Homemade pre-workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade pre-workout

Hi guys, I've recently gone back to dc training after aimlessly lifting fit the past 6-8 months. I've been tossing the idea around of making my own pre-workout. My idea is

15-20g TP potato starch
    1-2 scoops TP bcaa boost
    2-3g taurine
    3-5g gms

I use ec for energy, and my main goal with this mixture is a solid pump. I plan on using the potato starch and bcaa's post-workout too.

what do you guys think of this mixture pre or post? I thought about using it intra, but I'm not a fan of drinking anything but water intra. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

That is similar to what I currently take pre/intra/post

12g (1 scoop) BCAA plus
    30-60g Sweedish Oat Starch

having some taurine in there would be fine... what is gms?
    -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
    -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
    198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
    -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
    198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
    -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
    198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Gms=glycerol monostearate

Comment

That looks fine then... though the glycerol will be most beneficial before/during. I would be careful if you haven't used it before as it can cause your blood pressure to spike quite a bit.
        -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
        -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
        198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
        -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
        198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
        -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
        198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

I've use glycergrow before which is gms, and had a good experience. What makes the liquid glycerol a better option, in your opinion? Thanks man.

Comment

I use MG shake pre, during and post.
            "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
            J.M.

Comment

I would also throw in 3g of Arginine AKG (I know it really does nothing else but it gives an awesome pump) and maybe 2g Beta alanine. I use something like that except I drink the WMS during my workout and use 1-2 tablespoon of glycerol.
              Use my Discount Code JSG555 to Save 5% Off Your Order and Help A Broke College Guy Outhttp://www.truenutrition.com/

Comment

Do you guys think this mixture would be better pre or intra? Would you use potato starch or oat starch post workout? Thanks.

Comment

Beta-Alanine for sure IMO. Don't think taurine does much. I could be wrong but I just read something to that effect. GMS is great. BCAAs or if budget is tight use some Isolate. As well as some good ol' caffeine. I use to do my own pre-workout before I got MT supps. For those who want to try the new "neurocore" it's pretty complete as well. Do it yourself is great for those on a budget. I also do a intra but thats another thread.
                  Carlos Rodriguez
                  IFBB Pro League BBer
                  IFBB Pro League Judge
                  NPC National Judge
                  As iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Prov 27:17
                  www.facebook.com/PastorPump

Comment

Pastorpump, curious to hear if you use creatine, if so what type(s)? Thx
                    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by trontheman View Post
                      Do you guys think this mixture would be better pre or intra? Would you use potato starch or oat starch post workout? Thanks.
                      Also, take a look at TP bcaa boost and/or bcaa plus:hungry:

Comment

Throw in a few pinches of salt, as well. If it were me I'd add in 5g of L-arginine and hit another 5g later on in the day as well.
                        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                        kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                          Throw in a few pinches of salt, as well. If it were me I'd add in 5g of L-arginine and hit another 5g later on in the day as well.
                          Word! Sea salt intra and PWO for me... especially on low carb diet. Too bad I can't handle/allergic to large amounts of Arginine and it's precursors :-(

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                            Word! Sea salt intra and PWO for me... especially on low carb diet. Too bad I can't handle/allergic to large amounts of Arginine and it's precursors :-(
                            Then go for citrulline malatate.
                            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                            kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                              Then go for citrulline malatate.
                              Same effect unfortunately as arginine and NO for me...

Comment

Working...
                              X