The sport loses another competitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sport loses another competitor

Had to confirm and be sure this was accurate (even though the source would never had said it if it wasn't) - Australian Bodybuilder Luke Wood has passed after complications after a kidney transplant. I don't have the details and I am not sure the details are terribly important. What is sad is someone else lost their life from kidney issues at a very young age. I hear he was to be married in 6 weeks.

I had worked with him in the past but hadn't had any contact with him for several years.

Just a sad, sad story that I am hearing all too often these days.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Is this possibly from the pursuit of more as a competitor?
    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Honestly, I just don't know. It was probably about ... 05 that I worked with him so I just don't recall details. Still, just sad no matter if his lifestyle caused it or not. I would imagine it did in some fashion but ... I just don't know.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Sad. he was a great guy.
        people around him were warning him about some of the things he used to do.
        Doherty posted about it in the past.
        he was so young , and seemd to handle dialysis very well.
        "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
        J.M.

Comment

So sad to lose such a young guy !

May he rest in peace and condolences to his family and friends !
          True Protein 5% discount code: JVM902

What we do in life... echoes in eternity !

Comment

Anyone know if the kidney issue why he retired, what a few years ago now? Sorry to hear that, he seemed like a good guy.

Comment

he had kidney problems for a while, lots of rumours circulating what caused it, people said he had it from a kid but to think the life of a Pro BB'er didnt contribute in some way would be a bit naive

I do remember him posting on having to use bcaa's instead of protein powder's to give his kidneys some relief but i guess his goal in life at this stage should have been anything but bb'ing and more on being a health freak

have never heard anyone say a bad thing about the bloke, would talk to anyone and everyone. Very sad that a good one has gone.

I also remember him talking about the "shitloading" he did for a comp a hew years back

Comment

If he had pre-existing renal problems, then the things associated with a pro-BB lifestyle (high protein intake, supplements, AAS, high blood pressure) could have very easily pushed it over the edge.
                Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                kind of a douche

Comment

Sad. Even more sad if the sport contributed. Didn't Dante work with him?
                  International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                  Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

I knew Luke personally and yes we Aussies are all reeling from this tragedy.

I dont feel like going into the details of causal factors at this point in time but will say this. Luke never once bitched and moaned and asked "why me??" he just got on with dealing with his medical problems.

It ripped his heart out to have to abandon his pro BBing dream but he took the cards dealt him and carried himself with dignity. I have never heard a member of the extended Aussie BBing community say a bad word about him.

His funeral is next Thursday and hundreds if not thousands of Aussie friends, family and fans will see him on his way.

RIP mate, you will always be remembered.
                    "Beneath all suffering.........lies the beauty of opportunity"

Comment

Folk from all over the word are posting their respect and condolences on Luke's passing in this thread in the Aussie forum at anabolex.com

http://www.anabolex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69548

If anyone knew Luke or wanted to send a kind word it would be appreciated, his fiance is reading the thread and seeing how much he was respected by the BBing community.

MA92
                      "Beneath all suffering.........lies the beauty of opportunity"

Comment

Rip

Comment

Always tragic to see young people pass away for whatever reason.

Very sad indeed.

R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                          X