean you are getting stronger with less protein? Or that lower overall calorie intake from reducing protein made you leaner and appear more muscular?
            Max Muscle
            5020 Katella Ave.
            Los Alamitos, CA 90720
            www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Not
              "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
              2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
              2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
              2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
              2002 NPC Western Carolina:
              2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

I always do

unless you eat pretty much the same foods every day for the same meals, it'll throw your totals off by a potentially large margin
                CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
                MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
                2010 NGA Pro Universe
                2010 NPC Monster Mash
                2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
                2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
                2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
                2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
                2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
                2008 NPC Ohio State
                2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

I count it. Calories matter. Different incomplete proteins complete each other especially if you have some variety in your diet.

My carbs are pretty low (100-200g per day) so I am not getting a lot of incomplete protein anyway.
                  If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                  http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                  2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                  2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Gregoire View Post
                    I count it. Calories matter. Different incomplete proteins complete each other especially if you have some variety in your diet.

My carbs are pretty low (100-200g per day) so I am not getting a lot of incomplete protein anyway.
                    Same. I use software to count my calories so I just use the final number it gives me. I always eat it with something containing (lot of) animal protein so it doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                    X