Headache when Skiploading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headache when Skiploading

Has anyone else ever run into this? I skipload one day a week, usually on Saturdays. I suspect it has to do with lack of water. I'm usually so focused (and happy!) to be eating cornpops and pop tarts that my usual water consumption is ignored and goes way down. I typically drink about a gallon of water every other day during the week. Any thoughts?

Lack of water and lots of sugary foods will have that effect.
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
      Lack of water and lots of sugary foods will have that effect.
      Not to state the obvious but I just need to pound the water then? Thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlas429 View Post
        Not to state the obvious but I just need to pound the water then? Thought so.
        Try that first...I don't do super surgary foods all day. I will break it up with pasta or l/f pizza...works well.

Comment

Try that first...I don't do super surgary foods all day. I will break it up with pasta or l/f pizza...works well.
          Thanks Heckman.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlas429 View Post
            Thanks Heckman.
            Sure thing...just toy around with what works for you..sometimes I do sugar foods up till about 3pm and then switch over. Or I will do every other meal different..kind of gives you a break from sugar and should eliminate those headaches.

Comment

One thing that I make sure I do if I wake up to piss in the middle of the night is to drink a bunch of water... and again in the morning I drink a lot of water before starting my skipload.

Typically we are dehydrated in the morning and then throwing a ton of carbs in your system with very little water will dehydrate you even more. Unfortunately, drinking more and more water throughout the day will crush my appetite for my skipload - so I try to get the water in and get it worked through my stomach before I start loading.
              Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
              FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
              www.316fit.com
              Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                One thing that I make sure I do if I wake up to piss in the middle of the night is to drink a bunch of water... and again in the morning I drink a lot of water before starting my skipload.

Typically we are dehydrated in the morning and then throwing a ton of carbs in your system with very little water will dehydrate you even more. Unfortunately, drinking more and more water throughout the day will crush my appetite for my skipload - so I try to get the water in and get it worked through my stomach before I start loading.
                Good point! Nice thing is I do cardio on my skipload days and usually have close to 2 liters of water in me prior to the start of my refeed at 6am...I just make sure I am drinking it all day long though....but yes, if you drink too much to soon it makes the food harder to pack in for sure...

Comment

Good point! Nice thing is I do cardio on my skipload days and usually have close to 2 liters of water in me prior to the start of my refeed at 6am...I just make sure I am drinking it all day long though....but yes, if you drink too much to soon it makes the food harder to pack in for sure...
                  That's not a nice thing.. delaying my skipload beyond when I wake up would suck.. tremendously.

www.316fit.com

Comment

That's not a nice thing.. delaying my skipload beyond when I wake up would suck.. tremendously.
                    I think right now with prejudging 2 days away, everything must suck for you...lol

Comment

I think right now with prejudging 2 days away, everything must suck for you...lol
                      You have no idea how much I hate every. single. person. that I see.

www.316fit.com

Comment

You have no idea how much I hate every. single. person. that I see.
                        Welcome to my life. :Cry:
                        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                        kind of a douche

Comment

Like the others said, lack of water and high GI carbs will do that. The high GI carbs increase systematic inflammation and for some people it's not a big deal but for others it causes headaches, makes you feel like shit, swollen, etc...

I usually mix half crappy foods with half better quality foods and feel much better.
                          If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                          http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                          2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                          2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

usually less water will trigger headaches for me on a typical day yet i'm fine on a refeed with very little/no water. If i try to drink anywhere close to the norm on a refeed my gut swells like a balloon being filled with helium but then feels like its being popped with razor blades without actually losing any air. THAT makes for a painful and crappy refeed complete with headaches!
                            2005 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 4th
                            2007 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 2nd
                            2008 - INBF NYC Hercules - 1st Novice
                            2009 - INBF Barbados Universe - Open - 2nd
                            2010 - INBF Naturalmania NYC- Open - 1st Heavyweight
                            2011 - INBF World Championships - Open - 3rd

Comment

possibly the acute rise in BP with all the high glycemic carbs?

EDIT: not that i'm saying there are long term health risks, before anyone gets offended. just a suggestion for what's going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X