Mr. Olympia 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Olympia 2011

Ok, let's run this down. I won't pull any punches and most people know I am a fan of my friend Phil Heath. I think that it may have been close last year and not many would have argued had Phil won it over Jay but I think this year Phil will undoubtedly win it and deservedly so.

I respect the opinions of others and so I am curious as to who you think is a favorite this year. Though I am not a Kai fan (at least of him, personally), he has made solid strides and should be in the top 5. I don't see him beating Phil or even going top 3, though.

Say what you want about Phil but no one improves as much as he does, year after year, and he won't be off with his conditioning as he never is. If I wasn't already rolling through Las Vegas on my way to San Diego on my Harley a week earlier, I would hold off for a week and take in the O on the way through.

Thoughts?

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

I'm a Phil Heath guy as well, so I really hope he gets it this time, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if Jay or Kai took it either. I got my tickets to the night show on Saturday and it will be my first Olympia, can't wait.

Comment

I'm rooting for Roelly Winklaar. If only because I'm from the same island as he is.

But I also think he has one of the best physiques out there.
      Last edited by Carlito Gambino; 08-18-2011, 06:57 AM.
      Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

I think Jay, Kay, Phil will be top 3 and Branch 4th, no idea who will be next few guys this year has been pretty lack luster as far as pro bodybuilding goes. I wasn't very impressed by anyone at the smaller shows.
        If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
        http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
        2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
        2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

I think Skip Hill is gonna take it all!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
            I'm rooting for Roelly Winklaar. If only because I'm from the same island as he is.

But I also think he has one of the best physiques out there.
            Roelly is out due to an injury(jaw).

I want to see Phil win as well. Killer physique, and if he improved as much this year, as he has other years, then I can see it happening.

Comment

I think Jay has got to be the frontrunner, he is looking good at four weeks out. I haven't seen any footage of Phil yet. Branch is also looking very good, he's already got his grainy, crazy hard appearance going. I feel Branch could be a contender if it wasn't for his torn lat. It is really apparent if you know it's there, but he does do a good job of not exposing it.
              Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

Phil Heath 4 weeks out

Bryan

Colorado Patriot Guard Rider

Comment

What are your guys thoughts on d.wolf?
                  SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Here is a couple vids I found of Jay and Phil:
                    http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...1-olympia.html

http://www.flexonline.com/news/heath-blasts-back

Jay is looking like a mutant.

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                      What are your guys thoughts on d.wolf?
                      It would be awesome to see a totally diced Dennis. He really has the structure of a champ. Weak points seem to be his calves (judging off of 'Longevity,' calves don't matter), lower back possibly, and maybe hammys?

Comment

curious if Wolf is working with anyone, or doing his own thing. from rumors it appears he has a hard time making sound decisions the last week and always worries about being too full compared to conditioned, or balanced i would say. but that's from an interview i heard about his time with chad nichols.

looks like heath's chest came up nicely, to me that was def his weak point, excited to see him on stage this year. i think it's his show to win, i just dont see how the judges will keep awarding jay 1st, he's just not as crisp all around as others, but obviously has more mass. guys are catching up to him, it's only a matter of time until heath takes it IMO. i would say this year.
                        2009- Muscle Mayhem 2nd place lightweights
                        2009- Mo State Champ 1st place lightweights
                        2010- Muscle Mayhem 9th place middleweights

next show
                        2012- Mo State Championships middleweight

Official NANBF Judge

Comment

Originally posted by johngorman View Post
                          curious if Wolf is working with anyone, or doing his own thing. from rumors it appears he has a hard time making sound decisions the last week and always worries about being too full compared to conditioned, or balanced i would say. but that's from an interview i heard about his time with chad nichols.

looks like heath's chest came up nicely, to me that was def his weak point, excited to see him on stage this year. i think it's his show to win, i just dont see how the judges will keep awarding jay 1st, he's just not as crisp all around as others, but obviously has more mass. guys are catching up to him, it's only a matter of time until heath takes it IMO. i would say this year.
                          Phils chest was for sure the first thing I noticed. I don't know if you can say Jay is not as crisp as the others though. The vids I've seen of him lately training arms and chest he is looking pretty dense and lean right now.
                          It's definately Jays show to lose, and it will be close between him and Phil I think. It's always one thing to compare at four weeks out, but how they look on D day and standing next to one another is something else.
                          If Jay is in top condition he will walk away with another Sandow.
                          Please nobody take offense to this, I know a lot of you guys are Phil fans, hell I even like the guy, I just think is the future Mr. O when Jay is done.
                          :peep:

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                            Phils chest was for sure the first thing I noticed. I don't know if you can say Jay is not as crisp as the others though. The vids I've seen of him lately training arms and chest he is looking pretty dense and lean right now.
                            It's definately Jays show to lose, and it will be close between him and Phil I think. It's always one thing to compare at four weeks out, but how they look on D day and standing next to one another is something else.
                            If Jay is in top condition he will walk away with another Sandow.
                            Please nobody take offense to this, I know a lot of you guys are Phil fans, hell I even like the guy, I just think is the future Mr. O when Jay is done.
                            :peep:
                            I really wanted to see Phil with more quad size. I thought they looked a little small in comparison to Branch/Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
                              Roelly is out due to an injury(jaw).

I want to see Phil win as well. Killer physique, and if he improved as much this year, as he has other years, then I can see it happening.
                              Ah shit...thanks for the info. I haven't really been following the road to the Olympia so I thought he was still in. In that case...I'm not sure, my picks are probably Hidetada Yamagishi and Dennis Wolf.
                              Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Working...
                              X