Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gluten Free Skipload

Hello everyone,

I just switched my Skiploads to gluten free and wanted to start a thread on gluten free recipes or ideas that everyone could use. I find that when I do my loads gluten free I experience less bloat and discomfort. I was also having serious complications with my allergies when my loads involved gluten. I normally suffer from allergies (stuffy nose, itchy throat and eyes etc.) but when I skiploaded it would become extreme espcially by the end of the day.

Keep the ideas coming if you have any.

Gluten Free Pancakes

1 cup milk (I use Lactose Free Skim)
    1 2/3 cup rice flour
    1 egg
    1/4 cup egg white
    4 tbsp sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 tbsp baking powder

Beat everything together in a large mixing bowl. I do 30 second on low speed and 2 minutes on medium until lumps are gone.

Optional: Any topping you want. I add in some chocolate chips sometimes and/or marshmellows.

I also make rice krispy squares that I find are great.

1 tsp butter (blue bonnet from walmart low fat)
    2 tsp vanilla
    1 tbsp water
    1 bag of mini marshmellows
    6-7 cups rice krispies

Put butter, vanilla and water into bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Add marshmellows. Microwave until they are melted, stir half way through is best. Add in rice krispies. Stir until consistent. Add more rice krispies until they are the way you want they. I like them more marshmellowy.

Optional: Try doing 1/2 regular and 1/2 frosted rice krispies for something different.

Gluten Free Cupcakes

1 box gluten free cupcake mix
    substitute butter for unsweetened apple sauce
    Betty Crocker low fat icing

I like vanilla for both cake and icing but it is up to you.

Honey Nut or Cinnamon Chex

Keep the ideas coming!!!!

look into buckwheat flour and rice milk.

great when going gluten free and trying to make ure own stuff.

here in the uk we have some good gluten free things such as crumpets,cereals,waffles etc and sprouted spelt raisen bread is always a fave addition of mine.

rice pudding as well
    nabba north 2010 first timers - 6th place

Comment

I recently started going gluten free on my skiploads as well. My body seems to burn through the food much faster and I don't get that nasty, hung over feeling the next day. My staples are light pringles, applesauce, fruity pebbles and lucky charms, fruity pebble cereal bars, instant mashed potatoes, swedish fish, and gluten-free pot brownies.
      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
        I recently started going gluten free on my skiploads as well. My body seems to burn through the food much faster and I don't get that nasty, hung over feeling the next day. My staples are light pringles, applesauce, fruity pebbles and lucky charms, fruity pebble cereal bars, instant mashed potatoes, swedish fish, and gluten-free pot brownies.
        No carb hangover? Say it ain't so!
        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
        www.316fit.com
        Email: [email protected]

Comment

lol
          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
          kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
            I still get fantastic gas, but don't feel like sit at all, that day or the next. Another cool thing is my poops the next day look like jellyfish or big, solid chunks of leucine.
            2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
              lol
              I was wondering who would catch that. Can you imagine how much junk food you could put away if you actually incorporated pot into Skiploads? GDAs ain't got shit on THC!
              2010 NPC North Star

Comment

I find that I can put back more food as well. It seems to be lighter for some reason even though it is not. I am going to have to find some gluten free lucky charms. Gluten Free Brownies I am going to try this weekend.

Do you just sub the butter for applesauce? Does it turn out okay?

I still get gas as well but at least I am able to go to the washroom throughout the day. before I would go once and then not until the next day. Felt like shit!

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                  No puffy eyes in the morning either! And no feeling like you only slept 2 hours.

This sounds like an infomercial.

Comment

Originally posted by stack3d View Post
                    I find that I can put back more food as well. It seems to be lighter for some reason even though it is not. I am going to have to find some gluten free lucky charms. Gluten Free Brownies I am going to try this weekend.

Do you just sub the butter for applesauce? Does it turn out okay?

I still get gas as well but at least I am able to go to the washroom throughout the day. before I would go once and then not until the next day. Felt like shit!
                    I don't bake, it takes too much time. I just drink the applesauce from the jar.
                    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by stack3d View Post
                      No puffy eyes in the morning either! And no feeling like you only slept 2 hours.

This sounds like an infomercial.
                      ok...good to hear I'm not the only one that gets puffy eyes after a skipload

Comment

Old thread but gonna bump it with some questions i have. I'm 99% sure that fruity pebbles, lucky charms and cereal bars ARE NOT gluten free, it's impossible to find gluten free products. Anyone have any suggestions for gluten free things you dont have to bake?

Comment

Actually most cereals these days like the ones mentioned above are avilable gluten free...at least in the USA.
                          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
                            Old thread but gonna bump it with some questions i have. I'm 99% sure that fruity pebbles, lucky charms and cereal bars ARE NOT gluten free, it's impossible to find gluten free products. Anyone have any suggestions for gluten free things you dont have to bake?
                            Every grocery store I've been to in the area has an entire gluten free aisle.
                            …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Chex cereals are gluten free. In the US at least gluten-free Rice Krispies are available, as well as a number of specialty/"health food" brands (e.g., Erewhon).

I now return to lurk mode.

Originally posted by MachMood View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X