Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential dangers of site enhancement oil (SEO, Synthol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential dangers of site enhancement oil (SEO, Synthol)

Here's something I wonder about using SEO. Ignore, for the moment, the issues of what would happen if you injected into a vein (which would very be difficult to accidentally do).

If one uses too much, I wonder if you could get compartment syndrome: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartment_syndrome

That would involve using a fair amount of oil at once, but if it happens it's going to be some bad fucking news.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
    Here's something I wonder about using SEO. Ignore, for the moment, the issues of what would happen if you injected into a vein (which would very be difficult to accidentally do).

If one uses too much, I wonder if you could get compartment syndrome: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartment_syndrome

That would involve using a fair amount of oil at once, but if it happens it's going to be some bad fucking news.
    your answer lies within your own post
    2006 NPC SUPERIOR NOVICE AND OPEN MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION
    2006 NPC MIDFLORIDA CLASSIC LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Removed..No free advertising!

Comment

Will SEO make my deadlift bigger...no. I don't lift to compete, I compete because I can and have decent enough genetics to. I lift because that is the true joy of every iron freak. We love to be in the gym. Trophy chasers will come and go but we will be the 70 yr old farts still going in enjoying the rush of training. Yes we all want bigger this or that muscle but thats why we find exercise methods: pre-exhaust, Positions of Flexion, or any "training" method to try to achieve that goal. The joy is in the process and effort more then just being given an end result
      Those who enjoy SEO , knock yourselves out, but again DO NOT compare the pain of injecting oil as a label for being "hardcore". I don't care if you are a pro or a joe. You want to inject x amount of inches into a bodypart I have no problem. The problem is when those people try to turn it into something its not. It is not an alternative training system. Training makes you stronger not just inflated. SEO do not make you stronger so save the "it will turn into muscle one day". I get stronger every week to hell with the tape measure I am building real muscle.
      Carlos Rodriguez
      IFBB Pro League BBer
      IFBB Pro League Judge
      NPC National Judge
      As iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Prov 27:17
      www.facebook.com/PastorPump

Comment

^ x2 ... each to their own tho.
        Last edited by RedSkull; 07-24-2011, 04:20 AM.
        PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by pastorpump View Post
          Will SEO make my deadlift bigger...no. I don't lift to compete, I compete because I can and have decent enough genetics to. I lift because that is the true joy of every iron freak. We love to be in the gym. Trophy chasers will come and go but we will be the 70 yr old farts still going in enjoying the rush of training. Yes we all want bigger this or that muscle but thats why we find exercise methods: pre-exhaust, Positions of Flexion, or any "training" method to try to achieve that goal. The joy is in the process and effort more then just being given an end result
          Those who enjoy SEO , knock yourselves out, but again DO NOT compare the pain of injecting oil as a label for being "hardcore". I don't care if you are a pro or a joe. You want to inject x amount of inches into a bodypart I have no problem. The problem is when those people try to turn it into something its not. It is not an alternative training system. Training makes you stronger not just inflated. SEO do not make you stronger so save the "it will turn into muscle one day". I get stronger every week to hell with the tape measure I am building real muscle.
          complete off topic comment. that is not what the OP was even about. i thought we had already established in the other thread that people who dont use synthol dont give a shit about those who use it and viceversa.
          The OP was just asking if you can get compartment syndrome by injecting too much synthol all at one
          Last edited by Rocky; 07-24-2011, 05:14 AM.

Comment

No, he said dangers of. His post was about CS not the whole thread. My post was the about another danger is losing focus of why we started this. That is my post. Its not off topic you just can't understand that.
            Carlos Rodriguez
            IFBB Pro League BBer
            IFBB Pro League Judge
            NPC National Judge
            As iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Prov 27:17
            www.facebook.com/PastorPump

Comment

x3 Carlos, I would also add that I have yet to see someone do a job that appears to be natural. That's not to say it can't be done, but the muscle usually has a strange look to it, especially come contest time.
              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
              2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
              2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
              2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
              2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                complete off topic comment. that is not what the OP was even about. i thought we had already established in the other thread that people who dont use synthol dont give a shit about those who use it and viceversa.
                The OP was just asking if you can get compartment syndrome by injecting too much synthol all at one
                How about you let me decide what I said, chief?

The topic is "Potential dangers of site enhancement oil (SEO, Synthol)".
                kind of a douche

Comment

ok, in that case you alredy got the answer regarding the potential danger of getting compartment syndrome above...hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                    x3 Carlos, I would also add that I have yet to see someone do a job that appears to be natural. That's not to say it can't be done, but the muscle usually has a strange look to it, especially come contest time.
                    i will post pics again,once i m dieted down,and you will be able to tell how strange a look my arms will have then

Comment

Something else that occurred to me is the longer oil stays in the muscle, the higher the chance of developing an abscess. So if someone is putting 2-3cc of oil in a (relatively) small muscle like the biceps or one of the deltoids, there is a bit of a higher risk for something nasty happening.
                      kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                        Something else that occurred to me is the longer oil stays in the muscle, the higher the chance of developing an abscess. So if someone is putting 2-3cc of oil in a (relatively) small muscle like the biceps or one of the deltoids, there is a bit of a higher risk for something nasty happening.
                        even though bis and tris are relatively smal muscle groups,they can be divided into innner and outer heads (plus medial head for triceps) and upper,middle,and lower areas for each head. if you do the math that gives you about 6 or more injection sites that you can rotate. that greatly reduces the chance of abscess development. you dont poke the same area of the bicep and tricep every single time.
                        The other reason why you want to rotate injection site as to hit both heads of the muscle in the upper,middle,and lower areas is that doing so will produce a more even and uniform spreading of the oil inside the muscle,thus leading to a more natural look. you keep hitting the same head and neglect the others,and you will get an awkward shape to the muscle as a whole,with one head completely overpowering the others

Comment

Working...
                        X