No announcement yet.

Which brand of multivitamin do you use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which brand of multivitamin do you use?

Hey guys, I've been doing a lot of reading on the quality of multivitamins available out there and have discovered that there is a lot of crap being sold out there lol!

See: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/23858815/Multivitamin-Guide

So this is my question...which brand of multivitamin is everyone here using?
    SAVE 5% on your next TrueProtein.com order by using the discount code: LNG403

I've used TP's 3-a-day, OPTI-MEN from ON, ADAM from NOW and even GNC's Mega Man Sport. Whatever was convenient or handy. Currently using OPTI-MEN. I'd stick to something that's iron free and is cheap. Most formulas are very similar.
    True Protein Discount Code: AWC155

Comment

one of many, many threads on the same topic.....search my friend and you shall find.

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...t=multivitamin
      Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

can't go wrong with TP's 3-a-day multi vitamin (with or w/o iron).

other's you can look into that I know some have used and were happy with are Optimum Nutrition's Opti-Men or Universal's Animal Pak.
        2005 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 4th
        2007 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 2nd
        2008 - INBF NYC Hercules - 1st Novice
        2009 - INBF Barbados Universe - Open - 2nd
        2010 - INBF Naturalmania NYC- Open - 1st Heavyweight
        2011 - INBF World Championships - Open - 3rd

Comment

Orange Triad by controlled labs
          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by AChoi View Post
            I've used TP's 3-a-day, OPTI-MEN from ON, ADAM from NOW and even GNC's Mega Man Sport. Whatever was convenient or handy. Currently using OPTI-MEN. I'd stick to something that's iron free and is cheap. Most formulas are very similar.
            Originally posted by shankuan View Post
            can't go wrong with TP's 3-a-day multi vitamin (with or w/o iron).

other's you can look into that I know some have used and were happy with are Optimum Nutrition's Opti-Men or Universal's Animal Pak.
            Thanks for the replies guys! I'm currently using Animal Pak but there is no scientific data out there about the actual quality/potency/bio-availability of their multivitamin.

I think I'll give TP's 3-a-day a try as many people on here seem to like it.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessModel45 View Post
              Thanks for the replies guys! I'm currently using Animal Pak but there is no scientific data out there about the actual quality/potency/bio-availability of their multivitamin.

I think I'll give TP's 3-a-day a try as many people on here seem to like it.
              Not sure you're going to find 'scientific data' on any specific vitamin's quality/potency/bio-availability?

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                one of many, many threads on the same topic.....search my friend and you shall find.

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...t=multivitamin
                Thank you for the tip Heckman. I did indeed do a search before posting this thread and I did find threads about multivitamins; however, none of them seemed to be about the actual quality/potency/bio-availability directly. As well, I thought I'd add a new spin to the topic by suggesting the Multivitamin Guide pdf that I posted.

Comment

I buy much of my vitamins like multis from Puritan Pride when they do the buy 2 get 3 deals.

Comment

I'm with AChoi on this. I usually end up buying ADAM for NOW nutrition or Opti-men from ON. I prefer ADAM and so when I find it online somewhere on sale I stock up with a couple of months worth.
                    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

To be honest, I feel like the long-term difference will be seen if you take a multi or take nothing... I doubt there will be a substantial difference in taking an "optimal multi" with 100mg more of something than a different multi... unless of course your diet sucks and you're deficient in something...

Comment

Originally posted by AChoi View Post
                        To be honest, I feel like the long-term difference will be seen if you take a multi or take nothing... I doubt there will be a substantial difference in taking an "optimal multi" with 100mg more of something than a different multi... unless of course your diet sucks and you're deficient in something...
                        True. But looking at it from another perspective, one multi may have more of something than another, but its quality/potency maybe significantly less.

Comment

A multi is an insurance policy. Doesnt have to be a top brand name, just a quality product that is cost effective. Men's 1 A Day from BJs Wholesale. Men do yourself a favor and make sure your multi does not contain iron. You get more than enough from bodybuilding foods and an over-abundance of iron in the body can become harmful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Danko View Post
                            A multi is an insurance policy. Doesnt have to be a top brand name, just a quality product that is cost effective. Men's 1 A Day from BJs Wholesale. Men do yourself a favor and make sure your multi does not contain iron. You get more than enough from bodybuilding foods and an over-abundance of iron in the body can become harmful.
                            No offense brother but I think you missed the boat here lol! Read the original post and take a look at that Multivitamin Guide article I posted. Those the potency of some of most of those 1-a-day multi's is like 5%!!!

Comment

Dusty posted something similar a year or two ago. The take away was for effectiveness, quality and price, NOW brand was a solid choice.

I am personally using Carlson myself at the moment. According to the list, it too seems like a solid choice.
                              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Working...
                              X