Logbook format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logbook format

How do you guys maintain your log book? Is it possible to catch a glimpse of Dantes logbook? I mantain an A4 ring binder where I write the exercise and the sets and reps next to it. Each page will contain 2-3 workouts. However the problem with this is that I sometimes go into a rut and use the same poundage without realising it.
    No specific reason why I want to look at Dantes logbook... any other veteran will do......

A4 Ringbinder. Day (or A1, B1, etc) at the top. then the exercise & rep scheme. Underneath what I lift. Leave a few lines then the next exercise & repeat.
    WWW.GREATMANJOHN.NET

Comment

For me an example day would go
      exercise weight x reps, reps, reps ( additional comments )

--------------------------------------------
      DB 65 x 15,10,5 (pulled something)
      M 110 x 10,8,5
      PJR 60 x 15,12,7 [A1]
      etc..
      etc..
      same format
      same format [B1]

-------------------------------------------------

i use a lot of shorthand so
      DB = flat dumbell press
      M - military press
      PJR = pjr pullovers

by no means am i a veteran, but i like to think im pretty organized. its not letting me space correctly so ill add that i put the date all the way on the right above my 1st exercise, and i put A1 or B1 in a box about 2 lines underneath the date, it makes it less cluttered since everything isnt squished on the left, and i can easily pick out what [Day/Number] im looking for since its floating by itself on the right
      Last edited by teckno05; 07-25-2011, 10:47 AM. Reason: my tab button is retarded

Comment

I use an app called "SpreadSheet" on my iPhone. Lets me email to and from my desktop to keep a safe copy.

Comment

I go out to an office supply story and get a day planner every year. All of the days and dates are nicely laid out. Very easy to see where you took a week off or took an extra day off between workouts. Makes looking back on your previous workouts quick and easy.

Comment

I make a lot of notes in my log book about form, how much weight to add next workout, if something doesn't feel right I note it, bascally anyting to help my next workout.

Comment

I just use the notes app on my iPhone. The last thing you want is to get to the gym only to forget your logbook...I always have my phone on me so what the hey...
              Max Muscle
              5020 Katella Ave.
              Los Alamitos, CA 90720
              www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
                I just use the notes app on my iPhone. The last thing you want is to get to the gym only to forget your logbook...I always have my phone on me so what the hey...
                same. I use the notes function on my touch. Have yet to forget it.

Comment

Plain notepad and a pen. Write down the exercises I did that day and the amount of reps I got, how much weight I used, etc.
                  I usually use the notes function on my phone when I'm in the gym to keep track of the amount of reps I did, and then when I get home I write them down in my logbook. Don't really feel like dragging the notepad with me.
                  Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Working...
                  X