Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you find to be most annoying when you are in the gym?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do you find to be most annoying when you are in the gym?

    Just curious as to what most of you feel is the most annoying thing you encounter while you're in the gym.

    For me I'd have to say it's all of the guys that walk around claiming how strong/bad ass they are with their big upper bodies and their chicken legs. I swear I don't know what is with people these days. Everybody is so concerned with getting big and yet the two most power/size adding movements (Squat and Deadlift) are neglected. Kind of ironic isn't it?

    -BTH

  • #2
    People who pay too much attention to what everyone else is doing.

    Mind your own fucking business and do what you need to do.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sammich View Post
      People who pay too much attention to what everyone else is doing.

      Mind your own fucking business and do what you need to do.
      Agreed, however when your waiting for the two power racks and someone is curling in one and 1/8th squatting in the other, wtf are you supposed to do besides more warming up?
      For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

      Comment


      • #4
        The idiots who think think are powerlifting and insist on dropping the loaded bar from chest height
        Bryan


        Colorado Patriot Guard Rider

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sammich View Post
          People who pay too much attention to what everyone else is doing.

          Mind your own fucking business and do what you need to do.
          Agreed....I'm in there and want to get done all of my shit ASAP. I just can't stand it when guys spend 30 minutes on something because of all the damn talking they do. Or they walk away (talking somewhere else) then come back and expect you to get off of the piece of equipment because they aren't done.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
            Agreed, however when your waiting for the two power racks and someone is curling in one and 1/8th squatting in the other, wtf are you supposed to do besides more warming up?
            Tell them you will be working in with them :hat:
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

            - Success is the best revenge

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LG1 View Post
              Tell them you will be working in with them :hat:
              I like using the phrase, "Would it pose a problem for me to work in?" That way if they say yes, then you can put them on the spot and ask what the problem is. Chances are they won't feel like explaining so they just let you go. Then, when they see you load up the barbell they kindly walk away :showoff:
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

              Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

              2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

              Comment


              • #8
                When some one decides its a good idea to do db curls 8 inches away from the dumbbell rack effectively blocking access to anyone to the entire rack.
                If stupidity were bricks, you'd be the great wall of China

                Comment


                • #9
                  nothing really. There are douchebags a plenty but there are cool people as well. Me and my partner just move onto to something else if there's a gaggle of people socializing around a certain piece of equipment. We have work to do lol.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BuiltToHurtMD View Post
                    Just curious as to what most of you feel is the most annoying thing you encounter while you're in the gym.

                    For me I'd have to say it's all of the guys that walk around claiming how strong/bad ass they are with their big upper bodies and their chicken legs. I swear I don't know what is with people these days. Everybody is so concerned with getting big and yet the two most power/size adding movements (Squat and Deadlift) are neglected. Kind of ironic isn't it?

                    -BTH
                    Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                    People who pay too much attention to what everyone else is doing.

                    Mind your own fucking business and do what you need to do.
                    Originally posted by BuiltToHurtMD View Post
                    Agreed....I'm in there and want to get done all of my shit ASAP. I just can't stand it when guys spend 30 minutes on something because of all the damn talking they do. Or they walk away (talking somewhere else) then come back and expect you to get off of the piece of equipment because they aren't done.
                    I think you missed it...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      While Sammich is right, there are things that don't have much to do with paying attention to what others are doing which can still get in someone's way... Like the friend of the gym owner in Turkey who put on YANNI loud as hell with no one to stop him. Well, that ruined the first half hour of my training that day (the dude left after that and took his boom box with him), but it made me start carrying my wife's iPod in my gym bag for as long as I worked out there, just in case.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
                        I think you missed it...
                        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                        kind of a douche

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't really pay much attention to the other people in the gym. It tends to distract me.
                          Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sammich View Post
                            people who pay too much attention to what everyone else is doing.

                            Mind your own fucking business and do what you need to do.
                            fu-----king a...
                            Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              People taking up the power racks for shit that they dont need one for. And second, assholes who think they are too improrant to put away the db's and unload the barbells after they are done with them. Unfortunately there is a level of stupidity out there that ends up affecting you no matter how hard you try to mind your own business.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X