what to eat after skipload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to eat after skipload?

sorry if this question has been asked many times before... i have searched but cannot find a clear answer. i keep reading "once skipload is over, return to your normal meals" but this doesn't help me much.

if i wake up and have my 7 hour skipload, i'll still have a good 6-8 hours of eating left in the day and i have no idea how much of my normal calorie allowance to consume after the skipload.

can anyone help me out here?

cheers

Originally posted by ruaidhri View Post
    sorry if this question has been asked many times before... i have searched but cannot find a clear answer. i keep reading "once skipload is over, return to your normal meals" but this doesn't help me much.

if i wake up and have my 7 hour skipload, i'll still have a good 6-8 hours of eating left in the day and i have no idea how much of my normal calorie allowance to consume after the skipload.

can anyone help me out here?

cheers
    How much more simple can it get than "return to your normal meals"...?

You, simply, return to your normal meals that you would eat on that day of the week if you weren't skiploading.

It's even tough typing this out, because I can't explain it any better than "return to your normal meals."

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post

You, simply, return to your normal meals that you would eat on that day of the week if you weren't skiploading.

It's even tough typing this out, because I can't explain it any better than "return to your normal meals."
      Exactly...and who said you had to only load for 7 hours? Step up to the plate and load for 12...then you don't have to worry about "normal meals"
      Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post

i had a feeling i would get a reply like this, sorry for being awkward!

well, i don't necessarily have set meals and certainly don't time my meals, i just make sure i hit my target macros and cals by the end of the day.

so if my macros for a rest day are 300p/120c/95f, what proportion of this should i have after a 7 hour skipload?

i don't tend to have any more carbs after the skipload and just have 2-3 profat meals but it's guesswork really, i don't want to eat more cals after the skipload than i should.

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
          Exactly...and who said you had to only load for 7 hours? Step up to the plate and load for 12...then you don't have to worry about "normal meals"
          i started off at 5 hours and increased the load as i got leaner. this is my 3rd week at 7 hours and it's clearly long enough as i loaded on sunday and i'm still 2lb above baseline.

Comment

Let how much below baseline you are come sunday (just before refeed) be your guide as to whether the hours are sufficient. The greater the loss, the greater the window you can afford to work with. are you preparing for a competition or just looking to shed some fat or get in better shape?

As for your normal meals on any given day, it makes sense to split your macros across 6 or 7 meals per day, keeping the carb meals earlier in the day (meals 1-3) and include a post workout meal if you lift at nights. This makes your return to 'normal' meals on refeed day easier, because you'll know exactly the amt of pro/fats to have at each meal.

Don't guess, work it out and be consistent. That's the only way you'll know if it what you are doing is working.
            2005 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 4th
            2007 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 2nd
            2008 - INBF NYC Hercules - 1st Novice
            2009 - INBF Barbados Universe - Open - 2nd
            2010 - INBF Naturalmania NYC- Open - 1st Heavyweight
            2011 - INBF World Championships - Open - 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by shankuan View Post
              Let how much below baseline you are come sunday (just before refeed) be your guide as to whether the hours are sufficient. The greater the loss, the greater the window you can afford to work with. are you preparing for a competition or just looking to shed some fat or get in better shape?

As for your normal meals on any given day, it makes sense to split your macros across 6 or 7 meals per day, keeping the carb meals earlier in the day (meals 1-3) and include a post workout meal if you lift at nights. This makes your return to 'normal' meals on refeed day easier, because you'll know exactly the amt of pro/fats to have at each meal.

Don't guess, work it out and be consistent. That's the only way you'll know if it what you are doing is working.
              thanks.

well although my meals are not set it's not total guesswork, i usually have 3 large meals as this is what i prefer and there is no science backing having more frequent meals. for example the first meal of the day is always pro fat only. the second meal is usually most of my daily carb allowance. then i have another pro fat meal in the evening. but they are not at certain times or anything and the macro contents of the meals vary from day to day. at the end of the day the macros are always the same though (i do have more carbs on training days). based on this i guess i should have a single pro fat meal after a 7 hour refeed.

so if i only lose 0.5-1lb, perhaps i should have a shorter refeed that week?

i am not competing my goal is to get sub 10% bodyfat for the first time in my life. i think i am only a few weeks away from achieving this now (have been cutting for 7 weeks), just got some stubborn fat on my hips/lower back area.
              Last edited by ruaidhri; 07-27-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I don't get how people still have questions about Skiploading. The DVD goes through damn near everything and if something isn't covered there, it's definitely been addressed in the forum. You probably haven't watched the DVD, so go watch it, it's worth it.
                Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Working...
                X