guy told to stop deadlifting in my gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guy told to stop deadlifting in my gym

I workout at golds,,,they hired 2 new gm's (fired the long time GM) about 2 weeks ago. This is a pretty hard core old school gym. Today a guy who has lifted there for a while was doing his deads with 700lbs or something (alot of weight) and banging it on the floor. I never lifted that much but id assume that much weight is going to bang on the floor i dont know what he is supposed to do. He was minding his own business doing his deads and the 2 new gm's walked up to him and told him he couldnt do that. Not sure of the whole story.

Wow,,i can see planet fitness,,,,but golds???

Originally posted by qbkilla View Post
    I workout at golds,,,they hired 2 new gm's (fired the long time GM) about 2 weeks ago. This is a pretty hard core old school gym. Today a guy who has lifted there for a while was doing his deads with 700lbs or something (alot of weight) and banging it on the floor. I never lifted that much but id assume that much weight is going to bang on the floor i dont know what he is supposed to do. He was minding his own business doing his deads and the 2 new gm's walked up to him and told him he couldnt do that. Not sure of the whole story.

Wow,,i can see planet fitness,,,,but golds???
    Interesting how logic can somehow be lost in these situations.

I'm guessing the guy's been DL'ing 600+ in there for years. If the floor's messed up under the mats, does it matter if the mats are not irregular or a danger in any way?...

Do they know that 700lb would be significantly more damaging than say 400lb or was it that he was just dropping the weight?...

Either way, sad to hear about another hard-core gym slipping away...

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

The same thing happened at the Golds in my city a couple of years ago. Anyone who lifted heavy and made lots of noise received their walking papers, they did alot of people really dirty.

Comment

That's a bunch of bullshit, but honestly, coming from Golds, the place that took down Arnolds posters after all of his years of business and advertisting there...I'm not too shocked. Golds Gym Fitness Club.
        …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

The Golds Gyms in Tucson let me do whatever I want. Even the seniors gym called Fit Center let's me deadlift.
          International Elite Raw Powerlifter
          Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by Future View Post
            The Golds Gyms in Tucson let me do whatever I want. Even the seniors gym called Fit Center let's me deadlift.
            Yeah, but you use pussy weight.... LOL

-S
            The Book Has Arrived!
            The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

You've got to stand up for yourself in those situations. I had someone tell me to stop rack pulling one time. When I asked why, he said because the weights were slamming. I made him stand there and watch as I did my next set so he could see that I was not dropping weights. I explained to the 150lb fitness expert that 600lbs of steel coming down on steel pins is going to make some noise no matter how gently you lower the weight.

Same with deads, 700lbs doesn't go down silently.

I guess it's okay for golds to have a logo of a bar bending deadlift, but you can't actually do it in the gym? That's the first thing I'd point out.

"Nobody gives a **** about your six pack when you weigh 175 pounds". -M.R.

Journal

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedneck View Post
                I guess it's okay for golds to have a logo of a bar bending deadlift, but you can't actually do it in the gym? That's the first thing I'd point out.

Not to mention, look at the guy in the logo. He didn't get that way doing Zumba.

-S
                The Book Has Arrived!
                The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Interesting, I had the gym manager come over to me at Powerhouse just to bust my cajones as a joke while I was deadlifting. He said can you keep it down? I replied, Can you go away? He laughed and did. I'm glad this place is okay with it. Geez, where are you supposed to work out when you get strong?
                  For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                    Not to mention, look at the guy in the logo. He didn't get that way doing Zumba.

-S
                    You're right about that, looks like a crossfitter.
                    "Nobody gives a **** about your six pack when you weigh 175 pounds". -M.R.

Journal

Comment

You're right about that, looks like a crossfitter.
                      Kinda skinny for a cross-fitter, but you're probably right.

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                        Yeah, but you use pussy weight.... LOL

-S
                        Touche, Sir.
                        International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Those are 5's and 2.5lb plates duh
                          [YOUTUBE]obdd31Q9PqA[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

And that is why I choose to be weak...lol
                            If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                            http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                            2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                            2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Same thing happened to my friend here recently at gold's
                              He does a lot of power lifting and they told him and a few people he trains with basically the same thing its really unfortunate

Comment

Working...
                              X