Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Dennis Wolf's secret to his crazy leg sweep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Dennis Wolf's secret to his crazy leg sweep?

As many of you know, Dennis Wolf has pretty crazy legs. If you don't know, this is him:

And then I stumbled across one of his leg videos and he's doing these, just thought I'd share. If you guys had any experience with this exercise, feel free to chime in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4nzfGyCunk&t=7m23s
    Max Muscle
    5020 Katella Ave.
    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

I think Wolf's secret to his crazy leg sweep rests in the DNA of Mom and Dad.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
      A rational and reasonable answer?...

NOT IN MY THREAD.
      Max Muscle
      5020 Katella Ave.
      Los Alamitos, CA 90720
      www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Dammit...I was gonna say this. I'm gonna go and sit in a corner and cry now.
        Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
          A rational and reasonable answer?...

NOT IN MY THREAD.
          A Charles Glass favorite. I've seen them done on a leg press, horizontal leg press (e.g.., Dennis James most recently), and on the hack squat like that.

And yes, since this is your thread, that single exercise completely explains the prominent m. vastus lateralis of Herr Wolf. There is no doubt about that contention and that is the final answer. (I await your thanks and will then close this thread as there is no more discussion needed.)

-S
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Kinda reminds me of what DC said. The trick to advanced guys is you have to get weird with your exercises and really think outside the box.
            The only easy day is yesterday

Comment

How is this different then a lunge in muscle function? If you're bored I guess go for it...
              Carlos Rodriguez
              IFBB Pro League BBer
              IFBB Pro League Judge
              NPC National Judge
              As iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Prov 27:17
              www.facebook.com/PastorPump

Comment

[YOUTUBE]Z-ZYbKqXxOE[/YOUTUBE]

Skip to 3:52, similar movement but done with your back on the pad. These hurt.

Comment

I think u may b correct!
                  If your not ripping a tendon your not working the muscle to its fullest capacity!

I just kinda feel if the weight wasn't so heavy, I could lift it:
                  :bb::dancingna:bb::dancingna:bb::dancingna
                  Living for the INSULIN SPIKE!

Comment

I saw Jay Cutler doing something similiar in one of his vids, and his reasoning for doing it was the standard answer on an IFBB pros video - "To get some blood in there." lol

Comment

Dennis Wolf is a stud.

That might explain the leg sweep too.
                      True Protein Discount Code: AWC155

Comment

Now that the Wolf has discovered the secret leg exercise he needs to starts searching for the secret back exercise
                        If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                        http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                        2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                        2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by grit View Post
                          Dennis Wolf is a stud.
                          stud -noun 1. a male animal, as a bull or ram, kept for breeding.
                          Yeah, I'm pretty sure with the amount of juice he's on that no one's gonna be using him for breeding anytime soon.
                          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                          kind of a douche

Comment

Talking about juice is boring...I'd rather attribute his sick sweep to something more interesting
                            True Protein Discount Code: AWC155

Comment

Interesting exercise - basically a split squat that takes your back out of it.
                              www.JasonWojo.com | www.TrueProtein.com

Proud to be a TRUE PROTEIN Sponsored Athlete (use the code WOJO for a discount on orders)

Get your official DC Training DVD here

Comment

Working...
                              X