Healthy sauces for chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy sauces for chicken

Im at the point where I hate clean food.

Watched dusty talking how his cook adds sauce and also dipping sauce.

Can anyone recomend good sauces?
    [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
    Save 5% on all orders.

http://waldenfarms.com/

Order some or see if you can find somewhere that sells it near you.
    TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

I buy the Walden Farms BBQ sauce. It's good stuff, you can pick it up at a local Wal Mart (that's the only place around me that sells it anyway). It's pretty expensive at $3.50+ per bottle, though.

I can't vouch for everyone but in my past experience, grilling chicken that was marinated with the WF BBQ sauce is a waste. The sauce is not thick enough to stay on the chicken like Sweet Baby Ray's. Personally, I just use WF BBQ sauce for dipping.

Good luck,

BTH

Comment

Thanks

It's so hard cause I literally sprinkle seasonings then cook and suffer as I eat.

Watching dusty he makes a good point.....use sauces.. bake the potatoes with dill etc.

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

It really depends on how strict you are going to be. A little bit of real BBQ sauce or Ketchup in the offseason surely won't hurt you. Neither will a REAL marinade or any other type of sauce. Just check the labels and make sure they're not too far out of bounds..

Pre-contest, walden's farm, soy sauce, mustard, and low carb ketchup are the only things I use.. Even then, they make Mustard that is jalapeno and a bunch of different blends - so you can typically make things taste pretty good without spending an arm and a leg on walden's farm stuff.
          Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
          FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
          www.316fit.com
          Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
            It really depends on how strict you are going to be. A little bit of real BBQ sauce or Ketchup in the offseason surely won't hurt you. Neither will a REAL marinade or any other type of sauce. Just check the labels and make sure they're not too far out of bounds..

Pre-contest, walden's farm, soy sauce, mustard, and low carb ketchup are the only things I use.. Even then, they make Mustard that is jalapeno and a bunch of different blends - so you can typically make things taste pretty good without spending an arm and a leg on walden's farm stuff.

I agree, I use ketchup regularly during the off season. When it comes to BBQ sauces, I tend to stay away altogether. I know for a fact that regular Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ is 70 cals per serving (2 tbsp). That's pretty calorie dense for what it is.

-BTH

Comment

start marinating. there are literally hundreds of thousands of different marinades out there for chicken. You can make anything taste good. Google chicken marinades.

it literally blows my mind when people say they cant make stuff taste good.

Rub some smoked paprika, black pepper, salt and garlic on a chicken breast. Put it on an iron skillet that is very hot and cook 4 minutes a side. Tasty ass blackened chicken breast with no added calories.

Comment

My staples are
                1.)Lowry's seasoning salt

and

2.)Frank's Red Hot- they make it in several delicious flavors, including sweet chili if you need something sweet, and you can buy it by the gallon. It is also nice because it doesn't need to be refrigerated.
                2010 NPC North Star

Comment

All great ideas above. 2 of the biggest problem ingredients in most sauces are sodium and sugar. Neither should be an issue in the off-seaon. Just read the ingredients so you have an idea what is in there and use in moderation....remember Skip's Guinea pig experiment.
                  There are also some salad dressings that are great on chicken and/or steaks. There's "Ken's" brand that makes an olive-oil vinegrette that is incredible. Be creative just be aware.
                  -KidRok-
                  "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                  5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Thanks everyone so much.

Just ate 16oz chicken
                    1.5 cup rice
                    Dipped in Walden farms bbq
                    Sauteed onions also

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by mister69 View Post
                      Thanks everyone so much.

Just ate 16oz chicken
                      1.5 cup rice
                      Dipped in Walden farms bbq
                      Sauteed onions also
                      You could have had less rice and used real BBQ sauce if you wanted to. Cheaper and tastier.
                      Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                      FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                      www.316fit.com
                      Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                        You could have had less rice and used real BBQ sauce if you wanted to. Cheaper and tastier.
                        This^

Why ask for low carb/calorie sauce when you're eating 1.5 cups rice?

Comment

Good point guys... just wanted to see what sauces everyone was using.

Appreciate all the replies

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
                            This^

Why ask for low carb/calorie sauce when you're eating 1.5 cups rice?
                            Yep. Agreed.
                            TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

Lemon juice, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, siracha (chili garlic sauce), sambal (spicy Southeast Asian condiment made, in its simplest form, from chile peppers and salt)low sodium soy sauce, mustard, all the Walden Farms sauces, Worcestershire sauce, low sodium salsa (usually about 10 kcal serving)...

I mix and match different sauces with herbs and spices. Stuff like balsamic and rosemary; lime and cilantro; chiles with anise, clove, cinnamon and fennel; lemon with Italian herbs or cracked pepper...
                              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
                              X