Offseason cheat meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason cheat meals

Hey guys, it's going to be my first time incorporating cheat meals into my offseason nutrition plan. Previously I have always ate clean all throughout my offseason with no cheating what-so-ever but this year I'm switching it up.

I will be eating clean from Monday to Saturday, and having 2 cheat meals on Sunday (breakfast and one other meal). Should I keep all the other meals the same or should I change the rest of the meals that day to strictly protein/fat?

What do you guys do when incorporating a cheat meal into a day in the offseason? Do you simply just swap one of the meals for something you like? Or do you change the other meals that day as well?

Thank you in advance!
    SAVE 5% on your next TrueProtein.com order by using the discount code: LNG403

Have you looked into skiploading? Longevity DVD?
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

lol, I think you are making way more complicated than it has to be brother. Eat regular meals until you have your cheat meal. Continue with regular meals after.

Comment

Depends what the purpose is of your cheat meal. If it's to boost metabolism, or refill glycogen you should def. check out the longevity dvd.
        If you are just looking for a mental break, eat whatever you want for those two meals instead of whatever your "normal" would be. Just make sure you get your protein in for the day.
        Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
          Have you looked into skiploading? Longevity DVD?
          Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Depends what the purpose is of your cheat meal. If it's to boost metabolism, or refill glycogen you should def. check out the longevity dvd.
          If you are just looking for a mental break, eat whatever you want for those two meals instead of whatever your "normal" would be. Just make sure you get your protein in for the day.
          Thank you for the replies guys. I have in fact watched the Longevity DVD but from my interpretation skiploading is moreso for contest prep. My carbs stay relatively high and constant all week because I am currently in the offseason. I am simply just trying to incorporate 2 cheat meals on Sundays because from my understanding they can help prevent the body from stalling in terms of weight gain; as well as providing a mental break.

@[email protected] So you don't think changing the other meals of the day into protein/fat would be advantageous? I should just keep the other meals the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Danko View Post
            lol, I think you are making way more complicated than it has to be brother. Eat regular meals until you have your cheat meal. Continue with regular meals after.
            Lol I agree my man! I'm very OCD when it comes to bodybuilding and nutrition. I've never used cheat meals in the past so I just want to make sure I don't mess this up and end up looking like a slob!

Comment

You're over complicating things. Just skip out your meals for the burger or whatever it is. I would say if your weight gain has stalled then look at your overall diet setup instead of using cheat meals to get the scale going.... cheat meals aren't likely to be good calories anyways. I personally use it as a mental break/enjoying life. If I'm out with the boys or out for a date I use my cheat to eat what I please. Another option I use is substitute in some tasty carbs, but still fit it into my macronutrients. Nothing better then using watermelon as a carb source on a hot sunny afternoon
              SABBA Novice - 7th Welterweight

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessModel45 View Post
                Thank you for the replies guys. I have in fact watched the Longevity DVD but from my interpretation skiploading is moreso for contest prep. My carbs stay relatively high and constant all week because I am currently in the offseason. I am simply just trying to incorporate 2 cheat meals on Sundays because from my understanding they can help prevent the body from stalling in terms of weight gain; as well as providing a mental break.

@[email protected] So you don't think changing the other meals of the day into protein/fat would be advantageous? I should just keep the other meals the same?
                NA man, its offseason right? Don't worry bout it. Most important thing to me would be to hit your protein goal. Now if you find you are putting on more fat than you like, you'll have to look at your whole diet. Two cheat meals are not going to break you

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
                Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

Skip worked with me so I could get lean. I am not a competitor and mine wasn't a contest prep.

Comment

Skip worked with me so I could get lean. I am not a competitor and mine wasn't a contest prep.
                    But when you were working with Skip, I'm assuming you were keeping carbs lower throughout the week though correct? Because like I said, I'm keeping my carbs high throughout the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Allan View Post
                      You're over complicating things. Just skip out your meals for the burger or whatever it is. I would say if your weight gain has stalled then look at your overall diet setup instead of using cheat meals to get the scale going.... cheat meals aren't likely to be good calories anyways. I personally use it as a mental break/enjoying life. If I'm out with the boys or out for a date I use my cheat to eat what I please. Another option I use is substitute in some tasty carbs, but still fit it into my macronutrients. Nothing better then using watermelon as a carb source on a hot sunny afternoon
                      Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      NA man, its offseason right? Don't worry bout it. Most important thing to me would be to hit your protein goal. Now if you find you are putting on more fat than you like, you'll have to look at your whole diet. Two cheat meals are not going to break you

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
                      Alrighty sounds good guys! I haven't actually hit a plateau, I'm just saying saying IF I were to theoretically hit a plateau.

@Allan I agree on your comment about the calories from cheat meals likely being classified as unclean foods, but do you not believe that 'dirty foods' have their place in the offseason to shock the body? Not saying sugary foods like ice cream, but foods such as hamburgers or lasagna or pasta?

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessModel45 View Post
                        But when you were working with Skip, I'm assuming you were keeping carbs lower throughout the week though correct? Because like I said, I'm keeping my carbs high throughout the week.
                        Plenty of guys on here in off season mode, eating carbs during the week and still skiploading...

Comment

Grab a goddamned armful of Pop-Tarts and take that shit DOWN.
                          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                          kind of a douche

Comment

Plenty of guys on here in off season mode, eating carbs during the week and still skiploading...
                            Forgive me LG1, but I just did some searching on the boards here and cannot seem to get the blunt answer that I am looking for. What exactly in the idea behind consuming high carbs throughout the week (currently taking in a tad over 300 g of carbs per day) and skiploading on simple carbs on the weekend? What is the purpose of skiploading in the offseason? You don't want your metabolism to be sped up in the offseason do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                              Grab a goddamned armful of Pop-Tarts and take that shit DOWN.
                              Lol Sammich, you're making me crave Pop-Tarts now! I'll have to buy some for my cheat meal next Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                              X