Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New offseason diet-Where can I add more calories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coconut + peanut butter + siracha + greek yogurt = amazing sauce for chicken
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
      Son of a BITCH that sounds delicious.
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

This does sound good.

So I'm gathering from you all is that the concensus is I'm lacking in fats? I will add some nuts in during work, possibly some oil in the shakes as well. The subs have a dressing on them (chipotle sauce from Subway), so that has a decent amount of fat in it, though not the best for you I know.

I'm thinking I need more protein grams as well, so I may add some more meat in, SOMEWHERE.
        TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

Originally posted by darkguitars2000 View Post
          This does sound good.

So I'm gathering from you all is that the concensus is I'm lacking in fats? I will add some nuts in during work, possibly some oil in the shakes as well. The subs have a dressing on them (chipotle sauce from Subway), so that has a decent amount of fat in it, though not the best for you I know.

I'm thinking I need more protein grams as well, so I may add some more meat in, SOMEWHERE.
          It's not so much that your lacking fats, it's just that it's so incredibly easy to add fats to shakes. If adding oils tastes gross, you can get some flax powder or something to add to your shakes. I mean you can add a fuckload of calories that way. But watch how much, lest it.. uhh... leak out the other end. Put some in zip-loc bags to take with you and slam them down whenever is convenient.

And hell, if you really need extra calories, you could sip soda during the day. It's far from optimal, and I'd recommend getting ones that have real cane sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup, but you do what you can with what you got.

Another good protein idea would be jerky. Beef jerky is fucking awesome, or you could go a little healthier and get some Ostrim (jerky/slim-jims made from ostritch). Those things are delicious.

I'll second what DefIguana said about trail mix. Here's a trick to make it FUCKING SWEET. Buy some bags of trail mix and a big-ass bag of M&Ms (or your choco-candy of choice) and add extra to the trail mix. A few palmfuls will be a ton of extra carbs and healthy fats, which boils down to calories. Plus it tastes so damn good.
          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
          kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by AChoi View Post
            I don't really notice the EVOO too much... I also down my shakes really fast though.
            Is there any benefit to taking extra virgin olive oil vs extra light olive oil??

Because I always buy the extra light and I can't even taste it in my shakes. (nutrition labels and the amount of cals and fat per tablespoon for them are the same)

Comment

Adding fats would be a good idea. You could eat some nuts as a snack (macadamia nuts are great) !
              True Protein 5% discount code: JVM902

What we do in life... echoes in eternity !

Comment

Wow! Never thought of that! I envison some uber tasty chicken, which I hate anyway...so this would make it bearable in large quantities!

Mentalflex...
                Can I re-appropriate that idea to test out? Of course you would get full credit if it's discovered in my possession. Do you dip with it or smother or what?

-DH
                www.toopumped.net
                7 X IFBB champion

"Do something productive, instead of talking about those that are"
                -DH

Comment

Originally posted by darkguitars2000 View Post
                  Trying to add weight for about 6 months, and learned my lesson last year- Eating a buffet 4 times a week just makes me fat. Now I have a new job where I'm on my feet, so I'm burning calories like crazy and I need to have "quick" meals for between clients.

So take a look, tell me where I can add things.

Wake up- 8 oz ground beef, shredded potatoes in olive oil, vegetables
                  Pre W/O- 50 g whey, oatmeal bar, fruit (bout 60 g worth of carbs here)
                  During workout- MG blend w/BCAA's
                  Post Workout- MG blend W/BCAA's
                  1 hr post W/O- 50 g whey, 6 inch chicken breast sub
                  3.5 hr later- 50 g whey, 6 inch chicken breast sub
                  before bed- 30 g casein shake, 1.5 tbs natural pb

Yes, I KNOW it's a lot of protein powder, but I gotta eat fast, and don't have TOO much time to cook nowadays with the new job.

So protein macros are at-

Meal 1- 50
                  Meal 2- 50
                  W/O-20 + BCAA's
                  Meal 3- 75
                  Meal 4- 75
                  Meal 5- 30

EDIT: I'm hovering around 190-195 at 12% or abouts.
                  How about some frozen italian meatballs? Keep them in a tupperware/gladware/ etc...nuke them with a paper towel underneath to absorb the excess fat. You can find them in the frozen section of most grocery stores. Quick fast, "dirty" protein but it will add to the goal you are seeking.

-DH
                  www.toopumped.net
                  7 X IFBB champion

"Do something productive, instead of talking about those that are"
                  -DH

Comment

Originally posted by ProDH View Post
                    How about some frozen italian meatballs? Keep them in a tupperware/gladware/ etc...nuke them with a paper towel underneath to absorb the excess fat. You can find them in the frozen section of most grocery stores. Quick fast, "dirty" protein but it will add to the goal you are seeking.

-DH
                    The man himself!!

Thanks for the advice, brother. I used to munch on these meatballs when I was younger, and they're delicious and loaded with protein!
                    TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

Working...
                    X