Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiploading Question

Silly question...

When Skiploading do you guys eat hourly? Do you eat as much as you want or is it still controlled like your meals are during the week (except predominately carbs)?

I did my first skipload last saturday. I really enjoyed it but found that it seemed to be very high maintenance to eat at the top of every hour for the window of time that I set aside (9 hours)

All opinions welcome...thanks!

-BTH

You don't eat hourly, typically you eat for a specified number of hours until you feel full. I am by no means a skipload expert, but my interpretation is to go by feel and eat to consume as many grams of carbs, with smaller portions of protein and minimal fat. Once the window is over then go back to normal eating.

Some vets should have more informed answers but that is a start. You should watch the Longevity DVD and really listen to what Skip has to say as he outlines Skiploads in very good detail.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I eat as I feel like it. Sometimes I stuff myself and don't eat anything for 3-4 hours.. Other times I snack non-stop.
      Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
      FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
      www.316fit.com
      Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
        You don't eat hourly, typically you eat for a specified number of hours until you feel full. I am by no means a skipload expert, but my interpretation is to go by feel and eat to consume as many grams of carbs, with smaller portions of protein and minimal fat. Once the window is over then go back to normal eating.

Some vets should have more informed answers but that is a start. You should watch the Longevity DVD and really listen to what Skip has to say as he outlines Skiploads in very good detail.

Thanks Kris, I know I need to watch his DVD on it, I've been meaning to get to that. Lately I've been coming home from the gym and passing out. DC does me in!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
          I eat as I feel like it. Sometimes I stuff myself and don't eat anything for 3-4 hours.. Other times I snack non-stop.
          I like this approach....allows me to be a gluttenous pig if I want with the carb sources. Mmm

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
            ^^^ This! Although i try not to stuff myself because if i do, i'll go hard and then have a hard time recovering for the next meal or two or three. :Cry:
            2005 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 4th
            2007 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 2nd
            2008 - INBF NYC Hercules - 1st Novice
            2009 - INBF Barbados Universe - Open - 2nd
            2010 - INBF Naturalmania NYC- Open - 1st Heavyweight
            2011 - INBF World Championships - Open - 3rd

Comment

This is specifically why SKIP uses time windows instead of meals. It's pretty much get as much as you can in during the window. It covers meals and the grazing in-between 'em. but for me, I have better skiploads if I eat big-but-not-too-big meals and grazy a good amount too.
              Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Working...
              X